Owen Jones kicked in the head

In-depth debate on all topical issues
VeritasVincit

Re: Owen Jones kicked in the head

Post by VeritasVincit »

Where is DevonDevon when you want him? The others are still around.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... t-20554404

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote:Where is DevonDevon when you want him? The others are still around.

Indeed.
All three have now been charged, so presumably the CPS think there's enough evidence for a possible conviction.
But some posters in this thread said that Jones deserved to be attacked because of his behaviour in the pub :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

subsub wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:Where is DevonDevon when you want him? The others are still around.

Indeed.
All three have now been charged, so presumably the CPS think there's enough evidence for a possible conviction.
But some posters in this thread said that Jones deserved to be attacked because of his behaviour in the pub :rolleyes:

And those posters should not now discuss anything that might be relevant to the case.

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote:
subsub wrote:

Indeed.

And those posters should not now discuss anything that might be relevant to the case.

Quite.
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Don't know about anyone else, but my scepticism wasn't whether or not he was attacked (not exactly a difficult scenario to imagine to be honest) but the fact that he immediately and continually blamed the 'far right'.
That remains my interest in this case.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

God those injuries look and sound terrible. It's a wonder he's alive. Just shows you how savage a military style far right assault can be.

I bet his ring piece took a bigger hammering when he got home.

Salem

Post by Salem »

I , for one , never questioned that an altercation may have occurred .

I only questioned the fact that certain posters couldn't wait to pin this on some right wing nut-jobs without any evidence of such .

I've said it before and i'll say it again , no one should be physically attacked for whatever political or sexual orientation and if these three are found guilty they should be punished.................who ever they vote for .

Having said that , if those injuries pictured in the Mirror are as bad as Jones got , i was imagining much worse .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:Don't know about anyone else, but my scepticism wasn't whether or not he was attacked (not exactly a difficult scenario to imagine to be honest) but the fact that he immediately and continually blamed the 'far right'.

*REVERSING*
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Still yet to post his Pele revelations after his teaser: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31961
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Salem wrote:I , for one , never questioned that an altercation may have occurred .

I only questioned the fact that certain posters couldn't wait to pin this on some right wing nut-jobs without any evidence of such .

I've said it before and i'll say it again , no one should be physically attacked for whatever political or sexual orientation and if these three are found guilty they should be punished.................who ever they vote for .

Having said that , if those injuries pictured in the Mirror are as bad as Jones got , i was imagining much worse .

Can't wait for the actual evidence and scale of the assault to come out in court and be compared to how Jones described it.

Exaggeration? Much?

Mind you it's the same over the top bollocks penned in his column.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Carlos J wrote:

Still yet to post his Pele revelations after his teaser: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31961

It's coming. And to keep it in line with this here Jones thread , very very hard hitting.

:box:

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Don't know about anyone else, but my scepticism wasn't whether or not he was attacked (not exactly a difficult scenario to imagine to be honest) but the fact that he immediately and continually blamed the 'far right'.

*REVERSING*

Reversing?
You're on a roll today aren't you?

This was one of my few comments on this thread (I preferred my 'blue oyster bar' link though - always makes me chuckle) from a couple of weeks ago :

"Could be wrong, but I think the main question is whether it was a 'politically motivated attack by right wing extremists' as claimed, or not".

In the words of hillman, - please tell us from what I am reversing?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I think you'll find it only has to be *perceived* as a hate crime as opposed to actually being one to qualify.

A law invented in the playground for kids to cry over.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:I think you'll find it only has to be *perceived* as a hate crime as opposed to actually being one to qualify.

A law invented in the playground for kids to cry over.

Indeed, thanks to the Uriah Heep sycophancy by the entire establishment following the Lawrence enquiry (if memory serves).
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:

*REVERSING*

Reversing?
You're on a roll today aren't you?

This was one of my few comments on this thread (I preferred my 'blue oyster bar' link though - always makes me chuckle) from a couple of weeks ago :

"Could be wrong, but I think the main question is whether it was a 'politically motivated attack by right wing extremists' as claimed, or not".

In the words of hillman, - please tell us from what I am reversing?

My apologies, Roy, it was your partner in crime, m4rk.
It is quite tricky to tell one from the other, though.
WOKE AND PROUD