Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Jon Gout

Re: Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

Post by Jon Gout »

Zambo wrote:What was also a disgrace, was that she had no intention of admitting that she was a cunt to do it, she even said afterwards, and is still doing so, that it wasn't a mistake and it was a fantasy of hers.

If jim Davidson had said that about, let's say Harriet Harman, the left would have been spitting Roman candles.

It's the hypocrisy and double standards which are extremely annoying.

Would you have been upset about Jim Davidson saying it about Harriet Harman?

Why does it have to be a case of left vs right? Why can't you be upset about a comment based on the comment itself and the intention, rather than having to view everything as a binary?

I suppose it's not her joke you found disgraceful, but that you want comedians you like to be able to freely say that about people.
Last edited by Jon Gout on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I like Rory Stewart

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Desolation wrote:Hehehehe...ramping up now with Bojo at the helm of the good ship No Deal. Deffo nailed on! Bring it!

Judging by some of the posts from the left on here over the last few days, there is some serious twitching going on :D

Some on the other side still seem to be very upset about a joke that a 61 year old woman made. :wink: Have you gone away and addressed your life yet?

Yeah, I got upset about it. Not because who said it and who she wanted the victim to be, that would have been the case whoever it was. Acid attacks can kill, maim and ruin the lives of a victim. It was a disgrace.

What was also a disgrace, was that she had no intention of admitting that she was a cunt to do it, she even said afterwards, and is still doing so, that it wasn't a mistake and it was a fantasy of hers.

If jim Davidson had said that about, let's say Harriet Harman, the left would have been spitting Roman candles.

Are there any instances since she made the joke of someone throwing acid on someone then? Please let us know, perhaps you have links from the DM as they seem to have remarkable insights where the rest of us don’t.

If you don’t, then your hysteria to what was said is complete out of proportion and again because you have nothing of any worth to add, you talk shite by bringing in Harriet Harman in and have the brass neck to talk about hypocrisy and double standards.

Do you actually know how to debate like an adult?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jon Gout wrote:
Zambo wrote:What was also a disgrace, was that she had no intention of admitting that she was a cunt to do it, she even said afterwards, and is still doing so, that it wasn't a mistake and it was a fantasy of hers.

Of course, otherwise that would make me a hypocrite and operating to double standards

Why does it have to be a case of left vs right? Why can't you be upset about a comment based on the comment itself and the intention, rather than having to view everything as a binary?

It's not a left v right thing, but this was said by someone from the left. If it had been the other way around, there would have been exactly the same response. However, you won't find any right wing comedians. They have all been hounded off by the racist card players

I suppose it's not her joke you found disgraceful, but that you want comedians you like to be able to freely say that about people.

I've no idea on what basis you have made that statement. For a start, there are no current comedians that I like, although Harry Hill was good last week, and I would condemn anyone, not just comedians for saying shit like that. I found what she said disgraceful, mainly because from what she said afterwards, and is still saying, it wasn't actually a joke
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote:I like Rory Stewart

Yup, got his head screwed on, hopefully he’ll continue to represent the voice of moderates moving forward.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Must be awful to never laugh.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Yeah Boris, we want to trade with the World, just not those EU people.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:
Jon Gout wrote:

Of course, otherwise that would make me a hypocrite and operating to double standards

It's not a left v right thing, but this was said by someone from the left. If it had been the other way around, there would have been exactly the same response. However, you won't find any right wing comedians. They have all been hounded off by the racist card players

I've no idea on what basis you have made that statement. For a start, there are no current comedians that I like, although Harry Hill was good last week, and I would condemn anyone, not just comedians for saying shit like that. I found what she said disgraceful, mainly because from what she said afterwards, and is still saying, it wasn't actually a joke

Your lingering anger and resentment of a joke made several days ago which is actually now dying a death in the media as Brand will not be subject to a police investigation is quite irrational. Why don’t you make a citizens arrest?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote:Your lingering anger and resentment of a joke made several days ago which is actually now dying a death in the media as Brand will not be subject to a police investigation is quite irrational. Why don’t you make a citizens arrest?

When Nigel says he wouldn't like Romanians as neighbours he was just saying it like it is. Although Arron would probably be renting out the houses next to Nigel as well.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Controlled no deal - I assume that means May's deal sold as Boris slapping the EU about.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

I hope Boris gets the job, as it will be the end of the Tories.
Godwin's law

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

ToRmAtO wrote:I hope Boris gets the job, as it will be the end of the Tories.

It's the end of the Tories whoever is voted the leader. Look at the candidates and tell me who will save them. The can which has been repeatedly kicked down the road is not even fit for recycling.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Matt Hancock and Rory Stewart could have done the job. They’re too moderate though so yup, the party’s just dying on it’s feet. No sympathy.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I seriously don't know why we'd care if either or both political parties folded.
They've had their time and neither one of them believes in the stuff they claim to or which they might have done at one time
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Lib Dems in charge is a scary thought though with Chuka as PM.