lest we forget (the forum forgot)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
JimmyDee

Re: lest we forget (the forum forgot)

Post by JimmyDee »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:John McClane called it in but nobody believed him
Shirley you mean John McCain, or Surely MacLaine. I wouldn't put it past either of "them" two, frankly.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Off at a tangent ...
I'll never forget "9/11". I was working nights, and woke up at noon, or close, to hear Porky Parry ranting on about planes crashing into skyscrapers and all that. Because it was him I ignored it as the exaggerations of a madman and never bothered even switching the telly on to see what he was on about.
That night the shift foreman decided to hold a minute's silence, except he had to shout the start/stop points over the noise of the machinery. Happy days!

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:John McClane called it in but nobody believed him
Shirley you mean John McCain, or Surely MacLaine. I wouldn't put it past either of "them" two, frankly.

David McBlane

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Chill, Blane.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

JimmyDee wrote:

I prefer my war heroes and boozy actresses lightly toasted
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
shabbado wrote:Never forget the thousands of Americans murdered by our government for money.

UK government?

Not heard this one before. Care to elaborate?

Never forget that today is the 12th. I’m sure the original post would’ve had more sentiment to it, if it had the 11th as the date on it. :roll:

Just to assist you...... the title might help you understand

Hmmmmmm.....

Are you sure that was the original title to the thread, or have you added to it? :wink:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

JimmyDee wrote:I'll never forget "9/11". I was working nights, and woke up at noon, or close, to hear Porky Parry ranting on about planes crashing into skyscrapers and all that

Didn't he say that Osama bin Laden bore a striking resemblance to Mick Fleetwood, and then had to issue an apology to Fleetwood's family? :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

9/11 is exactly three and half months to Christmas.
Dieu Le Roi.

paolo

Post by paolo »

JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
shabbado wrote:Never forget the thousands of Americans murdered by our government for money.

UK government?

Never forget that today is the 12th. I’m sure the original post would’ve had more sentiment to it, if it had the 11th as the date on it. :roll:

Hmmmmmm.....

Are you sure that was the original title to the thread, or have you added to it? :wink:

The straws......

Why don’t you see if the thread or title has been edited

My pleasure
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
JimmyDee wrote:

I prefer my war heroes and boozy actresses lightly toasted
Simon Weston?
"It's what we do...."

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I get a bit suspicious with lists of convenient coincidences that long where trillions are involved.

Others, a bit more naive than me, claim it's all been looked into and everything's above board. There's no evidence. The people who looked at it are totally trustworthy.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:

UK government?

Hmmmmmm.....

The straws......

My pleasure

I’ll happily apologise if it hasn’t..........

..... my original points still stands though, why are you posting this on the 12th? Seems like you forget to post it on the 11th.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

paolo

Post by paolo »

JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:

UK government?

Hmmmmmm.....

The straws......

My pleasure

..... my original points still stands though, why are you posting this on the 12th? Seems like you forget to post it on the 11th.

I did forget

Hence the title

I cannot edit the title

But one of the biggest domestic crimes by America is already forgotten
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Has tf filed its annual report?

Yes, taxman is being a bastard as usual.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:
paolo wrote:
JudgeTedd wrote:

UK government?

Hmmmmmm.....

The straws......

My pleasure

I did forget

Hence the title

I cannot edit the title

But one of the biggest domestic crimes by America is already forgotten

At the start of the summer I made my first trip to New York. On the Saturday I had a few hours spare, so a group of us decided we’d go to the 9/11 Memorial. Upon entering the site I saw some of the girders which are still standing, but they didn’t really do much for me emotionally. Walking a bit further round there’s a chamber in which you sit and hear stories about the victims via their family, friends and colleagues. I could’ve sat in there for hours. It started to bring it into reality (if that’s the phrase I’m looking for).

Next on the route around was the time line of all the events on that fateful day, including CCTV footage of two of the terrorists walking through the airport.

But what I saw next literally stopped me in my tracks. On the wall was a blurred (obviously) picture of someone who’d decided to jump from one of the upper floors. What was remarkable about the picture was that the persons arms were down by their side, but they were facing head first to the ground. I can honestly say that was one of the most moving images I’ve ever seen in my life. Immediately you start thinking what was going through their mind that they thought jumping was a better option? Also what would I do in that situation? I wondered who that person was and what type of life they had. What was the last conversation they’d had with family and friends?

Suddenly walking around the Memorial become a really emotional experience. All those people’s stories. Seeing parts of Fire trucks which are totally unrecognisable. Even seeing the antenna from one of the towers was a surreal moment.

So, for me, it wasn’t forgotten. And if you ever find yourself in New York it’s something you definitely have to go and see.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022