UPDATED :Another State Medical Ghoul Caged.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: UPDATED :Another State Medical Ghoul Caged.

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:The NHS is one of the great pluses of being a British citizen.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the package then.
I'm surprised that you consider yourself British rather than European, or are you just speaking objectively ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The NHS is one of the great pluses of being a British citizen.

I'm surprised that you consider yourself British rather than European, or are you just speaking objectively ?

The biggest 'plus' of being a british citizen/subject was, according to many of my business contacts/colleagues/friends from other countries (going back a while now of course), used to be the stability of our society at all levels, - politically, financially & socially - the UK was considered a stable & safe place to be, and to do business with.
We all will have our theories as to why, but few would disagree that we are no longer that 'safe' place.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Roy Twing wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

The biggest 'plus' of being a british citizen/subject was, according to many of my business contacts/colleagues/friends from other countries (going back a while now of course), used to be the stability of our society at all levels, - politically, financially & socially - the UK was considered a stable & safe place to be, and to do business with.
We all will have our theories as to why, but few would disagree that we are no longer that 'safe' place.

I, for one, would disagree that we are not in a safe place.
I don't feel any more at threat now than in any other time of my life and I don't know anyone else who feels differently to that.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

I don't feel any more at threat now than in any other time of my life and I don't know anyone else who feels differently to that.

I wasn't referring solely to physical safety if that's what you meant (although there can be little doubt that the country is far more violent than a generation or two ago).
I meant that the country used to be a stable place to visit and do business and invest, - we also felt part of single country with a single identity back then.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Really, do you not feel threatened by cybercrime, stabbings, increased number of drivers who drive without insurance, reduced police numbers, increased austerity, rise in anti immigrant attacks or is it because you live in a prosperous suburb that you don't think there's any threat to the rest to the rest of us?