Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:00 am I'm shocked. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

Erm... did you read the article.

Their goal is to get the government to insulate social housing.

As the article points out.
The group infuriated motorists three times last week by blocking the M25 in a bid to put pressure on the Government to pay for all social housing to be fully insulated.

Mr Norton's property is owned by a housing association.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

He needs to get a job then he can pay for the insulation himself, like the rest of us have to, instead of asking me to pay for it.

There one million job vacancies in the UK at the moment, surely one will suit.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 pm He needs to get a job then he can pay for the insulation himself, like the rest of us have to, instead of asking me to pay for it.

There one million job vacancies in the UK at the moment, surely one will suit.
He's has a job, he lives in social housing which typically doesn't allow you to install double glazing and cavity wall insulation, his protest is about the lack of insulation in social housing.

This is all outlined in the article you linked, but apparently didn't read.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The Housing Association that owns his house does allow tenants to insulate their properties and also provides details of how to get a grant for it
There's no poem, just prose.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:32 pm The Housing Association that owns his house does allow tenants to insulate their properties and also provides details of how to get a grant for it
Exactly. A massive case of hypocrisy.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:40 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:32 pm The Housing Association that owns his house does allow tenants to insulate their properties and also provides details of how to get a grant for it
  • Man lives in uninsulated rented accommodation that he's not allowed to insultate.
  • Man protests that the government doesn't mandate insulation for social housing.
  • Zambo calls him a hypocritic because his rented house isn't insulated.

Forum logic at its finest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

How the hell are they not immediately arrested and locked up for walking on to the motorway.

Imagine if some poor motorist had run them over, they'd be scarred for life.

These clowns are pure narcissists.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm
  • Man lives in uninsulated rented accommodation that he's not allowed to insultate.
  • Man protests that the government doesn't mandate insulation for social housing.

Most definitely a massive hypocrite as well as scum for encouraging people to delay visits to hospitals with one at least ends up by having a massive stroke. It is difficult to understand how anyone would encourage donations to people like that.

and....Housing association tenants can apply for the following energy efficiency improvement grants: Housing association tenants can apply for the following energy efficiency improvement grants: Cavity wall insulation grants (LPG, oil, solid fuel or electric properties only) ... Room in Roof Insulation

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Most definitely a massive hypocrite as well as scum for encouraging people to delay visits to hospitals with one at least ends up by having a massive stroke. It is difficult to understand how anyone would encourage donations to people like that.

and....Housing association tenants can apply for the following energy efficiency improvement grants: Housing association tenants can apply for the following energy efficiency improvement grants: Cavity wall insulation grants (LPG, oil, solid fuel or electric properties only) ... Room in Roof Insulation
He doesn't have shared ownership there isn't eligible for a grant and is not allowed to rip out his windows.

I'd not thought of donating to Insultate Britain, but I've dropped them a few pounds.

https://www.insulatebritain.com/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:08 pm

He doesn't have shared ownership there isn't eligible for a grant and is not allowed to rip out his windows.

I'd not thought of donating to Insultate Britain, but I've dropped them a few pounds.

Insulate Britain is an offshoot of Extinction Rebellion.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm How the hell are they not immediately arrested and locked up for walking on to the motorway.

I agree with the danger of a driver running them over, it's the same reason I don't agree with people running on railway tracks and airfields. There is a World of difference with someone walking onto a Zebra crossing then sitting down and, as we've seen on video, people running into traffic on the motorway.

UK policing for protests is typically excellent and I'd go to a far to say World-leading. My experience they don't want to arrest you up to the point they get a section 14 which pretty much allows them to arrest you on the spot.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:11 pm
Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Insulate Britain is an offshoot of Extinction Rebellion.
I didn't know giving money to Labour meant you're were secretly giving money to the LibDems because it was partly founded by ex-Labour members .... who knew :rolleyes:

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:15 pm
Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm How the hell are they not immediately arrested and locked up for walking on to the motorway.

I agree with the danger of a driver running them over, it's the same reason I don't agree with people running on railway tracks and airfields. There is a World of difference with someone walking onto a Zebra crossing then sitting down and, as we've seen on video, people running into traffic on the motorway.

UK policing for protests is typically excellent and I'd go to a far to say World-leading. My experience they don't want to arrest you up to the point they get a section 14 which pretty much allows them to arrest you on the spot.
I'm not sure why you're donating to these oddballs then.

How much money do you need to go and sit on the motorway anyway.

I suppose fuel prices for transport aren't cheap these days.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Because I support the underlying issues.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:45 pm
Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Because I support the underlying issues.
Obviously regardless of the misery and serious issues their action is causing. They are fucking themselves up the ass anyway, a peaceful process without major inconvenience and misery to others would have obtained much more sympathy.

Having said that, it's going to make fuck all difference.