Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

Post by Royal24s »

Must be Boris
Last edited by Royal24s on Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Consevative Leadership Contest

Post by Steve Hunt »

Royal24s wrote:Must be Boris

The Establishment will ensure he doesn't make it to final two.
Expect a few lurid stories about his love life to be all over the front pages in the next few weeks.

It will be some Remainer sap who gets the gig.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:

The Establishment will ensure he doesn't make it to final two.
Expect a few lurid stories about his love life to be all over the front pages in the next few weeks.

It will be some Remainer sap who gets the gig.

I think that'll be the end of the tory party if that is the outcome.
I think as you say, that the establishment will do its damndest to stop Johnson, but surely it knows that the tories must have a leader that at least appears to be a brexiter at this point?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

birdie

Post by birdie »

Flipping 'eck mate, aint we in enough mess without him?

She inherited a poisoned chalice which kept on being refilled by the even more poisonous who all wanted a sip, well, good luck to whoever gets to hold it, but be aware, it isn't only the chalice which is poisonous, it's also the EU panajamdrams who were determined that the UK would never leave their clutches, so I will not delight in her going, neither will I congratulate her successor, whoever it is. you've plotted and schemed, but by heck, the fruits of your labour will, indeed, be bitter.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well I disagree profoundly and I have some past knowledge of her. She's duplicitous , self centred and spiteful. She's succeeded in the past with crafty schemes and agendas but in this final one in which she tried to force through a Brexit deal which didn't really involve leaving, she failed .
I don't care who takes over except for one single thing. I want to see a prime minister who will force through what the people voted for , and the most likely one to do that is BoJo or Dominic Raab.

After that we need a General Election because the British people deserve an opportunity to reward all the MPs who've tried to thwart democracy with new careers.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Royal24s wrote:Well I disagree profoundly and I have some past knowledge of her. She's duplicitous , self centred and spiteful. She's succeeded in the past with crafty schemes and agendas but in this final one in which she tried to force through a Brexit deal which didn't really involve leaving, she failed .
I don't care who takes over except for one single thing. I want to see a prime minister who will force through what the people voted for , and the most likely one to do that is BoJo or Dominic Raab.

After that we need a General Election because the British people deserve an opportunity to reward all the MPs who've tried to thwart democracy with new careers.

Brother Royals.....there are approx 63 million of us living in this here United Kingdom.

Of which 17.4 million voted to Leave.

Not many more that the amount which voted to Remain.

Please bear that fact in mind before making ludicrous statements about what “the people voted for”.

Try saying “what some of the people voted for”.

Thank you.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Royal24s wrote: I don't care who takes over except for one single thing. I want to see a prime minister who will force through what the people voted for .

The numbers in Parliament remain the same, so i wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote: Of which 17.4 million voted to Leave.

About 1.3m more, Pet.

That's quire a few Goodison Parks, mate

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Petingo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Well I disagree profoundly and I have some past knowledge of her. She's duplicitous , self centred and spiteful. She's succeeded in the past with crafty schemes and agendas but in this final one in which she tried to force through a Brexit deal which didn't really involve leaving, she failed .

Brother Royals.....there are approx 63 million of us living in this here United Kingdom.

Please bear that fact in mind before making ludicrous statements about what “the people voted for”.

Thank you.

What the majority voted for you mean.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Petingo wrote:

Thank you.

No no no. That's ridiculous
The majority win and that's the case in any vote . It's decided on that and otherwise we'd never ever form a government unless they got a unanimous vote .

I can't really understand how you can seriously make that argument . Can't you see that if we applied that generally nothing would ever be possible to decide

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

It's baffling how many working class people view Johnson as "one of us" and are more than happy to overlook the fact he's a racist old Eton toff identical to all the others, just because of his hair, clumsy physicality and teddy bear name.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote: Of which 17.4 million voted to Leave.

About 1.3m more, Pet.

That's quire a few Goodison Parks, mate

Yes, but wait until we get our brand spanking new stadium by the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Jon Gout wrote:It's baffling how many working class people view Johnson as "one of us" and are more than happy to overlook the fact he's a racist old Eton toff identical to all the others, just because of his hair, clumsy physicality and teddy bear name.

Indeed.

Remember that picture of the Eton “Bullingham Boys” which featured among others Johnson, Cameron and Osborne which was smugness, privilege and entitlement all parcelled up and encapsulated in one snapshot....

It is the Anglo Saxon serf mentality......touching the forelock to their Norman betters since 1066 :)

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Why?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Caps it off.
The reward for years of sheer incompetence and career cynicism. Even a year after the vote Johnson did not know the details of the Leave case.
As a Tory MP said a few days ago "you don't fix chaos with more chaos"
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you