In-depth debate on all topical issues
paolo

Re: Turkey

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:You fucked off to Canada. What do you care?

apart from gobbing off in a gutless manner, harbouring dangerous views and failing completely to back up anything you say......what do you care?

Just makes me laugh that you're always ranting about what goes on in the UK when you fucked off and don't even live there.

apart from being gutless and failing to have the courage of your convictions, your inane bitterness always shines through

I live in three countries...and had the bottle to follow my beliefs

let's pretend, just to humour you, that i m not british, don't live in the uk, don't live in europe and that i am a canadian.....should i not have an opinion about the uk?

most queer, as you seem to have opinions about countries that you don't live in.....i look forward to your abject failure to explain that one...

i hated the road the uk was going down....i knew that it wouldn't change and would get worse due to people with the same mentality as you

so i took the plunge and put my money where my mouth is

you were found out a good while ago...but you simply don't see it

You've written that same rambling post umpteen times now.
I'll try to have some 'bottle' and reply to one of your points.
Yes, I comment on things going on in other countries, but it's not like I lived there then disappeared to live elsewhere.
You are British (presumably?), and now live in Canada. So, you jumped ship and decided to live somewhere else.
That's fine. But by doing that, it weakens your argument when you claim to get so het up about what's going on in the UK, when it doesn't really affect you.
But if I've got any of that wrong, paolo, please correct me (genuinely).

ok, i'll correct you

i write about your lack of bottle due to your infamy in writing things, then simply not being able to back them up...it's your modus operandi

Are you saying that you can comment on other countries, and your comment has more gravitas because you remained in the uk? I am not quite sure what you mean here...I live in three countries, including the uk....i live most of my time outside of the uk (but i am presuming you're ok with me paying tax in the uk?)...I have lived in six countries....i must like travelling....

you're stating that my argument about things goin on in or that affect the uk is somehow weakened because i don't spend the majority of my time in the uk? Can you elaborate on how that logic works?...i felt so strongly about what was going on in the uk that i followed the courage of my convictions and made changes, and not easy changes....that's how appalled i was and it was mainly due to attitudes like yours

but your point where you can comment on other countries....but my comment, if regarding the uk, has less gravitas because i lived there and then left for most of the time....

do we have equal weight in our arguments commenting on countries we have both never lived in or visited?

presuming you haven't visited botswana, do your comments on botswana hold more weight than my comments on the uk?

I am curious as to how your logic works
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote:you're stating that my argument about things goin on in or that affect the uk is somehow weakened because i don't spend the majority of my time in the uk? Can you elaborate on how that logic works?

Certainly, paolo.
I don't know how many months a year you live in the UK, but it's hardly any, then yes, I do believe that your argument is weakened.
Here's an example: take Fred and Joan, a nice couple who live in Benidorm. They spend 11 months a year there, sitting on the beach, having the occasional full English, reading the Daily Mail etc, then they pop back to the UK for a few weeks to see family and friends.

They rant endlessly about what's going in the UK, but it doesn't really affect them, does it?
They live in Spain, not the UK, and have moved out there for good.
So increased immigration to the UK doesn't affect them, the rise and fall of house prices doesn't affect them, but they get so worked up about it, even though it doesn't affect their lives, or their quality of life, one bit.

Obviously, it's possible to empathise with what is going on in other countries eg famines/disasters in other countries, because nobody would want that, but that's a different thing. When you lived somewhere then move to a different country, it's a bit odd to keep banging on about what's going on in a country you left behind.

Does that make sense?
WOKE AND PROUD

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

paolo wrote:as it's thanksgiving today

we must also blame trump for what turkey does

- Expel Turkey from NATO
- Expel Turkish Ambassador
- Annul Trade Agreement with Turkey
- No visa for Turkish citizens anymore
- Boycott Turkish products and airlines
- Cancel Schengen Treaty and reintroduce national border control and immigration policy

It's remarkable how easily and quickly you consume the alt view , despite reality.
It may well be that we should do some of the things you list but let's be clear....
Trump's actions, which were taken without reference to his advisers or his military, shamefully leaves the Kurds at the mercy of the Turks and will cause thousands of ISIS fighters to be released. It was completely predictable how Turkey would react.They have been condemned by every decent government.
Despite that he has made it worse in the last 24 hours.
He is stupid, reckless and arrogant. And way, way out of his depth.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

What did the Kurds do at Normandy?
A joyless arsehole.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

It’s unlikely that many, if any Kurds made it to Normandy, but some did serve on the Allied side in WW2
Kurds served as part of the Iraq Levies who were involved in the counter-offensive to the Nazi-backed Iraqi coup of 1941.
Trump wouldn’t have known this as it was before the USA joined us.

Later in the war they served by guarding of the RAF bases in Iraq.
There are suggestions, uncheckable, that some may have served in the Soviet forces.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Allow a genocide to own the libs.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Shameful.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I'm sure Hillary would have been much better in this crisis.

We could be at war with Russia as well as China with Turkey thrown in for good measure.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:I'm sure Hillary would have been much better in this crisis.

We could be at war with Russia as well as China with Turkey thrown in for good measure.

That’s what Trump promised to be fair and then bottled it when he realised the US would be fucked militarily and economically so told the Kurds with about an hours notice that he would abandon them. :roll: I appreciate you’re a bit behind developments like about three years. Take your time, you’ll get there eventually. Well we hope you will.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Pathetic whataboutery
A joyless arsehole.

Hillman avenger

Oh just FUCK OFF

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:

Oh just FUCK OFF

Powerful stuff, but lost without an exclamation mark acting on behalf of the missing full stop and the double space just after the first word.

I hope we don't get onto more complex statements.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Turkey got a great point this evening with a 1-1 draw in Paris. Looking good for qualification from Group H.

So not all destructive news from Ankara.
Dieu Le Roi.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Hillman avenger wrote:

Oh just FUCK OFF

Top debating there ! :smt023
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Hillman avenger

I thought I'd make you feel at home.
Try reading what utter shite he posted.
Just how desperate do you be to defend this spectacular cretin like that?
Once again he has acted without advice and demonstrated his complete lack of grasp of the issues. Now rather than have the integrity to say he got it wrong, he is begging Turkey not do do what it was 100% clear they would do.
And he is sending Pence to talk to them, FFS.