Mr. Dominic Cummings

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Salem

Re: Mr. Dominic Cummings

Post by Salem »

Vespa wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 am I find it a bit weird that people are now criticising the press for hanging around someone's house when there is a major story running. Sky News where cunts for trying to doorstep his parents. I remember vividly Diane Abbott pictured drinking an M&S Mojito on a train and not only did the press camp outside her house for a week Troy MPs called for her to be sacked. Can't remember anyone bemoaning the press for rocking up and demanding her head of a silver platter - not a single person.
I remember the Abbott incident . What i don't remember are the media / press acting like a pack of wolves camped outside her house for days intimidating her spouse / young child . As for it being a "major story" , Cummings broke no laws , Abbott did .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Vespa wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 am
Salem wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 7:26 am
Vespa wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Salem wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 6:50 pm
Vespa wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 5:58 pm I've no doubt some political nerds don't like him and would like to out him. However, the suggestion this is primarily driven by Brexit is bullshit [/quote]

I have to disagree . This is all about Brexit . This witch-hunt by a pro remain media is driven by the fact that IF they get Cummings out , it will harm our exit strategy and more than likely result in an extension ergo undermining the Government.

That's why he has to stay to finish the job he started in 2016 . And who knows , when he's finished that crusade, he can put an end to BBC licence fee and drag Auntie Beeb into earning its money :partyman:
Renowned remainer Penny Mordaunt has criticised him this evening. How many deep cover agents were in vote leave?
But this isn't about MP's criticizing . It's about the MSM rocking up on his doorstep demanding his head on a silver platter . How many miles do you think that c*nt from Sky News travelled to harass Cummings' elderly parents ? Was it a necessary journey ? It's all bullshit .

Arch remainer Starmer must be laughing his bollocks off at the moment . He can sit at home with his feet up whilst Auntie Beeb et al are doing his dirty work for him
I find it a bit weird that people are now criticising the press for hanging around someone's house when there is a major story running. Sky News where cunts for trying to doorstep his parents. I remember vividly Diane Abbott pictured drinking an M&S Mojito on a train and not only did the press camp outside her house for a week Troy MPs called for her to be sacked. Can't remember anyone bemoaning the press for rocking up and demanding her head of a silver platter - not a single person.
Were they all drinking Mojitos?

Then it would have been super hypocritical.
Build Back More Betterer

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 9:24 am A lot of people on it though.
Yeah but a fair proportion of opinionated people on social media are either agitators for far left/right blog sites, bots or people just taking the piss because they are bored (just count the memes). I always make a point of reading pieces that go against my views and this is one occasion where there are dissenting voices across the spectrum.

I liken this to the argument football fans make about talented players..."they should have built a team around him etc." What if that player gets injured or just loses the talent that made them seem exceptional? If you rely on a single point of failure (like Cummings), guess what...you're more likely to fail. If you build a team of talents, with some harder to manage than others, you end up being more effective.

That's where Thatcher was more switched on. She could handle that scenario. Boris just can't. He's like an academic; he needs to be valued and told he's great.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Royal24s wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 am Nor do I , but I must empathise with your comment about being called ' right wing'
I get that all the time because it's assumed that if you critisise the daft and intolerant antics of the left you must therefore support the other lot of dicks
I remember you called me a Corbyn supporter simply because I didn't object to sex education in schools.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

shabbado wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 am
Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 am
black_guardian wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am
Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 am
black_guardian wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 pm I'm happy for this to run and run. The longer Cummings stays, the harder it will be to get things done and the more the Government will bleed support. Drip feed of hemorrhaging support is always more damaging than a short, sharp, shock.
Of course you are, but it says a lot about you and others who want the same thing. To be so prejudiced to want continued focus on the Cummings fiasco, at the expense of tackling urgent day to day issues is a pretty fucked up state of mind to have imo. Moreover, I don't think it will work the way you want it to. The majority of people want this over, and the more it drags on, the more people will get pissed off with it.
Polling suggests otherwise. The public have long memories. I recall Tories saying the Poll Tax was just a bunch of agitators looking for a scrap and cash for questions was a storm in a teacup. They hadn't realized the depth of feeling behind something like this, they never do.

By the way..this "fiasco" is totally self inflicted so really Cummings is the only one who can make it go away, can't he? Neither the public or media asked him to break/bend lockdown rules. He did it because he's an entitled prick, now it's coming back to haunt him because he didn't think he'd get caught.

I've got no sympathy for his fears on "harassment by the media". If he was that concerned, you'd see private security everywhere he goes. You can't continue such a level of control freakery and not expect it to smack you back in the face at some stage.

For me a simple apology would have been the minimum requirement to shut this down. Instead, the lie, double down and cover up become worse than the deed itself. That's why some parts of the media will continue to fry him and rightly so. If a Labour SPAD had done this, you lot would still be foaming.

If you lot went AWOL without telling your boss, wouldn't you get sanctioned?
Well, the polling results was based on asking 1000 of the 66000000 in the country, so anyone taking those as gospel has an agenda.

