Gender Stereotype Ban on advertising

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Gender Stereotype Ban on advertising

Post by Royal24s »

L
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48628678

We know what this is all about,to encourage all sorts of socially destructive nonsense and cause resentments between men and women, but will it go the other way too ?

That is to say, will it in any way impede the ability of advertisers to depict all white males as dribbling idiots ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Shedboy

Re: Gender Stereotype Ban on advertising

Post by Shedboy »

I hope they now ban all the sexist Coke / Diet Coke ads where they show men with rippling muscles and six-packs being lusted after by women.

I am offended by the insinuation that my jelly belly and man boobs make me unattractive to women.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Top stuff.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote:L
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48628678

We know what this is all about,to encourage all sorts of socially destructive nonsense and cause resentments between men and women, but will it go the other way too ?

That is to say, will it in any way impede the ability of advertisers to depict all white males as dribbling idiots ?

Social engineering, pure and simple.
But at least the authority is up front about its deliberate manipulation, unlike racial diversity in ads.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

People that are easily offended are like magnets to what offends them.
Godwin's law

The End

Post by The End »

The world has gone completely mad. Or madder. If anyone is offended by an advert, they need locking up.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

This isn't 1975, most people can fast forward during ads, or if not, go make a cup of tea.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

There was a whole programme on R4 this afternoon in which 25 year old tossers expressed their utter horror about stuff like the old oxo advert where they portrayed a married couple who were different sexes and she cooked his tea when he came in from work !

We really have departed from both tolerance and sanity now haven't we ?

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Royal24s wrote:There was a whole programme on R4 this afternoon in which 25 year old tossers expressed their utter horror about stuff like the old oxo advert where they portrayed a married couple who were different sexes and she cooked his tea when he came in from work !

Have to say, I hate any of those talking heads type programs whoever's on will talk about how they remember whatever the subject is, when it's quite blatant the case they've only watched the supplied clip five minutes before filming.

On a more positive note royals, I'm sure those Oxo ads have been consistently voted the best ads of all time!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

beingsoblase wrote:
Royal24s wrote:There was a whole programme on R4 this afternoon in which 25 year old tossers expressed their utter horror about stuff like the old oxo advert where they portrayed a married couple who were different sexes and she cooked his tea when he came in from work !

Have to say, I hate any of those talking heads type programs whoever's on will talk about how they remember whatever the subject is, when it's quite blatant the case they've only watched the supplied clip five minutes before filming.

On a more positive note royals, I'm sure those Oxo ads have been consistently voted the best ads of all time!

They'll probably be banned completely in a few years by those of the same mindset as those talking heads who now find everything from the 70s & 80s to be intolerably disgusting.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Quite right beingsoblase and Roy!

It irritates me intensely when these tossers act as if they remember the Kennedy assassination or something when they obviously don't or talk about Alexander the Great as if he was a mate if theirs so they know exactly what he intended or hoped to do.

When I see them pull faces or sigh about something like a joke ,advert or soap opera I want to slap them

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

My favourite Oxo ad was when Oxo dad twatted Ritchie while he was minding the shop because he didn't get his paper delivered!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I don't remember that one.
Mind you ,it was nice when adverts made you smile