Private medicine

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Private medicine

Post by Hillman avenger »

I know of two people who had procedures privately that had to be put right in the NHS.
In one case the person is now on lifetime medication as a result of the mistakes made.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:I know of two people who had procedures privately that had to be put right in the NHS.
In one case the person is now on lifetime medication as a result of the mistakes made.

I know more than two people who had ops on the NHS and it's fucked them up for life. They nearly got me as well with a botched appendectomy. Again I ask what's your point?

You scold people who you claim put all the bad eggs in one basket, yet here you are showing your prejudice on this one.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Who puts it right when the NHS makes a cock up ? I mean, that happens a lot more than it does with proper paid for medicine.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:I know of two people who had procedures privately that had to be put right in the NHS.

I know more than two people who had ops on the NHS and it's fucked them up for life. They nearly got me as well with a botched appendectomy. Again I ask what's your point?

You scold people who you claim put all the bad eggs in one basket, yet here you are showing your prejudice on this one.

Exactly. I was going to contrast this with the reaction to alleged Moslem abuse gangs, but I initially avoided that because I'll get accused of isms now.

Hillman avenger

Zambo wrote:

No I am challenging the assumption that private healthcare is superior.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:

No I am challenging the assumption that private healthcare is superior.

That's fair enough, but you seem to be basing your conclusion on personal experience again.

Hillman avenger

We both are.
But what started the thread was an example of wider malpractice.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:We both are.

Nope, not guilty. My point is there's good and bad in both.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Seems to me people think going into hospital to have sometimes major surgery is akin to checking into a five star luxury hotel or getting the kind of treatment a member of the Royal family gets.

It's not. There are times when you have to rough it a bit to get the treatment which is usually always there. Everyone I know puts up with it. Certainly the older generation do as they have seen proper hard times in the past.

Hillman avenger

Zambo wrote:

You gave personally-known examples
So did I

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

NO !
YOU gave an example of bad treatment in the private sector to try and prove that State medicine is brilliant. All anyone's done is point out that this isn't logical by quoting examples of similar failings in the NHS.
You're the one who was trying to prove a ( wrong) assertion , but now you're passing the ball back and forward trying to get a draw out of it !

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Clip of Zambo cutting through to the near post

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:

You gave personally-known examples
So did I

True, but I didn't form an opinion on private heathcare v nhs care. You started a thread to diss the former.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

But they would more than likely to be NHS doctors who did the original botched job.

The real scandal here is that the hospital themself wasn't liable for these operations that went wrong, relying on the doctors they contract to have the correct insurance and not doing the necessary checks to ensure that their insurance was in place.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Hillman avenger

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:

But they would more than likely to be NHS doctors who did the original botched job.

The real scandal here is that the hospital themself wasn't liable for these operations that went wrong, relying on the doctors they contract to have the correct insurance and not doing the necessary checks to ensure that their insurance was in place.

No that was not the case
In one the person simply opted for private and the other did it because of waiting time.
The hospital's job is to employ competent people in the first place and to monitor what they do. The lack of insurance is just another failure.