I have said on more than one occasions, that what I've heard about Cummings previously makes him a cunt, but it's not the issue is it. The PM has said that it's not worth taking personnel out to investigate this further, as there is a lot more important stuff to be tackling. People who want this to run and run has little to do with Cummings breaching social distancing regulations, they want to fuck Cummings and the Government, which you have already admitted. That isn't in the interest of the country, certainly at this current time. It won't work anyway, and as I said, this is alienating more people against those who are pushing it. Social Media is full of people who have enough of the witch hunt.
Social media is an echo chamber
For simpletons who only follow what they want to hear.
Build Back More Betterer

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Eaststand wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 11:43 am
shabbado wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 am
Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 am
black_guardian wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am
black_guardian wrote: ↑Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 pm I'm happy for this to run and run. The longer Cummings stays, the harder it will be to get things done and the more the Government will bleed support. Drip feed of hemorrhaging support is always more damaging than a short, sharp, shock.
Of course you are, but it says a lot about you and others who want the same thing. To be so prejudiced to want continued focus on the Cummings fiasco, at the expense of tackling urgent day to day issues is a pretty fucked up state of mind to have imo. Moreover, I don't think it will work the way you want it to. The majority of people want this over, and the more it drags on, the more people will get pissed off with it.
Polling suggests otherwise. The public have long memories. I recall Tories saying the Poll Tax was just a bunch of agitators looking for a scrap and cash for questions was a storm in a teacup. They hadn't realized the depth of feeling behind something like this, they never do.

By the way..this "fiasco" is totally self inflicted so really Cummings is the only one who can make it go away, can't he? Neither the public or media asked him to break/bend lockdown rules. He did it because he's an entitled prick, now it's coming back to haunt him because he didn't think he'd get caught.

I've got no sympathy for his fears on "harassment by the media". If he was that concerned, you'd see private security everywhere he goes. You can't continue such a level of control freakery and not expect it to smack you back in the face at some stage.

For me a simple apology would have been the minimum requirement to shut this down. Instead, the lie, double down and cover up become worse than the deed itself. That's why some parts of the media will continue to fry him and rightly so. If a Labour SPAD had done this, you lot would still be foaming.

If you lot went AWOL without telling your boss, wouldn't you get sanctioned?
Well, the polling results was based on asking 1000 of the 66000000 in the country, so anyone taking those as gospel has an agenda.

I have said on more than one occasions, that what I've heard about Cummings previously makes him a cunt, but it's not the issue is it. The PM has said that it's not worth taking personnel out to investigate this further, as there is a lot more important stuff to be tackling. People who want this to run and run has little to do with Cummings breaching social distancing regulations, they want to fuck Cummings and the Government, which you have already admitted. That isn't in the interest of the country, certainly at this current time. It won't work anyway, and as I said, this is alienating more people against those who are pushing it. Social Media is full of people who have enough of the witch hunt.
Social media is an echo chamber
For simpletons who only follow what they want to hear.
Eh....no

The algorithms behind Facebook and Twitter determine what you want to see / hear on the platforms.

Facebook acknowledge this and also acknowledge that it's harmful but chose not to change.
A joyless arsehole.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

I get called right wing all the time despite regularly posting videos from a self-described conservative, far-right news and opinion YouTube channel, saying I agree with their views.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

You are misreading the mood of the country.
There has been more than one poll, including of Daily Mail readers, which wants him gone. Yes that's not 66m people but we have no means of polling all of those. Certainly anecdotally people were, and still are, outraged by him and the arrogance at his press conference.
The number of Tory MPs saying he has to go has GONE UP.
The longer it goes on the more it calls Johnson into question. It is leaving his ministers in impossible positions. This morning Hancock was trying to talk about test and trace, but that will only work if people observe isolation, so he was asked whether people would do that given the Cummings fiasco. In the same comments he said the rules were very clear, but later said he understood "not everyone would interpret them as he has"...how could CLEAR rules be so capable of interpretation?
But Johnson blunders on, day by day building the impression that Cummings runs the country.
I wonder if that is the case...don't recall his name on the ballot paper, do you?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

How important do you think this old bollocks will be in five years time at the next election?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm
You are misreading the mood of the country.
There has been more than one poll, including of Daily Mail readers, which wants him gone. Yes that's not 66m people but we have no means of polling all of those. Certainly anecdotally people were, and still are, outraged by him and the arrogance at his press conference.
The number of Tory MPs saying he has to go has GONE UP.
The longer it goes on the more it calls Johnson into question. It is leaving his ministers in impossible positions. This morning Hancock was trying to talk about test and trace, but that will only work if people observe isolation, so he was asked whether people would do that given the Cummings fiasco. In the same comments he said the rules were very clear, but later said he understood "not everyone would interpret them as he has"...how could CLEAR rules be so capable of interpretation?
But Johnson blunders on, day by day building the impression that Cummings runs the country.
I wonder if that is the case...don't recall his name on the ballot paper, do you?
I couldn't care less if he goes or stays. The difference is, I just have an opinion of what's going on, others are spending their entire lives at the moment stressing and obsessing about what should happen to a two bit political adviser. I liken it to the Trump syndrome. It's odd and unhealthy

The weather is beautiful at the moment, Boris says we can go out as much as we like. It's a far better option.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 pma two bit political adviser
A bit cruel really since without him you wouldn't have your "Brexit".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jon Gout wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 12:57 pm
Zambo wrote: ↑Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 pma two bit political adviser
A bit cruel really since without him you wouldn't have your "Brexit".
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Cummings WAS in breach of lockdown rules, says Durham Police:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... s-johnson/

Boris can deflect all he wants with talk of pubs reopening, but this story isn't going away.
WOKE AND PROUD

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

As I said above, good luck keeping it going for five years till the next election.
I think I know one man who might well be talking about it then, but the public won't be interested any more.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hey, has anyone considered the idea that he might have been having a secret meeting with the Russians at that castle ?