The Attenborough Show, (part 55)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

The Attenborough Show, (part 55)

Post by Royal24s »

National treasure and media con man David Attenborough is today heading up a new campaign on the State Broadcaster, which is featuring it high up on every truth and information bulletin .
He's saying that this is really our last chance to save the planet because we keep chopping down trees and will therefore run out of oxygen, what with the fact that trees produce all our oxygen etc.
We must act now according to him by reducing carbon dioxide before we all just suffocate.

The graphs and computer games prove it, so who am I to argue, but there is of course one small problem with all this. Trees and green plants can only produce oxygen by using carbon dioxide and sunshine. They'll actually produce it more quickly in higher temperatures of course, but they can't produce it at all without co2.
It's not entirely unreasonable then to think that a reduction of co2 must reduce the production of oxygen by trees, so there's a bit of a problem with this idea really.
Having said this, it might still work if the majority of people agree with it, because science is more to do with concensus than facts in our brave new world isn't it ?

It's all very worrying and scary that a leading tv reporter has reached these ominous conclusions I know, but I suppose we must comfort ourselves with the fact that the the volcano which erupted yesterday in the Phillipines will have produced far more co2 than Britain would in a decade and just do what we can by giving money to politicians and perhaps super glueing ourselves to trains when we have the time.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

Re: The Attenborough Show, (part 55)

Post by Hillman avenger »

Marvellous
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:Marvellous

Less fat too !

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Royal24s wrote:National treasure and media con man David Attenborough is today heading up a new campaign on the State Broadcaster, which is featuring it high up on every truth and information bulletin .
He's saying that this is really our last chance to save the planet because we keep chopping down trees and will therefore run out of oxygen, what with the fact that trees produce all our oxygen etc.
We must act now according to him by reducing carbon dioxide before we all just suffocate.

The graphs and computer games prove it, so who am I to argue, but there is of course one small problem with all this. Trees and green plants can only produce oxygen by using carbon dioxide and sunshine. They'll actually produce it more quickly in higher temperatures of course, but they can't produce it at all without co2.
It's not entirely unreasonable then to think that a reduction of co2 must reduce the production of oxygen by trees, so there's a bit of a problem with this idea really.
Having said this, it might still work if the majority of people agree with it, because science is more to do with concensus than facts in our brave new world isn't it ?

It's all very worrying and scary that a leading tv reporter has reached these ominous conclusions I know, but I suppose we must comfort ourselves with the fact that the the volcano which erupted yesterday in the Phillipines will have produced far more co2 than Britain would in a decade and just do what we can by giving money to politicians and perhaps super glueing ourselves to trains when we have the time.

Growing trees release Oxygen, dead trees release C02

Phytoplankton that live in the ocean are responsible for over half of the world's Oxygen, the ocean temperatures are rising, runoff from fertilisers are causing more nitrates to go into the ocean, corals are bleaching and that in turn affects the ecosystem of the ocean of which phytoplankton are an integral part.

This climate change scenario is a bit like your car heading toward a brick wall, some people say it will kill you. Some say that your car has crumple zones and airbags so hitting the wall isn't as bad as the first people make it out to be, because you'll probably be fine.

Smart people put on the brakes before any of that happens.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Chris Packham has been all over the meeja this week, popping-up in newspapers slagging-off some contestant on Love Island who apparently enjoys shooting animals 'for fun' (one would assume Chris will not be accepting titles from the Royal Family anytime soon). He's another one who does my head-in. Although Britain isn't perfect when it comes to environmental shit, but I like to think we do our bit. I certainly try to. He should fuck off to China and sort them out and leave us alone, I guarantee he'll be given short-shrift as would Attenborough and Greta Whatshername. We're a soft fucking touch in the country and given that TV needs all the content it can get, DA, Packham et al are indulged. Fuck off.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Royal24s wrote:National treasure and media con man David Attenborough is today heading up a new campaign on the State Broadcaster, which is featuring it high up on every truth and information bulletin .

