Policeman killed

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Policeman killed

Post by Hillman avenger »

You haven't got any water Roy
Have you ever thought about posting about anything else?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Roy Twing wrote:As the saying goes- you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink

If you promise the horse water bit serve up a trough of horse shit is it any wonder the horse isn't too keen?
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Look at the statistics again. Gibraltar has a population of 34,000 people. One murder doesn’t mean they have the highest homicide rate in Europe. Even if they had one murder a year every year.

The stats are as usual, per 100,000 population, which is why they are meaningless for such 'relatively' low rates as homicides, - even in the USA, it's only in the low '000s.
That's why it's necessary to be able to compare wider violent crime rates, and you (and the troll) should be asking why the reports are not available since 2003.

It’s the accepted method of comparing murder rates. The UK murder rate compared to other countries is low. Even some countries in Northern Europe that are often held up as good examples of a well functioning society have a higher murder rate than us.

This is a thread about a suspected murder after all. Violent crime doesn’t have a fixed definition so is a lot more difficult to measure and compare than homicide/murder.

OK - as long as we agree that gibraltar is the murder capital of western europe, then we can completely agree on your assessment.

As to violent crime specifically, - I was responding to someone making the claim that this is not a very violent country, - do you agree with that?

You’ve changed it from Europe to Western Europe I notice. If Gibraltar, with a population of 35,000 has one murder a year every year, then yes it does have a high murder rate for Western Europe. If it doesn’t then people should use their common sense.

You’re anomaly hunting with simple homicide/murder rates and asking people to focus entirely on "violent crime" which doesn’t have a fixed definition.

Is threatening to beat someone up a "violent crime"? Depends who/which organisations you ask.

A gentle reminder. This is a thread about a suspected murder.

His original claim was 'This country is one of the most violent crime-ridden in the developed world*, certainly in europe.'

Goal posts have been shifted and mental gymnastics have been employed to where he's now solely discussing violent crime (not murders?) In Western Europe.

:lol: :lol:
Exactly. Carries on even though he's been owned big time.
WOKE AND PROUD

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

Salem wrote:
Ralph wrote:
shabbado wrote:This appears only to be the case with certain members on here when it's Caucasian who are responsible for the crimes.

Race is only an issue when the suspect/perpetrator is not white. Religion is only an issue when the suspect/perpetrator is Muslim.

Don't take this the wrong way but that is utter bollocks .

According to the reports so far , this has something to do with the travelling community . As i have stated earlier on this thread , i'm unfortunate enough to live on an estate rife with travellers . All of them are white and as far as i can ascertain Christian . In fact , i think you will be hard pushed to find a traveller who is not white .

This is an heinous crime that should carry severe punishment whatever the colour / religion of the perpetrators .

Trying to score points by saying "If they'd have been black you'd have gone ape shit" demeans the memory of PC Andrew Harper . He's dead and instead of going on her honeymoon next week , his widow will be planning his funeral .

The bastards that killed him should rot in hell , no matter what colour / religion they are

Sorry I'm quoting your exceptionally good post again

I just want to use this post to pay my respect in memory of PC Andrew Harper.

God bless him!!

Rest In Peace PC Andrew Harper

I'm sure PC Harper's widow and family have enormous support. PC Harper died protecting us. A hero!

Salem

Post by Salem »

Ralph wrote: You’re the only one using this appalling tragedy to score points.

In your own words your estate is "rife" with travellers. You’re transparently using this to play out a grievance in your private life. Which on it’s own isn’t a problem but....

Citing the victims widow to attack people who don’t see exactly eye to eye with you is pretty lowlife & scummy behaviour.

Don’t project your own failings onto others.

Jesus Christ , i've read it all now .

Firstly , I have no grievances in my private life . I'm happy with my lot and if it's broke i try to fix it . If you took your head out of your arse and lived amongst these people you would get what i mean .

As for citing the victims widow is scummy behaviour , well just look back over this thread and see who took it away from a news event and turned it into a shitfest of "If they'd have been black / muslim / foreigners the usual suspects would have been up in arms" and have a go at him . I have said from the start this was an dreadful crime no matter what colour / creed / religion they were and race should not have come in to it . In fact , the only lowlife / scummy behaviour in this dreadful event are the bastards that killed PC Andrew Harper but i dare say you'll have various excuses locked and loaded for their behaviour .

As for failings , i have many but i accept the only one that has caused them is me , myself and I . I never have and never will blame anyone else for my own failures so you've got that one wrong too .

Should there ever be an occasion i ever need to see a psychologist don't take this the wrong way but i think i'll give you a miss . Everything in your post you perceive me to be is the exact opposite . Thanks for the effort though :smt023
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Look at the statistics again. Gibraltar has a population of 34,000 people. One murder doesn’t mean they have the highest homicide rate in Europe. Even if they had one murder a year every year.

