New Zealand volcano disaster

In-depth debate on all topical issues
theleader82

New Zealand volcano disaster

Post by theleader82 »

Sad news for those holidaymakers. You’d think they would have technology to tell if it’s aboit to blow otherwise surely it’s too much of a risk to visit. A modern day Pompeii. It’s too dangerous to search for any survivors
Man U and rangers

beingsoblase

Re: New Zealand volcano disaster

Post by beingsoblase »

Scientists did try to warn people about activity at the volcano, because they actually do have the technology to detect this sort of thing.

They were simply ignored.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:You’d think they would have technology to tell if it’s aboit to blow otherwise surely it’s too much of a risk to visit. A modern day Pompeii. It’s too dangerous to search for any survivors

Thanks for that.
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Quite amazed the authorities (maritime?) weren't closely monitoring the bods who were taking tourists back and fourth to this 'island'. I mean, I don't blame someone who has a boat wanting to make some cash by taking people to see the rock, but surely it should have been regulated somehow? Of course, seismic activity monitoring isn't an exact science is it. Visiting an active volcano is always going to be a risk. That's partly why it is alluring for people. The tourists took a gamble and they lost, but I can't help wondering what their decision would have been if they had have known there was a heightened risk of eruption. Maybe they did know and that's why they went? Lawsuits? Can one sue a volcano? Who knows. More later, tune in. Sivven-fifty-sivven.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Let's go to a deserted live volcano island, what could possibly go wrong.

There must have been a process for this type excursion to happen to allow the public to visit this place. I would have loved to see the risk assessment.

What's next, let's have a tourist excursion to the ruins of Chernobyl, what could possibly go wrong.
Godwin's law

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote:Can one sue a volcano?
You can't sue anyone for damages in NZ. Full story on the DigitalSpy volcano thread.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

tbf, our whole planet is just one giant volcano isn't it. It's not anyone's fault. FAULT. Gettit??! FAULT! ahaha ... Michael 'unfunny cunt' McIntyre can have that one for free. :P
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Can Micheals "AHAHAHA" Mackintyres have your "barnet fair" for free also MeinCarc? He needs to do-over that wobbly chinese helmet
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

carcinogen wrote:tbf, our whole planet is just one giant volcano isn't it. It's not anyone's fault. FAULT. Gettit??! FAULT! ahaha ... Michael 'unfunny cunt' McIntyre can have that one for free. :P

They won’t have to pay for a cremation I suppose
Man U and rangers

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

carcinogen wrote:Quite amazed the authorities (maritime?) weren't closely monitoring the bods who were taking tourists back and fourth to this 'island'. I mean, I don't blame someone who has a boat wanting to make some cash by taking people to see the rock, but surely it should have been regulated somehow? Of course, seismic activity monitoring isn't an exact science is it. Visiting an active volcano is always going to be a risk. That's partly why it is alluring for people. The tourists took a gamble and they lost, but I can't help wondering what their decision would have been if they had have known there was a heightened risk of eruption. Maybe they did know and that's why they went? Lawsuits? Can one sue a volcano? Who knows. More later, tune in. Sivven-fifty-sivven.

:dart:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:Sad news for those holidaymakers. You’d think they would have technology to tell if it’s aboit to blow otherwise surely it’s too much of a risk to visit. A modern day Pompeii. It’s too dangerous to search for any survivors

A modern day Pompeii? Only five people were killed with four people lost on a small island FFS. It’s hardly the eradication of an entire civilisation.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:tbf, our whole planet is just one giant volcano isn't it. It's not anyone's fault. FAULT. Gettit??! FAULT! ahaha ... Michael 'unfunny cunt' McIntyre can have that one for free. :P

What happens if the families believe in burials.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:

What happens if the families believe in burials.

I think they were buried alive weren't they? Under the ash? Or were they burnt to death first? Hopefully it was quick. Sounds quite painful. :(

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Some of the people rescued couldn’t be recognised according to reports and have been taken to special hospitals in Australia
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:Some of the people rescued couldn’t be recognised according to reports and have been taken to special hospitals in Australia

Couldn’t they be identified by dental records or DNA? If they had been incinerated then there would have been nothing to identify, Shirley?