Be clear what you are voting for tomorrow

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: Be clear what you are voting for tomorrow

Post by m4rkb »

I'm afraid you're getting confused between a reply in great detail and a load of utter claptrap.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Hillman avenger wrote:As usual no-one with the intellect or the balls to answer the points I made.
Just the usual collection of abuse and what-aboutery.
I am quite prepared, indeed would like, to hear some arguments that I am wrong. Because the scenario I describe scares the shit out of me.
In the mean time, reflect on who you are rewarding today.
In November Johnathan Wood who runs a Cayman-registered hedge fund ( which profits from our economic collapse) gave the Tories £500m.
Yan Huo gave them £200m.Another Caymans outfit. Still he can afford it, what with him paying himself £100m a year.
David Harding of the Winton Group £200k
Michael Farmer of "Red Kite" £100k.
Roger Carlsson of "futures trading " group FCT.
All of them deep in the kind of speculation which produced 2008, but which they and Johnson have managed to pin on the Labour party. Despite government borrowing NOW being higher than then.
And a handy donation from KPMG, the auditors who brought you Carillion.
On 28 November the Tories proclaimed how Labour had a "war chest" of £3.4m . Later that day it slipped out that the Tories fund was £8.6m. See above.
All this presided over by Ehud Sheleg . Guess where he is from?
In 2011 the Tories relaxed the rules on Russians getting citizenship here. Which means that Russians giving them donations are UK citizens. So that's OK then.

Hi,

Could you substantiate the Wood 500m donation, please?

Below is data from the Electoral Commission show total donations over the last ten years, a total of ~£482m.

The break down of those numbers are:

Tory: £268m
Labour: £231m
LibDems: £67

In the last two years the Tories, Labour and LibDems have pulled in - £35m, £13m and $7m.

The Wood donation would have been more than total donations for all parties over the last decade.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Nice bit of work there vespa.

So in summary, a load of cobblers then.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Do not expect a retraction
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I can't be bothered to pander to someone who rarely returns the courtesy.

But Hillman always replies to you in great detail.
I note that you're not doing the same, and I think we all know why that is…

tbh, I think that anyone who starts a thread 'be clear what you are voting for tomorrow' deserves all of the contempt and shit they get.

It reeks of superiority and arrogance, and it's patronising in the extreme. It suggests that people who have decided to vote, need to be told by Hillman that they should read what he says, as they are too thick to make their own informed decision.

I could be wrong, but that could well be why there are no replies in great detail.

A bit like those who are were as thick as shit to vote to leave the EU, ruining the lives of the whole nation. :rolleyes:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I can't be bothered to pander to someone who rarely returns the courtesy.

But Hillman always replies to you in great detail.
I note that you're not doing the same, and I think we all know why that is…

If you paid attention rather than just trying to strawman all the time, you'd have realised that for the great majority of the time he does not 'reply' - he either makes proclamations, doesn't bother to reply at all, or pretends he hasn't seen a post at all (hence his nickname 'horatio').
But you aren't interested in explanations are you, strawman-finder general?

NB - however, please feel free to expand on why you "think we all know why that is…" - unlike you & hillman, I always try to reply to direct questions directly.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

delboy1983 wrote:Do not expect a retraction

Indeed - vespa's response is exactly the type that horatio would usually ignore and pretend didn't happen (it illustrates my above point perfectly) - maybe this time, as he's under the spotlight, he may feel obliged to do so.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Fear not. A reply in great detail is being penned as we speak.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Vespa wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:As usual no-one with the intellect or the balls to answer the points I made.
I am quite prepared, indeed would like, to hear some arguments that I am wrong. Because the scenario I describe scares the shit out of me.
In November Johnathan Wood who runs a Cayman-registered hedge fund ( which profits from our economic collapse) gave the Tories £500m.
Yan Huo gave them £200m.Another Caymans outfit. Still he can afford it, what with him paying himself £100m a year.
All of them deep in the kind of speculation which produced 2008, but which they and Johnson have managed to pin on the Labour party. Despite government borrowing NOW being higher than then.
On 28 November the Tories proclaimed how Labour had a "war chest" of £3.4m . Later that day it slipped out that the Tories fund was £8.6m. See above.
In 2011 the Tories relaxed the rules on Russians getting citizenship here. Which means that Russians giving them donations are UK citizens. So that's OK then.

Hi,

Below is data from the Electoral Commission show total donations over the last ten years, a total of ~£482m.

In the last two years the Tories, Labour and LibDems have pulled in - £35m, £13m and $7m.

The Wood donation would have been more than total donations for all parties over the last decade.

This week's Private Eye
It's my typo. It's a mere £500k so clearly not likely to influence democracy eh?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zippy wrote:Beats voting for a fringe, anti-semitic crank, to be fair.

Yep. I will never vote Labour. Labour used to be the party for the working class, but, heartbreakingly, not anymore. Now it is the party for affluent celebrities, the comfortable 'Bloomsbury Set' middle class, anti-Semites, deluded students and militant public sector workers – particularly within the NHS – and those who vote for them, as Douglas Murray explains, for 'tribal reasons'*, because they always have, like their parents and grandparents before them.
Jeremy Corbyn will lose this election and every effort should be put into ensuring that he loses it big: that what happens on Thursday is not just a defeat, but a defeat of such crushing totality for the Labour party that it takes it years to recover. It should be such a defeat that it is not possible for a Keir Starmer or Emily Thornberry to simply pick up the reins and go back to business as usual. Other left-wing parties may emerge and flourish. But the Labour party must never be forgiven for what it has offered to the public at this election. What Corbyn has brought into the mainstream has toxified Britain and the party that allowed it to happen should be held to account.

–Douglas Murray
*Source: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/l ... -forgiven/

The Sick Rose
By William Blake

O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

lambrini wrote:
Zippy wrote:Beats voting for a fringe, anti-semitic crank, to be fair.

Yep. I will never vote Labour. Labour used to be the party for the working class, but, heartbreakingly, not anymore. Now it is the party for affluent celebrities, the comfortable 'Bloomsbury Set' middle class, anti-Semites, deluded students and militant public sector workers – particularly within the NHS – and those who vote for them, as Douglas Murray explains, for 'tribal reasons'*, because they always have, like their parents and grandparents before them.
Jeremy Corbyn will lose this election and every effort should be put into ensuring that he loses it big: that what happens on Thursday is not just a defeat, but a defeat of such crushing totality for the Labour party that it takes it years to recover. It should be such a defeat that it is not possible for a Keir Starmer or Emily Thornberry to simply pick up the reins and go back to business as usual. Other left-wing parties may emerge and flourish. But the Labour party must never be forgiven for what it has offered to the public at this election. What Corbyn has brought into the mainstream has toxified Britain and the party that allowed it to happen should be held to account.

–Douglas Murray
*Source: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/l ... -forgiven/

The Sick Rose
By William Blake

O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

Very nicely put.
This is just the latest incarnation of a political party that hasn't been fit for purpose since the 70, - it just takes some of us longer than others to realise it, - in my case, it was around 15 years ago, when the realisation dawned that I'd not only been voting for a party that was morally no better than the tories, but was also a bunch of war-mongers, not forgetting that they chose to covertly inflict multiculturalism and mass immigration upon us.*
I vowed then that I'd never vote that despicable party again, - and they are now clearly even worse, impossible as that seems.

*Almost forgot to mention that they also always leave the country worse off economically when they are eventually booted out.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Still no reasons given for committing economic suicide,

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Vespa wrote:

Hi,

This week's Private Eye
It's my typo. It's a mere £500k so clearly not likely to influence democracy eh?

As good as it gets !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Hillman avenger

So as it's only £500k that's OK is it?
And the rest?
And the Russian money?
The naivety is remarkable.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The real Labour Party died along with John Smith.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.