Be clear what you are voting for tomorrow

In-depth debate on all topical issues
delboy1983

Re: Be clear what you are voting for tomorrow

Post by delboy1983 »

These are all your opinions, predictions and forebodings Hillman and whilst you are entitled to them others are entitled to theirs.
All will come out in the wash and you will be able to say I told you so or hide under your bed.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Reg wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Reg wrote:I understand the argument about having a responsibility to vote, but there is no one standing in my constituency that I can support, so I won’t be voting.

I can well imagine.

A bunch of smarmy well rehearsed salesmen types all looking to get themselves on the gravy train and line their pockets while delivering fuck all bar party approved soundbites.

Best suggestion I can make is to go to the local constituency office of your current incumbent and hoof a brick straight through the front window with 'none of the above written on it' but not in your own handwriting.

The irony is, I was actively involved in politics and trade unions for a large part of my life, so I am far from the stereotypical non-voter, and no one could say to me, “Well if you don’t like it, do something about it.”

I did try to do something about it, and made considerable sacrifices to do so.

The working class of this country deserves better than what is on offer, and that is why I’m not voting.

Good stuff Reg.
I never doubted your credentials for a minute. Sadly those bona fide credentials do not align with current politicians who are pretending to value them.

I espouse them more than they do but it's lost in the fog of being called far right, which is now what some lefties like you are now being called yourself if you happen to support certain policies other than blokes wearing skirts and mass uncontrolled immigration - right up until your old fashioned voice is eventually drowned out.

I think my old mate Roy Twing is a former staunch Labourite who has defected for the same reason :D.

Politics is completely fucked in this country by design of those who are controlling it.

Eventually the only consistent government will be a one world plutocratic one which couldn't care less about your principles and life will eventually resemble the end point of a game of Monopoly until the reset button is pressed.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Hillman avenger wrote:
birdie wrote:With all respect to the OP, go forth and multiply mate, I don't need you to tell me how to vote. got it?

Your post implies what we are all imbeciles, we are not, now, why don't you stand at the next election as an Independent, then I might even consider your viewpoint seriously.

I didn't tell you how to vote.
I said think through the consequences.

You were telling us what we wouldn't get if we voted Tory, that is telling us vote for someone else, at a guess, Labour, so yes, you were telling us how to vote, I suggest you read through your own post but do take off your blinkers first, or your rose tinted spectacles.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Reg

Post by Reg »

m4rkb wrote:
Reg wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Reg wrote:I understand the argument about having a responsibility to vote, but there is no one standing in my constituency that I can support, so I won’t be voting.

I can well imagine.

A bunch of smarmy well rehearsed salesmen types all looking to get themselves on the gravy train and line their pockets while delivering fuck all bar party approved soundbites.

Best suggestion I can make is to go to the local constituency office of your current incumbent and hoof a brick straight through the front window with 'none of the above written on it' but not in your own handwriting.

The irony is, I was actively involved in politics and trade unions for a large part of my life, so I am far from the stereotypical non-voter, and no one could say to me, “Well if you don’t like it, do something about it.”

The working class of this country deserves better than what is on offer, and that is why I’m not voting.

Good stuff Reg.
I never doubted your credentials for a minute. Sadly those bona fide credentials do not align with current politicians who are pretending to value them.

I espouse them more than they do but it's lost in the fog of being called far right, which is now what some lefties like you are now being called yourself if you happen to support certain policies other than blokes wearing skirts and mass uncontrolled immigration - right up until your old fashioned voice is eventually drowned out.

I think my old mate Roy Twing is a former staunch Labourite who has defected for the same reason :D.

Politics is completely fucked in this country by design of those who are controlling it.

Eventually the only consistent government will be a one world plutocratic one which couldn't care less about your principles and life will eventually resemble the end point of a game of Monopoly until the reset button is pressed.

Just to be clear...

I’m not anti-immigration.

I was defending individuals against deportation and opposing (at times physically in very violent situations) racism long before it became the Jim White style orthodoxy.

Ditto gay rights and women’s rights in the days when it wasn’t popular at all.

