Mr. Dominic Cummings

In-depth debate on all topical issues
VeritasVincit

Re: Mr. Dominic Cummings

Post by VeritasVincit »

carcinogen wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:03 pm Paddy McGuinness, cor what a talent.
Like Flintoff with the sporting skills removed.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm
London Producers do love a regional accent, it gets all their pipes lubed.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm
:lol:
Paddy McGuinness. And his joke.
WOKE AND PROUD

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Whether or not the police take action is really irrelevant to this matter.

He travelled 260 miles when he should not have done, when the rules did NOT give the option to "follow your instincts". The provision that you could leave home if vulnerable was to do with people at threat of domestic violence.

His trip to Barnard Castle was wrong in several ways. He should not have been out, and he was risking the safety of others, even if we believe his improbable story.

But then rather than admit he had got it wrong, he brazened it out , made Johnson look a fool ( tho that's not hard) and left ministers in an impossible position of trying to reaffirm isolation despite what he had done. It made the job of the police several times harder and made the effectiveness of any track and trace ( cocked up there again, I see) far less likely.

It is NOT a few-day wonder. It exposes the true locus of power is with an unelected advisor. One who was happy to persuade people to throw away their economic future to "take back control".

There are now 75 Tory MPs who want him gone. They are right. Then they should ponder on a Prime Minister who should display such appalling judgement.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yawn.
He shouldn't have 'tested' his eyesight. Plain stupid, and he should have admitted it was wrong, instead of making up a ridiculous excuse. However, Durham police said it was a minor error of judgement and wouldn't have taken any action.

Now, does that really warrant what has been going on in the media for the last week? Anyone who says yes should be looking in the mirror and having a chat, and admitting the real reason for supporting this shite.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Yes it does
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:33 pm Yawn.
He shouldn't have 'tested' his eyesight. Plain stupid, and he should have admitted it was wrong, instead of making up a ridiculous excuse. However, Durham police said it was a minor error of judgement and wouldn't have taken any action.

Now, does that really warrant what has been going on in the media for the last week? Anyone who says yes should be looking in the mirror and having a chat, and admitting the real reason for supporting this shite.
If it was a Labour Govt advisor in the same position, I'm sure you would have posted many a Daily Mail link calling for his head...
WOKE AND PROUD

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Dominic cummings gets away with breaching rules that he helped to devise, yet many out there have suffered fines for offences no worse than himself. People have even had to vacate their jobs for doing so.

It just shows that there's one rule for those on charge, and another for the rest. The pressure put on this government is wholly justified.

subsub

Post by subsub »

The Tick wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:51 pm Dominic cummings gets away with breaching rules that he helped to devise, yet many out there have suffered fines for offences no worse than himself. People have even had to vacate their jobs for doing so.

It just shows that there's one rule for those on charge, and another for the rest. The pressure put on this government is wholly justified.
Spot on.
And hello, Mr Tick. Haven't seen you on here for a while, my friend.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 pm

If it was a Labour Govt advisor in the same position, I'm sure you would have posted many a Daily Mail link calling for his head...
Nope, I would have adopted the same position as I am with this instead of embarrassing myself.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Nope, I would have adopted the same position as I am with this instead of embarrassing myself.
Why would you be embarrassing yourself?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Was the number they asked this time greater than 0.003% of the population? And did they move out of Lambeth this time?

I am waiting for accusations of of bent coppers being paid off by Boris next

All about who it is.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:09 pm

By going on and on about a minor error of judgement which the police say was not worth even a word of admonishment.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm
subsub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:09 pm

By going on and on about a minor error of judgement which the police say was not worth even a word of admonishment.
But serious enough for the police to go out of their way to acknowledge that the rules had been broken - by someone instrumental in drawing up the rules.
I think you're missing the bigger picture here.
WOKE AND PROUD