Stuff the BBC don't report

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Stuff the BBC don't report

Post by Royal24s »

I keep getting tag teamed by the usual suspects for questioning the State Broadcaster, and my friend Hillman has been asking me for years now about alternative sources of information, refusing to accept that there are any no matter how many times they're pointed out.
I've often suggested that the State Broadcaster has a political agenda and a strong editorial policy regarding stories which might call it into question. Well, I'd honestly have thought that was obvious, but I thought there should be a thread where people can post stuff which the BBC won't cover for these reasons.

A story which is doing the rounds in free countries today is a clip of kids singing terrorist songs in a moslem school in Philadelphia USA. Here it is, and you can follow it if you're interested by linking to many news services worldwide

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Re: Stuff the BBC don't report

Post by Royal24s »

Let's see whether this becomes so well known that they do one of their retrospective cover ups 36 hours later

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Just a question of prioritisation. At the moment all journos are on Royal baby duty.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Journalists in this country have always given the Royals too much coverage. It’s the sycophantic tone of the BBC’s coverage that grinds my gears. It hasn’t moved on much since the 1950s.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:Just a question of prioritisation. At the moment all journos are on Royal baby duty.

And yet, as I pointed out in another thread, a 30 year old climate change piece was in front of the Royal baby in the specific bulletin I quoted.
I'm not saying it should have been the lead story, but since it's been quite a big story elsewhere you might have thought they could have squeezed it in somewhere the tragic story of the homosexual sailor being victimised in the1980s and the brilliant new strategy by the NHS of treating people by giving them colouring books and a box of crayons.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It was said with tongue in cheek Royals. I agree with you on the BBC, it's a blatant agenda omission. I still tend to watch BBC news however, particularly in the mornings. Absolutely anything is better than the Morgan show.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:It was said with tongue in cheek Royals. I agree with you on the BBC, it's a blatant agenda omission. I still tend to watch BBC news however, particularly in the mornings. Absolutely anything is better than the Morgan show.

That's the problem, - the BBC is (obviously) everywhere in the UK - is is 'our' national broadcaster and it isn't easy to gather information on tv or (and particularly) radio without opting for a BBC service at some point.
All perfectly fine if it were truly unbiased and/or not forced upon us at our expense under threat of imprisonment.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah, I watch it too but the worrying thing is that a lot of people think it's entirely truthful and accurate.
Actually I speak to a lot of Jewish and Moslem people who can't understand why the English believe everything they see on the tv news because it's obvious to most people in the world that if the government have got an input they're going to tell you what they want you to hear.
To be honest , and when I think about it, I think we're the only country where so many people are so trusting of the news.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Royal24s wrote:Yeah, I watch it too

You said the other day that you don't watch it and just happened to one time by accident:
Royal24s wrote:Well I don't usually you see. As it was it came on and I was doing something else so I didn't mute it or anything.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I'm not sure there's any inconsistency there.
I don't usually watch the news at ten, but like anyone else in a country where the BBC dominates the airways I catch BBC programming of various sorts. If I'm in the car I'll sometimes put R4 on because the only alternative is bongo music and I might watch occasional programmes.
If I hadn't watched it I'd hardly be writing about it, in the same way that I wouldn't be talking about propose legislation without having read it, ( let's not return to that particular issue though).
This business of trying to single out a few words out of context to create an apparent inconsistency is actually a bit silly and hardly convincing.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Ah, so by "don't usually" you actually meant "do usually". I see.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Maybe the BBC should raise the licence fee to any astronomical rate necessary to ensure they have reporters everywhere reporting everything for everybody's tastes.
Godwin's law

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

What would your ideal BBC evening news line up be, Royals?

- Something about America
- Something about Russia
- 30 second Royal baby announcement

?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

They can report whatever they like in any way they want to, if they'd do so without pretending to be an unbiased and independent marker for fair play, and most importantly without forcing people to pay for it.
As has been pointed out ,there are plenty of biased news providers ,but I'm not complaining about them because I'm not paying for them if I don't want to, and I'm not hearing idiots wanting to interfere with the lives of normal people based upon the dogma they spread.

Somehow a lot of people have bought into the illusion that you can believe the BBC more than other channels and that they somehow represent an objective moral standard to be followed. That's wrong ,and I try to highlight it.

In our dumbed down Godless and fatherless society , the less educated and intelligent look for a benevolent guidance which is missing, and perhaps understandably think they've found it in this smoothe operation.
Well, that's not right - it's a lie , and all I can do is point it out. If you or anyone else choose to trust them it's up to you but I think they'll lead you down some very dissapointing paths.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well this could have gone in several thread. Brexit, BBC Bias or this one.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Andrew Marr gave a perfect demonstration of its bias by skirting around important issues he/the BBC didn't want to talk about. He interviewed Farage who you'd think was there to discuss the monumental rise of the Brexit Party but instead adopted the latest interview technique of just plucking quotes from the past and asking him to justify them in order to make him look disjointed and to fluster them into looking incapable of answering tough questions.

Any road, it backfired badly and Nigel tore him a new one.