Mr. Dominic Cummings

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Mr. Dominic Cummings

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:02 pm Cummings WAS in breach of lockdown rules, says Durham Police:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... s-johnson/

Boris can deflect all he wants with talk of pubs reopening, but this story isn't going away.
Whether he broke them or not isn't the issue. It's not what has been the main centre of debate on here.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm
subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:02 pm Cummings WAS in breach of lockdown rules, says Durham Police:

Boris can deflect all he wants with talk of pubs reopening, but this story isn't going away.
Whether he broke them or not isn't the issue. It's not what has been the main centre of debate on here.
I'm providing the latest update of the story, in a thread entitled "Mr. Dominic Cummings".
WOKE AND PROUD

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Maybe all crimes should be ignored if certain people insist on being bored of hearing about them after five minutes.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Not up to the police to decide whether anyone committed an offence. That's why we have courts, and actually in my day you'd have been in quite a lot of trouble for saying something like that before a conviction.
In point of fact, by saying this and the telegraph publishing it, it would provide a contempt defence - meaning that potential jurors or magistrates have been aquainted with a version of events not in evidence or subject to judicial scrutiny ,plus a statement of guilt as if it were fact. Thus they might consciously or otherwise have been prejudiced .

Whilst I'd advise him strongly against doing so, he'd have a pretty clear action for defamation against the newspaper.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

shabbado wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:47 am
Eaststand wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:43 am
shabbado wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 am
Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 am
black_guardian wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am
Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 am
black_guardian wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 pm I'm happy for this to run and run. The longer Cummings stays, the harder it will be to get things done and the more the Government will bleed support. Drip feed of hemorrhaging support is always more damaging than a short, sharp, shock.
Of course you are, but it says a lot about you and others who want the same thing. To be so prejudiced to want continued focus on the Cummings fiasco, at the expense of tackling urgent day to day issues is a pretty fucked up state of mind to have imo. Moreover, I don't think it will work the way you want it to. The majority of people want this over, and the more it drags on, the more people will get pissed off with it.
Polling suggests otherwise. The public have long memories. I recall Tories saying the Poll Tax was just a bunch of agitators looking for a scrap and cash for questions was a storm in a teacup. They hadn't realized the depth of feeling behind something like this, they never do.

By the way..this "fiasco" is totally self inflicted so really Cummings is the only one who can make it go away, can't he? Neither the public or media asked him to break/bend lockdown rules. He did it because he's an entitled prick, now it's coming back to haunt him because he didn't think he'd get caught.

I've got no sympathy for his fears on "harassment by the media". If he was that concerned, you'd see private security everywhere he goes. You can't continue such a level of control freakery and not expect it to smack you back in the face at some stage.

For me a simple apology would have been the minimum requirement to shut this down. Instead, the lie, double down and cover up become worse than the deed itself. That's why some parts of the media will continue to fry him and rightly so. If a Labour SPAD had done this, you lot would still be foaming.

If you lot went AWOL without telling your boss, wouldn't you get sanctioned?
Well, the polling results was based on asking 1000 of the 66000000 in the country, so anyone taking those as gospel has an agenda.

I have said on more than one occasions, that what I've heard about Cummings previously makes him a cunt, but it's not the issue is it. The PM has said that it's not worth taking personnel out to investigate this further, as there is a lot more important stuff to be tackling. People who want this to run and run has little to do with Cummings breaching social distancing regulations, they want to fuck Cummings and the Government, which you have already admitted. That isn't in the interest of the country, certainly at this current time. It won't work anyway, and as I said, this is alienating more people against those who are pushing it. Social Media is full of people who have enough of the witch hunt.
Social media is an echo chamber
For simpletons who only follow what they want to hear.
Eh....no

The algorithms behind Facebook and Twitter determine what you want to see / hear on the platforms.

Facebook acknowledge this and also acknowledge that it's harmful but chose not to change.
only old people use facebook.

Just follow all political persuasions on twitter.

