Notre Dame

In-depth debate on all topical issues
black_guardian

Re: Notre Dame

Post by black_guardian »

Royal24s wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I think the Police also work with that other handy tool called suspicion before they often gather evidence.

Having perhaps more experience in police work than some here, I'd be dissapointed in any officer who didn't investigate the possibility that an incident was connected to a series of similar incidents. Obviously , as you say, evidence is the RESULT of an investigation rather than a requirement to start one.

You must have really been excited during the height of stop and search back in the day...

Sad to see history go up in flames. I'm hoping that firefighter who was badly injured recovers safely. Amazing how few on this forum are glad no one was killed but instead build themselves into frenzy of apoplectic rage that this was a deliberate act somehow related to religion.

It is more than a building but going forward the restoration should not just attempt to recreate the past but it should reflect the spirit of France as it exists today.

I just laughed with absolute scorn at "the Donald's" Twitter suggestion of flying water tanks which would have fucked up the building even more! Never has one got so far with so little intelligence.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

black_guardian wrote: It is more than a building but going forward the restoration should not just attempt to recreate the past but it should reflect the spirit of France as it exists today.

I'm not convinced they should do that:

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

black_guardian wrote:
It is more than a building but going forward the restoration should not just attempt to recreate the past but it should reflect the spirit of France as it exists today.

Yes, - I was waiting for some some virtue signaller/progressive (or whatever the designation is) to make a suggestion like that.
Rainbow coloured maybe?
Or maybe turn it into a eurodisney style castle, with 28 (hopefully 27) euro stars suspended overhead.
Would that make you virtually smile?
:cry:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Or replace the spire with a minaret.

subsub

Post by subsub »

black_guardian wrote:You must have really been excited during the height of stop and search back in the day...

Sad to see history go up in flames. I'm hoping that firefighter who was badly injured recovers safely. Amazing how few on this forum are glad no one was killed but instead build themselves into frenzy of apoplectic rage that this was a deliberate act somehow related to religion

=D> =D>
Spot on, guard-o
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

black_guardian wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I think the Police also work with that other handy tool called suspicion before they often gather evidence.

Having perhaps more experience in police work than some here, I'd be dissapointed in any officer who didn't investigate the possibility that an incident was connected to a series of similar incidents. Obviously , as you say, evidence is the RESULT of an investigation rather than a requirement to start one.

You must have really been excited during the height of stop and search back in the day...

Sad to see history go up in flames. I'm hoping that firefighter who was badly injured recovers safely. Amazing how few on this forum are glad no one was killed but instead build themselves into frenzy of apoplectic rage that this was a deliberate act somehow related to religion.

I just laughed with absolute scorn at "the Donald's" Twitter suggestion of flying water tanks which would have fucked up the building even more! Never has one got so far with so little intelligence.

There are plenty. Dianne Abbott is the usual go to person to demonstrate lack of intelligence. AOC in America. Mastermind himself Lammy.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

black_guardian wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Well you've done very well to write long sentences, but that's a very big claim. Well done though.
What are you on about with the stop and search bollocks ? That's hardly an investigation is it?
In any case that's exactly the sort of reason someone might get stopped isn't it ? Being in a place which has suffered a lot of recent crimes without any apparent reason.

Your comments about religion and no one having been killed show a disrespect and a failure to consider the cultural and historic importance of the building, not only to France but to Europe and the world. That's probably not your fault.

Of course it should be reproduced as closely as possible and no one is interested in replacing it with some multi ethnic yogurt knitting Hall of Mirrors which you imagine reflects the spirit of France because it'd be consistent with a few peoples transient delusions of reality.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Jon Gout wrote:Remember the York Minster fire and how long that investigation took? They eventually concluded the chance of it being lightning was 80%, arson 10% and electrical problem 10%. Never any definitive answer.

Yet the usual suspects were saying as early as 8am this morning that there is a Notre Dame cover-up because a cause hadn't been officially announced.

They should stop believing everything they see in their Facebook timelines.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Has it been proved to be pyromaniacal paedophile Muslim rape gangs yet?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Case closed then Ralph.
If someone who had nothing to do with it posted something on Facebook or whatever it is about someone else who had nothing to do with it that shows that the fire was accidental.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Royal24s wrote:Of course it should be reproduced as closely as possible

Are you saying that the spire, which was a 19th century design, shouldn't be reproduced and that the new one should be based on the original instead? Why not have a competition for a new design the way that spire came to be?

My entry is a rainbow-striped unicorn's horn.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Steve Hunt wrote:
black_guardian wrote: It is more than a building but going forward the restoration should not just attempt to recreate the past but it should reflect the spirit of France as it exists today.

I'm not convinced they should do that:

Fair point Steve...I guess if I excluded people wearing yellow the racists/Brextremists (delete as applicable) would have a field day!

They'd all be wearing their Alex Jones/Glenn Beck t shirts...the right wing version of bleeding hearts. Their world is one where everything is a conspiracy.

Apologies for the long sentences Royal24..it must really tax your imagination and patience...

Keep banging the rocks together boys, some of you will see the light.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

A massive penis with illuminated bell end to show solidarity with LGBT community and the entrance should be made to look like a giant gender neutral bum hole.

paolo

Post by paolo »

"Jean-Marc Fournier is a French priest who helped the wounded in the Bataclan terror attack on Paris.

"He survived an ambush in Afghanistan.

"He also emerged as a hero of the Notre Dame fire.

"Jean-Marc Fournier, chaplain of the Paris Fire Brigade, rushed straight for the relics housed in the cathedral to rescue the the Blessed Sacrament and the Crown of Thorns relics from the blazing building on Monday night...

"Four years ago he also comforted the wounded after the worst terrorist attack on Paris this century when 89 people were massacred at the Eagles of Death Metal concert in 2015."
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Sid Pervcat wrote:Has it been proved to be pyromaniacal paedophile Muslim rape gangs yet?

Again, no ones suggested anything remotely like that have they ?
Normal people have expressed perfectly normal curiosity about a major incident and a small group of mentally conditioned political wierdos have jumped in to insist upon the innocence of a particular group who haven't been accused of anything.

It would be illogical to blame Moslems without any evidence, but equally illogical to disregard them or any other group simply because they are part of that group.
Apart from anything else it's very patronising - as if you think they need your protection and advocacy.