I am not an old-style Labourite. I detest the Labour Party. The only thing it has ever done is sabotage strikes, impose wage restraints, etc, etc. In short, it has always done the Tories’ dirty work.

Now it is worse than ever. A middle-class collective of identity politics fuckwits, and a bunch of anti-semites that the rest of them turn a blind eye to.

* Breathes out *

I feel better now. :)
Roy IN!!

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Reg wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Reg wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

I can well imagine.

Good stuff Reg.

Just to be clear...

I’m not anti-immigration.

I was defending individuals against deportation and opposing (at times physically in very violent situations) racism long before it became the Jim White style orthodoxy.

Ditto gay rights and women’s rights in the days when it wasn’t popular at all.

I am not an old-style Labourite. I detest the Labour Party. The only thing it has ever done is sabotage strikes, impose wage restraints, etc, etc. In short, it has always done the Tories’ dirty work.

Now it is worse than ever. A middle-class collective of identity politics fuckwits, and a bunch of anti-semites that the rest of them turn a blind eye to.

* Breathes out *

I feel better now. :)

Get it off your chest mate. A lot of that I agree with , but not from the mouths of current Labour as they are frauds.

'A middle-class collective of identity politics fuckwits' sums them up perfectly. :box:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:...can't be bothered reading the rest of his nonsense, but hope that helps

Absolutely, thank you.
You can't be bothered to read an opinion that isn't the same as yours, let alone add any kind of critique, yet you're happy to dismiss it.
People with closed minds shouldn't be allowed to vote, simple as that :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:...can't be bothered reading the rest of his nonsense, but hope that helps

Absolutely, thank you.
You can't be bothered to read an opinion that isn't the same as yours, let alone add any kind of critique, yet you're happy to dismiss it.
People with closed minds shouldn't be allowed to vote, simple as that :rolleyes:

Rules out Hilllers !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Same.

For me, it ultimately comes down to a dishonest charlatan or an anti-semitic conspiracy peddling crank who is a threat to national security.

No thank you.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zippy wrote:

Same.

For me, it ultimately comes down to a dishonest charlatan or an anti-semitic conspiracy peddling crank who is a threat to national security.

No thank you.

Please consider making the effort and spoiling your vote.

I used to get a thrill writing 'none of the above' or just 'fuck off' on the ballot paper. Yeah, it's meaningless in the end but while we still have the right to choose, we still have the right to actively refuse to choose.
Maybe...probably...sometime soon we will have neither.

I don't like them to be able to deliberately confuse disgust with apathy and laziness.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Same.

No thank you.

Please consider making the effort and spoiling your vote.

I used to get a thrill writing 'none of the above' or just 'fuck off' on the ballot paper. Yeah, it's meaningless in the end but while we still have the right to choose, we still have the right to actively refuse to choose.
Maybe...probably...sometime soon we will have neither.

I don't like them to be able to deliberately confuse disgust with apathy and laziness.

Was thinking of doing that this time.

Have to be careful what you write, though, because I have been at counts, and seen the shameless bastards try to claim that spoilt papers contain a reference to their own manifesto.
Roy IN!!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I'm white, own my own home and have more than a grand in bank. 3 good reasons to be absolutely terrified of a Labour Government.

Please vote Conservative today . Thanks.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:I'm white, own my own home and have more than a grand in bank. 3 good reasons to be absolutely terrified of a Labour Government

Why should white people, specifically, be terrified of a Labour government?
What a bizarre comment.
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Please vote Conservative today

Er, no.
WOKE AND PROUD

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

It genuinely doesn't matter who I will vote for as the labour candidate always has, and will no doubt win this time too.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

paolo

Post by paolo »

vote corbyn

the damage is already done

it's irreversible

vote him in, and just sit back and watch
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

birdie

Post by birdie »

beingsoblase wrote:It genuinely doesn't matter who I will vote for as the labour candidate always has, and will no doubt win this time too.

That is the dilemma many others have too, although I am in a marginal, less than 400 votes in it last time, it's gone from a majority of nearly 15,000 in the late 70's to less than 400. although the demographic has changed considerably since the 70's.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it