Stuff the BBC don't report

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Stuff the BBC don't report

Post by Royal24s »

L
https://www.thelocal.fr/20190514/yellow ... s-ceremony

There's a random one , but there's plenty more, especially if you use no google powered search engines.
You're probably right that it's not in our papers and certainly not the BBC, but that's the point isn't it ?
Surely that's the point of the whole thread ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The thread is about the BBC not reporting. Roy Twing specifically mentioned something that the BBC had ignored. My point is that the BBC was not alone in ignoring it, the UK newspapers weren't bothered with it anyway.
And of course The Local reported it, it was the French edition, but not this weekends protests which RoyTwing referred to. Did The Local editions in other countries mention it? Spanish, German, Italian didn't.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Don't know , but as I said there's loads of reports world wide on current protests in France, but not here.
As you say this is about stuff which the BBC dont report and I'd say this qualifies - I could speculate why.
Okay, you're pointing out that newspapers aren't reporting it either and I'll take your word for it cause I rarely read them, but that's another thing and if it's accurate it doesn't absolve the BBC who, unlike privately owned papers , have a statutory duty to INFORM the public under their Charter.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Just be driving home and listening to the BBC One O Clock giving about 15 minutes to a report on the "current protests in France".
Perhaps you need new batteries?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Just be driving home and listening to the BBC One O Clock giving about 15 minutes to a report on the "current protests in France".

That was only after Lord Hall read this thread.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I was going to say that !

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:Just be driving home and listening to the BBC One O Clock giving about 15 minutes to a report on the "current protests in France".

The BBC does have a tendency to make a report well after the event has happened just to prove it has been reported.

Some people are aware of this so they keep an eye on how often they do it.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

m4rkb wrote:

The BBC does have a tendency to make a report well after the event has happened just to prove it has been reported.

FFS
It was recorded during Saturday
Desperate stuff
BTW if you think this is anti EU a commentator pointed out that everything the YJs wanted is controlled by the French government
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:Don't know , but as I said there's loads of reports world wide on current protests in France, but not here.
As you say this is about stuff which the BBC dont report and I'd say this qualifies - I could speculate why.
Okay, you're pointing out that newspapers aren't reporting it either and I'll take your word for it cause I rarely read them, but that's another thing and if it's accurate it doesn't absolve the BBC who, unlike privately owned papers , have a statutory duty to INFORM the public under their Charter.

When a “yellow vest protest” becomes a weekly affair it ceases to become “news”, who’d have thought “Russia today” would keep reporting it, do you think they do it because they are impartial and want people to see the “truth” or because it makes it look like things could be worse for them?
Brilliantly Honest

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Don't know , but as I said there's loads of reports world wide on current protests in France, but not here.

When a “yellow vest protest” becomes a weekly affair it ceases to become “news”.

Have to disagree Warmo. Manchester City keep winning week in week out, but the BBC keep reporting it.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

When a “yellow vest protest” becomes a weekly affair it ceases to become “news”.

Have to disagree Warmo. Manchester City keep winning week in week out, but the BBC keep reporting it.

Remainers keep getting airtime (much more more than Brexiteers), despite losing the referendum. And they keep repeating the same old bullshit!
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Can't find this on the BBC yet, but I'm sure they'll have it soon.

Take joy in the world the left have built for us.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l-row.html

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

FFS
Desperate stuff
BTW if you think this is anti EU a commentator pointed out that everything the YJs wanted is controlled by the French government

I was commenting about the BBC in general not this specific story in which case the BBC do have a tendency to either bury a story amongst other trivia or eventually report it when people have noticed the BBC hasn't. Some cleverclogs can then shout 'look here it is. The BBC did report it'.

The Beeb aren't the only guilty party in this story though. All the major networks have almost totally ignored it.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

FFS
Desperate stuff

I was commenting about the BBC in general not this specific story in which case the BBC do have a tendency to either bury a story amongst other trivia or eventually report it when people have noticed the BBC hasn't. Some cleverclogs can then shout 'look here it is. The BBC did report it'.

The Beeb aren't the only guilty party in this story though. All the major networks have almost totally ignored it.

True enough, but all the rest are allowed to if they choose, - the BBC isn't (or shouldn't be) which, as you of course know, is the point of this and similar threads.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:

When a “yellow vest protest” becomes a weekly affair it ceases to become “news”, who’d have thought “Russia today” would keep reporting it, do you think they do it because they are impartial and want people to see the “truth” or because it makes it look like things could be worse for them?

I don't know what's in the mind of any broadcaster, although I'm sure you're right that RT have an agenda. I keep saying that you've got to apply cynicism to any source, especially
politically controlled ones like RT and the BBC, but it's harder to See through it if the strategy is simply to surpress the story.
A lot of people don't look too deeply into these things and trust government sources such as the BBC and public education system to tell the truth. That's not unreasonable because they really should be able to trust them since they fund them , but they've been stolen .
All sorts of stuff they're trying to sell, such as climate change , project fear and how lucky we are to have the NHS , is on practically every bulletin but they've all been going on a lot longer than the yellow vest protests.