State Broadcaster calls for Acid attacks on political opponents

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: State Broadcaster calls for Acid attacks on political opponents

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote:You know very well that the concept of a representative democracy, which is perfectly legitimate, doesn't extend to blocking the outcomes of elections or Referrendums .

Perhaps you missed the point. Which is that referendums do not figure in our form of democracy

They may vote as they please upon matters which come before the house in the normal course of business , without having to reflect the views of voters, but once they have sought directions from the electorate upon a specific matter , they are bound to act upon it.

This is straightforward and very clear . Anything else is cheating.

It would help you a lot to listen to this year's Reith Lectures from Jonathon Sumption, and especially the last one which explains really well why the referendum was bad way to solve the problem.And why we have had all the trouble since.

Doubt you will mind. Don't want learned opinion interfering do we?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Good try but fail.
I don't see any hard left people here and I don't see any threats of any kind.
You simply can't cope with people rejecting your opinions which you think they should treat as fact.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:You know very well that the concept of a representative democracy, which is perfectly legitimate, doesn't extend to blocking the outcomes of elections or Referrendums .

Perhaps you missed the point. Which is that referendums do not figure in our form of democracy

They may vote as they please upon matters which come before the house in the normal course of business , without having to reflect the views of voters, but once they have sought directions from the electorate upon a specific matter , they are bound to act upon it.

This is straightforward and very clear . Anything else is cheating.

It would help you a lot to listen to this year's Reith Lectures from Jonathon Sumption, and especially the last one which explains really well why the referendum was bad way to solve the problem.And why we have had all the trouble since.

Doubt you will mind. Don't want learned opinion interfering do we?

Well, much as I think he's a clever enough chap , ( although I prefer Druon's view of the 100 years war), he is expressing a political view rather than a legal or historical one, so I'm not sure that we can ascribe "learned" as a description of the opinion.
Odd person for you to quote really though, since I'd have thought you were pretty much on the opposite side to most of his thinking.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Oh dear, the silly fat cow's suffering. What a shame. :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -joke.html
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote:Jim tells it how it is:

Then retells it:

No one should doubt he's fearless in his speech and his comedy:

So is Davidson saying that part of his comedy act is taking the piss out of the disabled?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Oh dear, the silly fat cow's suffering. What a shame. :D

Don't think she is. She's apologised to defuse the situation but doesn't think what she said was a mistake.
But the DM never miss a chance to have a pop at the BBC, so it's in their interests to drag out this story.
And what does the value of her home have anything to do with this story (gratuitously mentioned in the bullet points at the top)?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:

Don't think she is. She's apologised to defuse the situation but doesn't think what she said was a mistake.
But the DM never miss a chance to have a pop at the BBC, so it's in their interests to drag out this story.
And what does the value of her home have anything to do with this story (gratuitously mentioned in the bullet points at the top)?

No idea, I didn't read the content of the article, I just saw she pulled out of an event, and I'm hoping she pulls out of a lot more. I'm not interested either, what the DM have a pop at. However, she does deserve to have the story dragged out.

The defenders of this vile bitch are as bad as she is. How anyone could possibly think, knowing what acid can do to the human body, it was ok to say what she did is just shocking.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

No idea, I didn't read the content of the article, I just saw she pulled out of an event, and I'm hoping she pulls out of a lot more. I'm not interested either, what the DM have a pop at. However, she does deserve to have the story dragged out.

The defenders of this vile bitch are as bad as she is. How anyone could possibly think, knowing what acid can do to the human body, it was ok to say what she did is just shocking.

But what you, and others, are failing to understand, it's comedy, and therefor nothing for anyone to be offended by, (tongue in cheek there Zambo), as for her saying that the BBC don't employ her so can't sack her, I stand to be corrected, but wasn't that the same position with Baker? Most of the contributors to programmes like Baker's and what she was on are contracted, not directly employed by the BBC, but they got shot of Baker pretty darned quick.

It seems that some people think that they can say anything, and publish anything, (remember Charlie Hebdo?) under the guise of comedy, satire and art and think they no one will take offense.
Last edited by birdie on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote:So is Davidson saying that part of his comedy act is taking the piss out of the disabled?

He just didn't want to look at them in the face when he did it.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:The defenders of this vile bitch are as bad as she is. How anyone could possibly think, knowing what acid can do to the human body, it was ok to say what she did is just shocking.

"this vile bitch".
Come on, Zambo, you're better than that. Don't sink to typical Daily Mail reader levels, please.
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote:
birdie wrote:So is Davidson saying that part of his comedy act is taking the piss out of the disabled?

Looks a little like cowardice, I'll take the piss out of you as long as I can't see you.

Just shows that he doesn't have the ability or intelligence to change his act at the last minute, I wouldn't mind betting that the likes of Dave Allen or Bob Monkhouse could have done so.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote:
Vespa wrote:

Looks a little like cowardice, I'll take the piss out of you as long as I can't see you.

Just shows that he doesn't have the ability or intelligence to change his act at the last minute, I wouldn't mind betting that the likes of Dave Allen or Bob Monkhouse could have done so.

Very odd behaviour.

Going to watch Jim Davison, not him being a coward.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: But what you, and others, are failing to understand, it's comedy, and therefor nothing for anyone to be offended by[..]

What I find hypocritical here is that Nige (and others) are claiming Brand is inciting political violence.

But, when it's pointed out that Farage and his other employees are using messaging that direct hate and real violence towards BAME, gay people, asylum seekers and even faking an illegal channel crossing - those critics are snowflake lefties.

Farage has been a racing baiting hate monger for over 20 years.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

birdie wrote:
Vespa wrote:

Don't know about that, - I doubt dave allen would much fancy a front row full of vengeful catholic bishops.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Vespa wrote:
birdie wrote: But what you, and others, are failing to understand, it's comedy, and therefor nothing for anyone to be offended by[..]

What I find hypocritical here is that Nige (and others) are claiming Brand is inciting political violence.

But, when it's pointed out that Farage and his other employees are using messaging that direct hate and real violence towards BAME, gay people, asylum seekers and even faking an illegal channel crossing - those critics are snowflake lefties.

Farage has been a racing baiting hate monger for over 20 years.

How has farage ever directly incited violence toward any group?

BTW, I don't think that Brand actually did so either, but she came damn close.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE