Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Jon Gout

Re: Roll up and get Your Blue Badge Here

Post by Jon Gout »

How do you know how many are fiddling the system if they're never caught?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

kancutlawns wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Pretty much anyone can get a blue badge by asking their GP.
Personally I avoid going to places where they give a fuck about parking. Fortunately places still exist where there aren't uniformed parking goons everywhere but over regulation is spreading fast.

On what basis? Zambo was taking specifically about people abusing the system about claiming they had dementia and autism. Would a GP give a blue badge if you and I went to the surgery on Monday? Could be wrong but in such instances, Indont think it’s that straightforward.

Yeah. I once had a GP who prepared a bundle of crap for me to sign and submit which included all sorts of disability benefits stuff and a blue badge thing. He'd already signed them and of course he thought he was being helpful.
In answer to the question that begs I'd fallen off a very high roof and they thought I wouldn't walk again, but they were very wrong about that.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I don't know how many are fiddling the system, but it's clear from research, that there is a significant amount of abuse of the current blue badge scheme, with not much success or effort to catch those doing it. Extending it to a lot more people, will clearly benefit those who are abusing it, probably more than those who are really in need. Extending it is also likely to have an impact on current holders.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I think there are a lot of forgeries too. The whole thing seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth really .

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Jon Gout wrote:How do you know how many are fiddling the system if they're never caught?

My take away so far is the people worried about this:

1. Don't know how the badge scheme works
2. Don't know how disabilities are assessed
3. Don't know how much fraud takes place.

It's the perfect DM story.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:[..] but it's clear from research, that there is a significant amount of abuse of the current blue badge scheme[..]

Could you cite the research, please. I'd like to read it.

Thanks in advance.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote:
Jon Gout wrote:How do you know how many are fiddling the system if they're never caught?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
Vespa wrote:

+1

:drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Vespa wrote:

+1

Here is the announcement about the changes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/peop ... lue-badges

Looks nothing like the article in the OP.

Here is the review of fraud, in the system.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/revi ... sabilities

859,000 badges issued, 1215 convictions for fraud.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote:
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Vespa wrote:

+1

Here is the announcement about the changes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/peop ... lue-badges

Looks nothing like the article in the OP.

Here is the review of fraud, in the system.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/revi ... sabilities

859,000 badges issued, 1215 convictions for fraud.

=D>
Good stuff, Vespa.
Still, not going to stop the Daily Mail from running pathetic non-stories like this to reinforce prejudices among their readership, eh?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:I think there are a lot of forgeries too. The whole thing seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth really .

I still think it's an important benefit. I don't know how some people would manage without it now. It's being spoilt by the usual lazy cunts, who feel they have the right to cheat the system.

Down Sainsburys last Friday. Saw a bloke park in a disabled bay, he got out and sprinted to the cash machine. Had to walk past his car and there was a badge on the dash.

Maybe he was suffering anxiety wondering if he had enogh cash in his account. You know, the sort that will soon be entitled to a badge.

We now seem to live in a world of strange ideas of entitlement, and apathy about changing these ideas, together with those in cloud cukooland, who think these stupid ideas are going to work, and everyone who has a disabilty is going to be happy ever after. :rolleyes:

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote:Still, not going to stop the Daily Mail from running pathetic non-stories like this to reinforce prejudices among their readership, eh?

It's shameful. I'm sure the person who wrote the article read that link above and chose to misrepresent it just to bash people who have disabilities that hinder their basic mobility and without access to schemes like blue badges would be housebound. They then wrap it up on the 'widespread fraud myth' to provide vague air cover.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:Personally and in all honesty...... I COULDN’T GIVE A TOSS WHO GETS BLUE BADGES!! !!

In fact, everyone else in the country got a Blue Badge and I didn’t, I really wouldn’t care. As I have absolutely no need for one at this moment in history (fortunately).

Those that need them will get them, those that a trying to fiddle the system will eventually get caught out.

It’s really not something to got all hot under the collar about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Those who fiddle system wont be caught out. They aren't now, and they wont be when there thousands more with a blue badge.

Does anyone seriously think the incompetent wankers who run our councils will make a success of this scheme. It will be an unmitigated disaster, with those in real need fucked up the arse.

If those that are fiddling the system won’t get caught, then what does it matter?

If some arsehole wants to park at the front of Lidl rather than walk fifteen yards, that’s up to them. But I’m sure that when they come skipping out of there back to their car, some people might have a word or two.

Imagine waking up and reading this story and getting all worked up. Going as far as starting a thread on a forum about it. What a life if that’s your biggest worry.

So the question must be asked:

Zambo do you know anyone or even yourself that needs to use a Blue Badge? It would make your concerns slightly more plausible if you did. If you don’t however, why are you so worked up about this non-story?

In fact, I bet you don’t even know why your so against more people might be given Blue Badges. Apart from the Daily Mail have told you to be angry about it. Why do you think they would do that? Why would they want you to be in a permanent feeling of “others” getting something you’re not? :x
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:I think there are a lot of forgeries too. The whole thing seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth really .

I still think it's an important benefit. I don't know how some people would manage without it now. It's being spoilt by the usual lazy cunts, who feel they have the right to cheat the system.

Down Sainsburys last Friday. Saw a bloke park in a disabled bay, he got out and sprinted to the cash machine. Had to walk past his car and there was a badge on the dash.

Maybe he was suffering anxiety wondering if he had enogh cash in his account. You know, the sort that will soon be entitled to a badge.

We now seem to live in a world of strange ideas of entitlement, and apathy about changing these ideas, together with those in cloud cukooland, who think these stupid ideas are going to work, and everyone who has a disabilty is going to be happy ever after. :rolleyes:

That's my point really. They make all these rules about where you can park in the first place, then they make exceptions in some cases and everyone ends up being pissed off.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JudgeTedd wrote:
Zambo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:Personally and in all honesty...... I COULDN’T GIVE A TOSS WHO GETS BLUE BADGES!! !!

In fact, everyone else in the country got a Blue Badge and I didn’t, I really wouldn’t care. As I have absolutely no need for one at this moment in history (fortunately).

Those that need them will get them, those that a trying to fiddle the system will eventually get caught out.

It’s really not something to got all hot under the collar about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Those who fiddle system wont be caught out. They aren't now, and they wont be when there thousands more with a blue badge.

Does anyone seriously think the incompetent wankers who run our councils will make a success of this scheme. It will be an unmitigated disaster, with those in real need fucked up the arse.

If those that are fiddling the system won’t get caught, then what does it matter?

It matters a lot to those genuinely disabled people, who can't get a space close to where they want to go. They have to either struggle, or don't bother

If some arsehole wants to park at the front of Lidl rather than walk fifteen yards, that’s up to them. But I’m sure that when they come skipping out of there back to their car, some people might have a word or two.

Imagine waking up and reading this story and getting all worked up. Going as far as starting a thread on a forum about it. What a life if that’s your biggest worry.

That's your interpretation. I rarely get 'worked up' about situations that I have no control over. However, it is annoying to see this sort of stuff, where the powers that be can't get the current process and abuse of it sorted out, yet they come up with shit like this, which is going to be wide open for a lot more to the detrement of the disabled

So the question must be asked:

Zambo do you know anyone or even yourself that needs to use a Blue Badge? It would make your concerns slightly more plausible if you did. If you don’t however, why are you so worked up about this non-story

In fact, I bet you don’t even know why your so against more people might be given Blue Badges. Apart from the Daily Mail have told you to be angry about it. Why do you think they would do that? Why would they want you to be in a permanent feeling of “others” getting something you’re not?

Yeah, of course I know people with blue badges, so I get to know of their frustrations. I also know they will be pissed off with this announcement. The rest of what you say is quite frankly insulting. I read it in Mail and they have told me to be angry about it. What a load of bollocks. :D If people start talking shit like that, others won't bother to start threads, in fact I know some people who no longer do, because of the crap and ridicule they get just because they have a different opinion. This thread has got like that a bit. We don't want the forum turning into a cock sucking club do we.