Death Penalty for Terrorists

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Death Penalty for Terrorists

Post by Zambo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:They would just become Martyrs for others, a stupid idea.

+1

Much as I like the sentiment of the death penalty I feel this is the correct answer.

I don't.

Personally, I'd execute all of them & film it.

Then send a video of each execution to ISIS.

We need to adopt a tougher stance with these animals.

Putin executed a load of them and then buried them in pig skins (apparently this stops them going to heaven and hooking up with 72 virgins). He filmed the executions & burials and sent it to ISIS. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Fight fire with fire.

Yep, that just about sums up my feelings on the situation also.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

mmmm.... A couple decent points made there to be frank which is making me reconsider.

The Russian example is a good one. During the height of Islamic terrorism in the 70's the Russians made it plain to those who were targetting the west that if they tried it with Russia they would last five minutes and would be dealing with the most brutally disproportionate reaction imaginable. They Didn't try.

Then there is another tale I vaguely remember , which I'm sure I have mentioned on here when I could actually remember it. It went something along the lines of Islamists kidnap top Russian official and make demands. If demands are not met they will start chopping limbs off etc. The Russians knowing who was behind it went out and kidnapped one of the relatives of the terrorists , cut his ear off , sent it to them and said if their agent wasn't released immediately the next parcel will contain a head. He was released immediately with no further problem.

Now compare this to the do-gooding approach of the west, where we are told we must never stoop 'their level' or we make ourselves no better. Well we could have said that in 1940 and told the Germans no matter how many cities of ours you destroy with your bombs will will not sink to your level by destroying yours. Doesn't sound quite so effective a remedy does it. Perhaps the Japs could tell us what made them throw the towel in so quickly.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Of course if Hitler were performing today they'd be telling us that we have to put up with it because most Germans aren't Nazis .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Steve Hunt wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:They would just become Martyrs for others, a stupid idea.

+1

Much as I like the sentiment of the death penalty I feel this is the correct answer.

I don't.

Personally, I'd execute all of them & film it.

Then send a video of each execution to ISIS.

We need to adopt a tougher stance with these animals.

Putin executed a load of them and then buried them in pig skins (apparently this stops them going to heaven and hooking up with 72 virgins). He filmed the executions & burials and sent it to ISIS. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Fight fire with fire.

https://newspunch.com/ted-nugent-islamic-terrorist/
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

These people don't care if they die,give them their wish.
Much cheaper .
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Royal24s wrote:Of course if Hitler were performing today they'd be telling us that we have to put up with it because most Germans aren't Nazis .

It depends which lessons in life you think are the best to learn from.

God gave me a cynical brain for added protection.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

m4rkb wrote:[...]The Russian example is a good one. During the height of Islamic terrorism in the 70's the Russians made it plain to those who were targetting the west that if they tried it with Russia they would last five minutes and would be dealing with the most brutally disproportionate reaction imaginable.

Then there is another tale I vaguely remember , which I'm sure I have mentioned on here when I could actually remember it. It went something along the lines of Islamists kidnap top Russian official and make demands. If demands are not met they will start chopping limbs off etc. The Russians knowing who was behind it went out and kidnapped one of the relatives of the terrorists , cut his ear off , sent it to them and said if their agent wasn't released immediately the next parcel will contain a head. He was released immediately with no further problem.[...]

There are myriad versions:

Russian special forces good, like any special forces.

Overarch a conscript army in foreign terrain and not good, See Nam and Afghanistan, not really relevant, but hey.

I refer all honourable gentlemen to the reply given to Royals for my views: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p ... 4#p1355824
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?