Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Mexit : Consevative Leadership Contest

Post by Royal24s »

I doubt whether they could create a worse shit hole than their predecessors or make more of a mockery of government.
If we've learned anything at all from BREXIT , it's that democracy is a load of old bollocks and that our politicians don't believe in any of it.
They're irrelevant now really and I suppose some other form of government is needed. Maybe a military coup ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

ToRmAtO wrote:I hope Boris gets the job, as it will be the end of the Tories.

Given he's the firm favourite video of him punching puppies will surface.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Tim Martin’s forbidding Bozza from negotiating Brexit with Brussels. These are the cunts that are surrounding themselves around him.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... martin/amp

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Royal24s wrote:I doubt whether they could create a worse shit hole than their predecessors or make more of a mockery of government.
If we've learned anything at all from BREXIT , it's that democracy is a load of old bollocks and that our politicians don't believe in any of it.
They're irrelevant now really and I suppose some other form of government is needed. Maybe a military coup ?

It seems like our two major parties have collided head first into the modern world. Nowadays everything a politician says is pretty much recorded in some form or other. And getting hold of it has never been easier with everyone having smartphones on them. So if one of them lies or says something that contradicts a previous view they held, they’re going to get found out.

I think I’d stop short of a military coup though. But I’ve a feeling old style politics, saying any old nonsense and hoping no one notices, is well and truly over.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Just seen Hunt being interviewed on the news wearing a Union flag badge. Has he come over to the other side, or is it just a cunning plan. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I can't believe he'll dodge every panel interview?

I watched the C4 debate and these are my observations:

1. Rabb was awful. His suggestion he'd suspend Parliament not only drew fire from the other panellists it also wasn't well received by the audience.
2. Gove was the most polished.
3. Hunt looks like a strong contender - I think he could John Major it.
4. For all the talk of people wanting a hard Brexit Stewart seemed to have the most support in the room and received applause when he pointed out that the others said they wanted a deal, but didn't actually know what it would look like.
5. Javid was bland.
6. Gove had the best line 'full stop on the back stop'

Judging by that show I think Gove and Hunt are good bets.

I wonder if we'll see Boris crash and burn - not turning up was weak.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Ridiculing Johnson, is really just what he wants, and there has been an awful lot of ridiculing. Moreover, the five dummies standing there trying to get one up on each other did them more harm than good imo. There were a couple of comedy moments I believe, one when Gove claimed that Corbyn would be terrified of facing him in the Commons, and at the end of the day there was no clear winner, apart from Johnson that is, and he didn't have to turn up and have to get involved in a row about Brexit.

He'll be there tomorrow when it counts more.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:He'll be there tomorrow when it counts more.

And there are no cameras.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Boris won’t be able to bottle out of debates during a General Election campaign consequence free. That’s what I’d be concerned about if I were a Tory supporter.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:Boris won’t be able to bottle out of debates during a General Election campaign consequence free. That’s what I’d be concerned about if I were a Tory supporter.

Matt Hancock ....

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I don't Know why they're even having public debates when the public aren't voting on it

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Vespa wrote:
Ralph wrote:Boris won’t be able to bottle out of debates during a General Election campaign consequence free. That’s what I’d be concerned about if I were a Tory supporter.

Matt Hancock ....

What a principle free lightweight.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah but who could stand up in the centre ring with that giant of a man Jeremy Corbyn ?
It's just an impossible task isn't it ?
Yeah I think you can be confident that there'll be a new golden age of loony leftism sweeping the nation very soon .

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Theresa May avoided head to head debates with Corbyn in the 2017 General Election campaign (sent Amber Rudd in her place if memory serves) & frittered away a 20 point lead.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:What a principle free lightweight.
The cynic in my thinks he's gotten in a room with Boris who has told him his real plan and Matt is like 'oh, that doesn't seem too bad'

Gauke is Lord Chancellor and Tory MP.