Lefist outrage about nothing is some of the purest comedy of all, why would you block them.
Build Back More Betterer

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Eaststand wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm
black_guardian wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 pm I'm happy for this to run and run. The longer Cummings stays, the harder it will be to get things done and the more the Government will bleed support. Drip feed of hemorrhaging support is always more damaging than a short, sharp, shock.
Of course you are, but it says a lot about you and others who want the same thing. To be so prejudiced to want continued focus on the Cummings fiasco, at the expense of tackling urgent day to day issues is a pretty fucked up state of mind to have imo. Moreover, I don't think it will work the way you want it to. The majority of people want this over, and the more it drags on, the more people will get pissed off with it.
Polling suggests otherwise. The public have long memories. I recall Tories saying the Poll Tax was just a bunch of agitators looking for a scrap and cash for questions was a storm in a teacup. They hadn't realized the depth of feeling behind something like this, they never do.

By the way..this "fiasco" is totally self inflicted so really Cummings is the only one who can make it go away, can't he? Neither the public or media asked him to break/bend lockdown rules. He did it because he's an entitled prick, now it's coming back to haunt him because he didn't think he'd get caught.

I've got no sympathy for his fears on "harassment by the media". If he was that concerned, you'd see private security everywhere he goes. You can't continue such a level of control freakery and not expect it to smack you back in the face at some stage.

For me a simple apology would have been the minimum requirement to shut this down. Instead, the lie, double down and cover up become worse than the deed itself. That's why some parts of the media will continue to fry him and rightly so. If a Labour SPAD had done this, you lot would still be foaming.

Well, the polling results was based on asking 1000 of the 66000000 in the country, so anyone taking those as gospel has an agenda.

I have said on more than one occasions, that what I've heard about Cummings previously makes him a cunt, but it's not the issue is it. The PM has said that it's not worth taking personnel out to investigate this further, as there is a lot more important stuff to be tackling. People who want this to run and run has little to do with Cummings breaching social distancing regulations, they want to fuck Cummings and the Government, which you have already admitted. That isn't in the interest of the country, certainly at this current time. It won't work anyway, and as I said, this is alienating more people against those who are pushing it. Social Media is full of people who have enough of the witch hunt.
Eh....no

The algorithms behind Facebook and Twitter determine what you want to see / hear on the platforms.

Facebook acknowledge this and also acknowledge that it's harmful but chose not to change.

Lefist outrage about nothing is some of the purest comedy of all, why would you block them.
Zambo isn't that old
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm

I'm providing the latest update of the story, in a thread entitled "Mr. Dominic Cummings".
Yep, and I'm posting an opinion based on that. The police are saying that they aren't taking any further action as it was a minor offence. They have closed it and so should everyone else.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

shabbado wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm
Eaststand wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Eh....no

Zambo isn't that old
I wish someone would tell my bones that. :D

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Finally come clean, eh? :lol:

Salem

Post by Salem »

Hillman avenger wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm You are misreading the mood of the country.
Oh the fucking irony :D .

Coming from someone who claimed that people wouldn't have voted for Brexit had they known what they were voting for .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Salem wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Hillman avenger wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm You are misreading the mood of the country.
Oh the fucking irony :D .

Coming from someone who claimed that people wouldn't have voted for Brexit had they known what they were voting for .
And then spoke even louder in december.
Build Back More Betterer

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jon Gout wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:18 pm Finally come clean, eh? :lol:
:wink:

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Has Maitlis gone to Novara Media yet where she'd be more at home ? She can share its numerous TV appearances with the rancid Ash Sarkar.
There's no poem, just prose.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:31 pm Not up to the police to decide whether anyone committed an offence. That's why we have courts, and actually in my day you'd have been in quite a lot of trouble for saying something like that before a conviction.

The police decide if they think there is a case and the CPS do or do not confirm it. We know that.
In point of fact, by saying this and the telegraph publishing it, it would provide a contempt defence
Defence of what? They aren't going to court anyway.
- meaning that potential jurors or magistrates have been aquainted with a version of events not in evidence or subject to judicial scrutiny ,plus a statement of guilt as if it were fact. Thus they might consciously or otherwise have been prejudiced .

Whilst I'd advise him strongly against doing so, he'd have a pretty clear action for defamation against the newspaper.
For saying that Durham Police were going to make the statement they did??
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

they just cant stop losing.

Its like a drug.
Build Back More Betterer