Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Petingo

Re: Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-comments

Those with problems including dementia, autism and anxiety disorders triggered by travel or parking difficulties will be able to apply to councils for a badge.

So, you go to the doc and say, I couldn't get a parking space the other day so I had to walk a couple of hundred yards to the bookies. I got stressed about that, I need a blue badge. Yeah, that's OK old son I'll sign your application form.

This latest shit will of course not get abused will it!? And btw, when did having anxiety stop you walking.

Is there no end to this PC bollocks

It ain’t that simple, Zam.

You don’t just walk in, pick up a form and have yer GP rubber stamp it.

One has to qualify for rhe mobility component of the DLA in order to touch for a Blue Badge.

And there are very rigorous criteria needed to qualify.

Sorry to srymie your rant :P

But this far from “PC bollocks”....this us about a compassionate society looking after its most vulnerable brethern.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Royal24s wrote:Pretty much anyone can get a blue badge by asking their GP.
Personally I avoid going to places where they give a fuck about parking. Fortunately places still exist where there aren't uniformed parking goons everywhere but over regulation is spreading fast.

No they can’t, Brother.

See my response to the Zamster above.

Try thinking about things before making a fool of yourself by posting erroneous, ignorant tripe.

Thank you :D
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

All we ill see when this scheme comes in, is genuinely handicapped people not being able to get a blue badge space, because those with relatively minor problems in comparison are occupying them. And yes it happens today, but this will create an explosion.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Jon Gout wrote:The Daily Mail really does have a lot to answer for when it comes to making people paranoid, worst case scenario fantasists.

:lol:

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Vespa wrote:Let's play down mental health, fuck those guys.

I think you miss the point. There shouldn't be any dispute about providing close parking for those in genuine need. However, we already have a scheme which is abused, and with little or no enforcement of the fuckwits who do that.

This is just an invitation for a lot more abuse of it.

People will be entitled to a badge if they are anxious because er, they can't get a parking space next door to where they want to go. Give me a fucking break.

How will that be handled, and who is going to evaluate it. For Londoners will it be a grovelling tweet to Sadiq Khan? :rolleyes:

What would you class as “genuine need”? You made quite an assumption when you said “People will be entitled to a badge if they are anxious because er, they can't get a parking space next door to where they want to go.” Do you have anything to back this up? I suppose you’re once again going to post an article from that aimed for penniless thickos.

Again, you throw in a name of someone the angry gammons detest to make a weak point.

Exactly. Just another daft DM clickbait article.
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:All we ill see when this scheme comes in, is genuinely handicapped people not being able to get a blue badge space, because those with relatively minor problems in comparison are occupying them. And yes it happens today, but this will create an explosion.

FFS Zam, wise up.

Go and look up the circumstances in which Blue Badges are issued.

There will be no “explosion” of Blue Badges under this new scheme :butthead:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:All we ill see when this scheme comes in, is genuinely handicapped people not being able to get a blue badge space, because those with relatively minor problems in comparison are occupying them. And yes it happens today, but this will create an explosion.

FFS Zam, wise up.

Go and look up the circumstances in which Blue Badges are issued.

There will be no “explosion” of Blue Badges under this new scheme :butthead:

Wait and see the fallout. There is suddenly going to be an awful lot of 'handicapped' people with invisible problems. You underestimate the number of shysters who will jump in on this one.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Personally and in all honesty...... I COULDN’T GIVE A TOSS WHO GETS BLUE BADGES!! !!

In fact, everyone else in the country got a Blue Badge and I didn’t, I really wouldn’t care. As I have absolutely no need for one at this moment in history (fortunately).

Those that need them will get them, those that a trying to fiddle the system will eventually get caught out.

It’s really not something to got all hot under the collar about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

There will soon be literally thousands of people fighting over each space outside Tesco. The physically disabled elderly will have to park two miles away and no doubt die of exhaustion struggling to make their way in, while the pathetic scrounging Loony Left will be walking just 10 metres inside to buy their avocados as they cackle about how easy it was to tell their GPs that they were anxious autistic queer dementia sufferers.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Jon Gout wrote:There will soon be literally thousands of people fighting over each space outside Tesco. The physically disabled elderly will have to park two miles away and no doubt die of exhaustion struggling to make their way in, while the pathetic scrounging Loony Left will be walking just 10 metres inside to buy their avocados as they cackle about how easy it was to tell their GPs that they were anxious autistic queer dementia sufferers.

At least they won’t be able to get to Tesco to buy battery acid there.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

This thread sums up modern Britain at it’s finest. :lol:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Petingo wrote:

Those with problems including dementia, autism and anxiety disorders triggered by travel or parking difficulties will be able to apply to councils for a badge.

So, you go to the doc and say, I couldn't get a parking space the other day so I had to walk a couple of hundred yards to the bookies. I got stressed about that, I need a blue badge. Yeah, that's OK old son I'll sign your application form.

This latest shit will of course not get abused will it!? And btw, when did having anxiety stop you walking.

One has to qualify for rhe mobility component of the DLA in order to touch for a Blue Badge.

But this far from “PC bollocks”....this us about a compassionate society looking after its most vulnerable brethern.

Careful now ol’ Pet, any suggestion that people should have to fill in forms to get a blue badge will get the hackles up of old birdie as she thinks that anyone filling a form for an over 75s free TV licence has to be subjected to interrogation from the Stasi.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

kancutlawns wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Careful now ol’ Pet, any suggestion that people should have to fill in forms to get a blue badge will get the hackles up of old birdie as she thinks that anyone filling a form for an over 75s free TV licence has to be subjected to interrogation from the Stasi.

:roll:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JudgeTedd wrote:Personally and in all honesty...... I COULDN’T GIVE A TOSS WHO GETS BLUE BADGES!! !!

In fact, everyone else in the country got a Blue Badge and I didn’t, I really wouldn’t care. As I have absolutely no need for one at this moment in history (fortunately).

Those that need them will get them, those that a trying to fiddle the system will eventually get caught out.

It’s really not something to got all hot under the collar about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Those who fiddle system wont be caught out. They aren't now, and they wont be when there thousands more with a blue badge.

Does anyone seriously think the incompetent wankers who run our councils will make a success of this scheme. It will be an unmitigated disaster, with those in real need fucked up the arse.