Growing trees release Oxygen, dead trees release C02

Phytoplankton that live in the ocean are responsible for over half of the world's Oxygen, the ocean temperatures are rising, runoff from fertilisers are causing more nitrates to go into the ocean, corals are bleaching and that in turn affects the ecosystem of the ocean of which phytoplankton are an integral part.

This climate change scenario is a bit like your car heading toward a brick wall, some people say it will kill you. Some say that your car has crumple zones and airbags so hitting the wall isn't as bad as the first people make it out to be, because you'll probably be fine.

Smart people put on the brakes before any of that happens.

And sometime smart people realise that breaking is a waste of time.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:Chris Packham has been all over the meeja this week, popping-up in newspapers slagging-off some contestant on Love Island who apparently enjoys shooting animals 'for fun' (one would assume Chris will not be accepting titles from the Royal Family anytime soon). He's another one who does my head-in. Although Britain isn't perfect when it comes to environmental shit, but I like to think we do our bit. I certainly try to. He should fuck off to China and sort them out and leave us alone, I guarantee he'll be given short-shrift as would Attenborough and Greta Whatshername. We're a soft fucking touch in the country and given that TV needs all the content it can get, DA, Packham et al are indulged. Fuck off.

I used to think that Packham was a cunt, but was at the Hampton Court flower show last year, and he gave a talk on the main stage. Totally changed my mind about the bloke. Even when you don't agree with much of what some people say, you have to admire their dedication, commitment and knowledge. He was on the One Show last night, and I never usually watch that, but found myself wanting to listen.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Well now, let's have a think about this.
On one hand, we have Brother Royals, and on the other, Sir David Attenborough.
Which one of them knows more about our planet and how best to save it, I wonder?
Tough one… :-k
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Chris Packham has been all over the meeja this week, popping-up in newspapers slagging-off some contestant on Love Island who apparently enjoys shooting animals 'for fun' (one would assume Chris will not be accepting titles from the Royal Family anytime soon). He's another one who does my head-in. Although Britain isn't perfect when it comes to environmental shit, but I like to think we do our bit. I certainly try to. He should fuck off to China and sort them out and leave us alone, I guarantee he'll be given short-shrift as would Attenborough and Greta Whatshername. We're a soft fucking touch in the country and given that TV needs all the content it can get, DA, Packham et al are indulged. Fuck off.

I used to think that Packham was a cunt, but was at the Hampton Court flower show last year, and he gave a talk on the main stage. Totally changed my mind about the bloke. Even when you don't agree with much of what some people say, you have to admire their dedication, commitment and knowledge. He was on the One Show last night, and I never usually watch that, but found myself wanting to listen.

=D>
Well said, Zambo.
I find Packham a bit much at times, and I don't agree with a fair bit of what he says, but I do admire his integrity and passion.
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote:

Yes, it's the One Show where I saw him too. That's what prompted my post. I didn't agree with much of what Hitler had to say, but I admired his stand against Fox Hunting. Know what I mean? He's far too belligerent for me to take him seriously, just like Greta. Both of whom are on the spectrum. That's why I cannot wholly take either of them seriously. I do understand their condition to a point, so I do sympathize. But what you call 'dedication, commitment, and knowledge, I call an unhealthy fixation rooted in a psychiatric disorder.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Yes, it's the One Show where I saw him too. That's what prompted my post. I didn't agree with much of what Hitler had to say, but I admired his stand against Fox Hunting. Know what I mean? He's far too belligerent for me to take him seriously, just like Greta. Both of whom are on the spectrum. That's why I cannot wholly take either of them seriously. I do understand their condition to a point, so I do sympathize. But what you call 'dedication, commitment, and knowledge, I call an unhealthy fixation rooted in a psychiatric disorder.

The One Show? :|

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

The One Show? :|

Yeah, that's where Carc gets all his gonzo journalism ideas.
Keeping it real, him.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Daytime TV is bad enough but that shit is just too much to bear. TV clickbait for the mentally impaired.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Only reason to watch The One Show:

WOKE AND PROUD