The stats are as usual, per 100,000 population, which is why they are meaningless for such 'relatively' low rates as homicides, - even in the USA, it's only in the low '000s.
That's why it's necessary to be able to compare wider violent crime rates, and you (and the troll) should be asking why the reports are not available since 2003.

It’s the accepted method of comparing murder rates. The UK murder rate compared to other countries is low. Even some countries in Northern Europe that are often held up as good examples of a well functioning society have a higher murder rate than us.

This is a thread about a suspected murder after all. Violent crime doesn’t have a fixed definition so is a lot more difficult to measure and compare than homicide/murder.

OK - as long as we agree that gibraltar is the murder capital of western europe, then we can completely agree on your assessment.

As to violent crime specifically, - I was responding to someone making the claim that this is not a very violent country, - do you agree with that?

You’ve changed it from Europe to Western Europe I notice. If Gibraltar, with a population of 35,000 has one murder a year every year, then yes it does have a high murder rate for Western Europe. If it doesn’t then people should use their common sense.

You’re anomaly hunting with simple homicide/murder rates and asking people to focus entirely on "violent crime" which doesn’t have a fixed definition.

Is threatening to beat someone up a "violent crime"? Depends who/which organisations you ask.

A gentle reminder. This is a thread about a suspected murder.

His original claim was 'This country is one of the most violent crime-ridden in the developed world*, certainly in europe.'

Goal posts have been shifted and mental gymnastics have been employed to where he's now solely discussing violent crime (not murders?) In Western Europe.

:lol: :lol:
Exactly. Carries on even though he's been owned big time.

Pathetic, but I suppose I'd better play along.
Rather than the mutual appreciation society tactics, please explain where I've been 'owned' and I'll be pleased to correct you.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

paolo

Post by paolo »

I think one of their major points is u changed Europe to Western Europe
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

Salem wrote:
Ralph wrote: You’re the only one using this appalling tragedy to score points.

In your own words your estate is "rife" with travellers. You’re transparently using this to play out a grievance in your private life. Which on it’s own isn’t a problem but....

Citing the victims widow to attack people who don’t see exactly eye to eye with you is pretty lowlife & scummy behaviour.

Don’t project your own failings onto others.

Jesus Christ , i've read it all now .

Firstly , I have no grievances in my private life . I'm happy with my lot and if it's broke i try to fix it . If you took your head out of your arse and lived amongst these people you would get what i mean .

As for citing the victims widow is scummy behaviour , well just look back over this thread and see who took it away from a news event and turned it into a shitfest of "If they'd have been black / muslim / foreigners the usual suspects would have been up in arms" and have a go at him . I have said from the start this was an dreadful crime no matter what colour / creed / religion they were and race should not have come in to it . In fact , the only lowlife / scummy behaviour in this dreadful event are the bastards that killed PC Andrew Harper but i dare say you'll have various excuses locked and loaded for their behaviour .

As for failings , i have many but i accept the only one that has caused them is me , myself and I . I never have and never will blame anyone else for my own failures so you've got that one wrong too .

Should there ever be an occasion i ever need to see a psychologist don't take this the wrong way but i think i'll give you a miss . Everything in your post you perceive me to be is the exact opposite . Thanks for the effort though :smt023

:dart:

Absolutely spot-on!

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Developed World > Europe > Western Europe > Countries within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
A joyless arsehole.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Most of the violent crime in London is committee by Somali and Nigerian gangs. My uncle is in the police force. Is no wonder so many white British families have fled the capital.
Man U and rangers

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

theleader82 wrote:Most of the violent crime in London is committee by Somali and Nigerian gangs. My uncle is in the police force. Is no wonder so many white British families have fled the capital.

They fled because your uncle is in the police?

Interesting.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol:

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

theleader82 wrote:Most of the violent crime in London is committee by Somali and Nigerian gangs. My uncle is in the police force. Is no wonder so many white British families have fled the capital.

It’s true. People are fleeing. It’s why property in London is so cheap. You can buy a garden shed for well under £1m.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:

They fled because your uncle is in the police?

Interesting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

paolo wrote:I think one of their major points is u changed Europe to Western Europe

Indeed.
I was referring to 'Europe' in relation to my link to international comparisons of violent crime, which showed that this country has a vastly higher violent crime (not just homicide) rate than almost anywhere, - currently 1.6million recorded violent crimes each year - nearly 4.5 thousand each and every day, yet one poster (at least) still thinks that we don't live in a particularly violent country.
Ralph however, seemed to want to concentrate on murder rates only, so I was, somewhat tongue in cheek, trying to explain the ridiculousness of trying to take anything meaningful from such low numbers by showing that gibraltar, with a murder rate of nominally one per year has a higher rate than anywhere else in western europe.
As usual with this forum, topics do get conflated all too often, especially when posters refuse to actually bother to address the stats presented.
But they seem to have weight of numbers to mutually support each other with their nonsense, so what can you do.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE