Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by Hillman avenger »

Yes global action is needed too,
so what a twat Trump is for ruining that.
China is already the largest user of solar.
It's not either or.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

As I said previously Roy, I don’t really know the ins and outs about global climate control but a cursory google on China’s measures brought me this on the very top of the first page. A productive, unreported step would you not say?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nyti ... s.amp.html

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Yes global action is needed too,
so what a twat Trump is for ruining that.
China is already the largest user of solar.
It's not either or.

china is clearly a leader in curbing pollution
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

kancutlawns wrote:As I said previously Roy, I don’t really know the ins and outs about global climate control but a cursory google on China’s measures brought me this on the very top of the first page. A productive, unreported step would you not say?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nyti ... s.amp.html

I would say that it falls in line with the sentiments of my previous post - it seems China is finally having to face its local pollution (maybe for cynical reasons, if they want a healthy labour force in the future), - as I've said, and sane government, and its citizens would strive for cleaner air in which to live and breathe, - for fear of sounding like a broken record though - it's the Global 'pollution' (or rather, the status that eco-warriors put upon it) that I have issues with.
In this case, China may (or may not) be cleaning up direct exposure of particulates for its worst affected citizens, - but is it reducing its carbon emissions? (I think the answer continues to be 'no').
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote:We’re agreed on your first paragraph. Regarding your second, I know very little about what China is doing productively or harmfully with C02 emissions.

China are the World's largest producer of co2. It's not disputed, not denied.

XR and other groups have campaigned for ecological impact labelling on all products so consumers can judge is they want to buy it based on environmental impact.

For example, if you knew the avocado you were going to buy required 100 litres of water, 45 chemical treatments, 60kg of carbon, and 15 grams of plastic packaging to produce you may decide to put something else on your toast.

Unsurprisingly industry has successfully lobbied governments to block this measure.

The "something something China" defence to doing fuck all about the local ecological impact of abusing the environment was dreamt up by the US coal industry. It's endured the test of time.

The XR demands are:

1. the government declare a climate and ecological emergency.
2. put an action plan in place to deal with it
3. citizens’ assembly

Waving any concern, of say the 180,000 people Transport for London say died early because of air pollution, because China is the World's biggest polluter demonstrated how successful industries public relations teams are.

Here's the state of UK biodiversity we should do something about that but something something China

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Very interesting, thanks Vespa (and Roy). It’s refreshing to be educated on here.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Not being patronising here but it is refreshing to enter a thread and see this one at the moment. It's what D&D should be about imo.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote:Very interesting, thanks Vespa (and Roy). It’s refreshing to be educated on here.

The reason I mock the 'something something China' excuse to do nothing is that it was a tactic designed to prevent any action localled by blaming the problem on a land far far away.

It's the most successful public relations slogan in history. It's convinced many people that the UK government and companies within the UK shouldn't be pressured to take action because it's worst in China.

A great example of this is delivery based services like Amazon. They make billions, the delivery of products has a much higher ecological impact in the UK than if you bought it from a local store. On top of that their business model has damaged local retail businesses and to put the cherry on top - they have engineered how to pay less tax.

Amazon has no consequences for this model.

I nominal levy on delivery based services like Amazon would raise revenues that could be used to offset some of the environmental damage and coupled with enviroment labelling provide people with an incentive to visit the local shops once and a while.

This isn't a new proposal but something something China stops it getting any traction or even a sensible debate.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Vespa wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Very interesting, thanks Vespa (and Roy). It’s refreshing to be educated on here.

The reason I mock the 'something something China' excuse to do nothing is that it was a tactic designed to prevent any action localled by blaming the problem on a land far far away.

It's the most successful public relations slogan in history. It's convinced many people that the UK government and companies within the UK shouldn't be pressured to take action because it's worst in China.

A great example of this is delivery based services like Amazon. They make billions, the delivery of products has a much higher ecological impact in the UK than if you bought it from a local store. On top of that their business model has damaged local retail businesses and to put the cherry on top - they have engineered how to pay less tax.

I nominal levy on delivery based services like Amazon would raise revenues that could be used to offset some of the environmental damage and coupled with enviroment labelling provide people with an incentive to visit the local shops once and a while.

This isn't a new proposal but something something China stops it getting any traction or even a sensible debate.

carbon tax is fraud

pollution does not respect borders (same as illegal immigration)

russia, china and india pump untold amounts of shit into the atmosphere and water courses....if they aint playing by the rules, yet benefitting, why should any other country?

as crazy as some words can be spoken by some people and not others

either you're polluting or you're not

no halfway house
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Vespa wrote:

Very eloquently put.

A week or so ago you said English wasn't your first language. Could you kindly tell us what your first language is?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I think the clue’s in his username, mark but happy to be corrected. Agree that his English is good.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

His English is excellent and not uncommon that people whose first language is not English but can speak it better than the street slang commonly spoken by what we pass off as good British offspring these days.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Extinction Rebellion are going to disrupt the Tube today.

That just seems plain crazy to me as surely they want people to use public transport rather than their cars.

I am sure people dahn that Lahndan must be heartily sick of these people by now.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

THEORY of evoltion.
THEORY of relativity.
THEORY of gravity.

Climate change settled scientific FACT.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Roddy wrote:THEORY of evoltion.
THEORY of relativity.
THEORY of gravity.

Climate change settled scientific FACT.
Do you not think evolution is a fact?