The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

Post by Zambo »

Some people will just not accept defeat. Apparently Labour didn't win, because voters were brainwashed by the right wing press. :D

Nope, Labour didn't win because their leader was a left wing extremist and an anti Semitic tramp, and their policies and manifesto were radical, archaic, fantasy, damaging, and crap. So suck it up.

What was rather pleasing as well, was this was another kick up the arse for whining Remainers, including that vile cunt Bercow, who did their best to sabotoage a democratic vote, and the will of the people, thinking they know better and what is good for us.

Well that's 2-0 now, you only need another 3 referendums to take the lead. :lol:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Shocked Caroline Flint lost her seat. I liked her a lot. Fucking Corbyn and his Trot chums stitched-up some decent people and good MPs. Fucking cunt of a man.

Did anyone hear Gina Miller on LBC this morning? I had to go out and missed it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Steve Hunt wrote:A of the 18 MPs who defected in the last Parliament and then stood again for this one failed to be re-elected to the House of Commons.

Liberal Democrat Losers

Angela Smith
Chuka Umunna
Phillip Lee
Luciana Berger
Sarah Wollaston
Antoinette Sandbach
Sam Gyimah

Independent Losers

Frank Field - the only loss to Parliament, imo
David Gauke
Dominic Grieve
Anne Milton
Chris Williamson (Lost deposit)
Ivan Lewis (Lost deposit)
Gavin Shuker
Roger Godsiff

The Independent Group Losers

Anna Soubry
Mike Gapes
Chris Leslie

Interesting post Steve. Gratifying too. I was going to look that up but ,presuming you got it right, which I'm sure you did, you saved me the trouble.
I've been saying here for a long time that those who tried to cheat democracy would pay as soon as the electorate got their say
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:A lot of people that voted ukip switched to conservatives this time around as they know they'll get brexit done. Even BNP supporters would have voted Tory as they are more right wing these days.

Who’s BNP? They were busted over a decade ago.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Sturgeon harassing Johnson for 2nd Scottish referendum already. Is that even in the top 100 on his list. Stop squeaking you silly woman, going on having a bigger mandate. Who from, not those who would vote.

'A clear majority of Scots would vote to "remain" in the UK if there was another referendum on independence, according to a new poll'.

She's still got a massive job trying to convince the people that they would be better off outside the UK, she should be concentrating on that instead of dripping on. Change the fucking record.

Yes, 56% of Scots want to stay part of the UK, apparently, so more than at the last vote.
I can see why she's banging on about it, because it's her job.
But even if they did get independence, they'd still have to join the EU from scratch, which would take a fair old while (and I presume they'd have to satisfy various economic conditions first?) They'd be mad to go independent, anyway.
WOKE AND PROUD

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:A lot of people that voted ukip switched to conservatives this time around as they know they'll get brexit done. Even BNP supporters would have voted Tory as they are more right wing these days.

Who’s BNP? They were busted over a decade ago.

Talking of old parties the Social Democrats are still about.....as a minor party having adopted the name of the old Two Davids and Shirley
third party after it was jettisoned by what is now the Lib Dems. Looking a bit right-wing as well.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sturgeon is delusional. The way she reacted on TV was as shameful as it was embarrassing, jumping around like a football fan. She wants Scotland to leave the UK, then join the EU. Well, it takes 5 years to join the EU and only if all member states vote for it. Spain will never vote for that. As for the way Dianne Abbott reacted to the news that Jo Swinson lost her seat ... again, fucking shameful. What is wrong with these women? They seem so fucking angry and nasty.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

46% of Scotland voted SNP compared to 43% in England for the Tories.

Swinson losing her seat was the highlight of the night for me. A nasty, nasty party with nasty campaigners.

The SNP have won every single election in Scotland since 2011. I am doubtful if a referendum would win right now, but a vote yesterday was a vote for having one. And the SNP got their vote out by a long margin. Every single Tory landover sign and leaflet in Scotland had "NO 2 INDYREF 2" everywhere. Their only election stragedy and it didn't work.

