Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

Post by Zambo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-comments

Those with problems including dementia, autism and anxiety disorders triggered by travel or parking difficulties will be able to apply to councils for a badge.

So, you go to the doc and say, I couldn't get a parking space the other day so I had to walk a couple of hundred yards to the bookies. I got stressed about that, I need a blue badge. Yeah, that's OK old son I'll sign your application form.

This latest shit will of course not get abused will it!? And btw, when did having anxiety stop you walking.

Is there no end to this PC bollocks
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

paolo

Re: Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

Post by paolo »

Get out whilst you can

A fellow patriot just spent s month back in blights after seven years

The findings were horrendous
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Are you suggesting that someone can pretend to be autistic or have dementia to get a blue badge or that as I suspect you’re suggesting it can be abused? The abuse would need to stamped out but to stop the scheme from being revised for the modern day by calling it bollocks isn’t helpful.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Let's play down mental health, fuck those guys.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

paolo wrote:Get out whilst you can

Nah, it’s all good in this country. Never been better. Looking forward to Bozza getting in too. You should come back old friend.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-comments

Those with problems including dementia, autism and anxiety disorders triggered by travel or parking difficulties will be able to apply to councils for a badge.

So, you go to the doc and say, I couldn't get a parking space the other day so I had to walk a couple of hundred yards to the bookies. I got stressed about that, I need a blue badge. Yeah, that's OK old son I'll sign your application form.

This latest shit will of course not get abused will it!? And btw, when did having anxiety stop you walking.

Is there no end to this PC bollocks

Did you read the article?

‘It’s clear that people with hidden and non-physical disabilities need badges. But confidence in the Blue Badge scheme is undermined by the fact that only a minority of councils take action against misuse.’

The move was welcomed by mental health charities and the AA, but critics warned it could lead to a shortage of parking spaces for other drivers.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote:Let's play down mental health, fuck those guys.

I think you miss the point. There shouldn't be any dispute about providing close parking for those in genuine need. However, we already have a scheme which is abused, and with little or no enforcement of the fuckwits who do that.

This is just an invitation for a lot more abuse of it.

People will be entitled to a badge if they are anxious because er, they can't get a parking space next door to where they want to go. Give me a fucking break.

How will that be handled, and who is going to evaluate it. For Londoners will it be a grovelling tweet to Sadiq Khan? :rolleyes:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:

I think you miss the point. There shouldn't be any dispute about providing close parking for those in genuine need. However, we already have a scheme which is abused, and with little or no enforcement of the fuckwits who do that.

People will be entitled to a badge if they are anxious because er, they can't get a parking space next door to where they want to go. Give me a fucking break.

How will that be handled, and who is going to evaluate it. For Londoners will it be a grovelling tweet to Sadiq Khan? :rolleyes:

What would you class as “genuine need”? You made quite an assumption when you said “People will be entitled to a badge if they are anxious because er, they can't get a parking space next door to where they want to go.” Do you have anything to back this up? I suppose you’re once again going to post an article from that aimed for penniless thickos.

Again, you throw in a name of someone the angry gammons detest to make a weak point.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:Get out whilst you can

Nah, it’s all good in this country. Never been better. Looking forward to Bozza getting in too. You should come back old friend.

The politics is a joke

Boris is a joke

Crime is a joke

How quickly could s place become so fucked

We’re intent on self destruction
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:

Your point seems to be that anxiety disorders are so easy to simulate that doctors will be easily fooled. How do you diagnosis an anxiety disorder?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Your point seems to be that anxiety disorders are so easy to simulate that doctors will be easily fooled. How do you diagnosis an anxiety disorder?

No that's not a point at all, because I haven't seen how someone who says they are anxious will get a badge. What I will say on that though, is that it's pretty easy to fool a clinician on unseen conditions sometimes.

My point is, that they are going to give badges to people who get stressed, because they can't get a parking space as close to where they want to go as they would like. That will open the floodgates to incredible abuse.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Zambo wrote:

No that's not a point at all, because I haven't seen how someone who says they are anxious will get a badge. What I will say on that though, is that it's pretty easy to fool a clinician on unseen conditions sometimes.

My point is, that they are going to give badges to people who get stressed, because they can't get a parking space as close to where they want to go as they would like. That will open the floodgates to incredible abuse.

Seems to me that you a) don't know how they allocate these badges and b) have no idea how they diagnosis the disability to even be eligible for one

But thanks for your opinion.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

The Daily Mail really does have a lot to answer for when it comes to making people paranoid, worst case scenario fantasists.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Jon Gout wrote:The Daily Mail really does have a lot to answer for when it comes to making people paranoid, worst case scenario fantasists.

Bashing mentally disabled people is an easy target. Shameful.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Zambo wrote:

How can someone fool a clinician about dementia or autism? :? Have you any instances where this has happened? Why would someone go to the trouble of pretending they had autism, make so many trips to the hospital to go through investigation when at the time they had no blue badge and go through a lottery and run the risk of being done for fraud?

Also what floodgates would be opened to abuse? Do you actual know what autism and dementia are?