Sub, Sub using one poll. The polls are pretty much 50-50 for staying or leaving the UK, I´ll even give you 51-49% against it right now. The Tories are shit feart of giving us another vote, beause we might well win it considering the diretion England is going, we would get enough soft unionists to vote for it and give it a go - better than having to be dragged along by a right wing English and Welsh direction.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

The SNP want a speedy independence ref because they know that a successful outcome to brexit will mean the end to their anti-english dreams.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

birdie

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:Sturgeon harassing Johnson for 2nd Scottish referendum already. Is that even in the top 100 on his list. Stop squeaking you silly woman, going on having a bigger mandate. Who from, not those who would vote.

'A clear majority of Scots would vote to "remain" in the UK if there was another referendum on independence, according to a new poll'.

She's still got a massive job trying to convince the people that they would be better off outside the UK, she should be concentrating on that instead of dripping on. Change the fucking record.

Yes, 56% of Scots want to stay part of the UK, apparently, so more than at the last vote.
I can see why she's banging on about it, because it's her job.
But even if they did get independence, they'd still have to join the EU from scratch, which would take a fair old while (and I presume they'd have to satisfy various economic conditions first?) They'd be mad to go independent, anyway.

Isn't that what she denies? I seem to recall hearing her say that because Scotland was already in as part of the UK, and Scotland hasn't asked to leave, Scotland remains in the EU. an assertion that the EU and the PM have said isn't correct, She also seemed to think that Scotland could continue to use the £ sterling and for that currency to be backed by the Bank of England.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Tell you who played a blinder ... Tom Watson. He knew. Oh and has anyone seen Len McKlusky (sp?), usually up the front spouting Leftie bollocks.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

If Labour had voted for May's deal, we'd have had a soft brexit, the Tory party would have split, the Brexit party would never have existed and Johnson wouldn't be sitting on a majority of 80.

Corbyn was warned about the backlash in Leave areas, but his team thought it clever to play politics
There's no poem, just prose.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote:Sturgeon is delusional. The way she reacted on TV was as shameful as it was embarrassing, jumping around like a football fan. She wants Scotland to leave the UK, then join the EU. Well, it takes 5 years to join the EU and only if all member states vote for it. Spain will never vote for that. As for the way Dianne Abbott reacted to the news that Jo Swinson lost her seat ... again, fucking shameful. What is wrong with these women? They seem so fucking angry and nasty.

Not sure what you expect. It’s politics after all.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:If Labour had voted for May's deal, we'd have had a soft brexit, the Tory party would have split, the Brexit party would never have existed and Johnson wouldn't be sitting on a majority of 80.

Corbyn was warned about the backlash in Leave areas, but his team thought it clever to play politics

Correct. He’s a complete tool and really couldn’t respond to the highly reported threats that lifelong Labour supporters were going to vote for Johnson. He really has fucked up Labour almost single handedly for a generation. We need a strong opposition to hold Johnson to account but that won’t happen now.

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote:Tell you who played a blinder ... Tom Watson. He knew. Oh and has anyone seen Len McKlusky(sp?), usually up the front spouting Leftie bollocks.

Exactly what Jack Straw was saying this afternoon, he also said it was due to McClusky that Labour lost the election, due to his influence that Corbyn was elected in the first place and his propping up Corbyn when Corbyn should have got shot of as leader, he wondered why McCluskey was so silent.
Now that Labour have lost, quite a few of those Labour MP;s who stayed quiet about Corbyn and McDonnel's policies have suddenly found their voices and are loudly criticising them, especially Corbyn, safe in the knowledge that come the new year he'll be gone as leader and they don't have to fear being chucked out of the Party by disagreeing with him.
Also the most of them, and political commentators, say that Corbyn should have resigned as leader this morning instead of hanging on until 'early in the new yhear.

Discussing McCluskey just now on the BBC news channel, seems that McClusky is distancing himself, saying that the policies were wrong.
Last edited by birdie on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it