Coming apart at the seams.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Petingo

Coming apart at the seams.

Post by Petingo »

Wow.

This trainwreck of a “government” was always going to run aground on the rocks somewhere along the line.

But who thought it would take so short a time?

Johnson has already lost a Chancellor and it is more than likely his Home Secretary is not going to be in the job much longer.

Johnson seems totally impotent in the face of floods and potential plague.

And he is going out of his way to provoke yet another “no deal” cliffhanger with the EU.

Sir Philip Rutnam didn’t miss and hit the wall this morning.

Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

delboy1983

Re: Coming apart at the seams.

Post by delboy1983 »

The old guard -Won't be missed
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

He probably has so much evidence that he will get a massive pay off just to keep quiet.
Godwin's law

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

It's getting harder and harder for governments to govern with this trend of government employees gathering crap on them and going to the press.

Like the tosser who listened in to Donald Trump's phone conversations this particular aresehole was collecting a generous salary to compile allegations to make against his employers but couldn't accept that it was the elected representative who called the shots rather than him.

I'd make the same point whichever party was involved because you can't get on with anything if people are going to report private conversations they don't like to the media.

What happened to the official secrets act ?

I could tell you plenty of examples of well known public figures behaving like twats in private but it wouldn't occur to anyone to do that in the past. Seems to me that this chap thinks he's too important to be given a bollocking or told what to do by anyone, but I'll bet he's done the same to his own juniors plenty of times.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

ToRmAtO wrote:He probably has so much evidence that he will get a massive pay off just to keep quiet.

Why is he suing them then for unfair dismissal.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

delboy1983 wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:He probably has so much evidence that he will get a massive pay off just to keep quiet.

The opening post gives the reason
Godwin's law

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote:It's getting harder and harder for governments to govern with this trend of government employees gathering crap on them and going to the press.
That isn't what's happened here. He has been treated like shit and in contravention of our law by the Home Secretary ( you know, who is supposed to be protecting our law).

Like the tosser who listened in to Donald Trump's phone conversations
As in, that was doing his job. He was SUPPOSED to. And when Trump realised the shit he was in, he ordered the record to be sealed, which was not justified. So the guy then sees his boss LIE about the call instead. And what Trump was doing broke the constitution. I would give him a medal, not an attack. We need MORE civil servants with bollocks, not less.

this particular aresehole was collecting a generous salary to compile allegations to make against his employers
No. To do his job, which he did.
but couldn't accept that it was the elected representative who called the shots rather than him.
If you mean the GOP in the Senate deciding to look away, he and millions of others are disgusted, no doubt.

I'd make the same point whichever party was involved because you can't get on with anything if people are going to report private conversations they don't like to the media.
It WASNT a private conversation. That is exactly the point. He can have private conversations, but when you discuss policy with the head of a foreign government where you discuss whether or not he is going to get state aid, that's an official conversation, which is supposed to be monitored and recorded. There was no eavesdropping. If an official on the call heard stuff that was against the law, it is his job to report it. In fact the guy did but his boss did nothing about it.

What happened to the official secrets act ?
And yet no doubt you thought the actions of civil servants re the Iraq dossier were justified?

I could tell you plenty of examples of well known public figures behaving like twats in private but it wouldn't occur to anyone to do that in the past.
Again, this wasn't PRIVATE. And if you want further evidence that Trump KNEW he had done wrong it was him ordering the call record to be stored as most secure. A classification not used for such conversations. It was him doing that which first alerted suspicion that there was something in there. You see, he isn't even good at being bad.
Now he sends Guliani instead to try to evade the system. Guliani is his personal lawyer, and in no shape of form should be conducting state business.

Seems to me that this chap thinks he's too important to be given a bollocking or told what to do by anyone, but I'll bet he's done the same to his own juniors plenty of times.
Trump could have cleared all this up, and made his critics look stupid, by releasing the record of the call. But he didn't. He could even have just let Congressmen hear it under confidential restrictions. But he didn't.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

He turned the big pay off down.

He says that in his statement.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Hillman avenger

They think they can do what they like and egged on by Cummings they believe that the Civil Service are the enemy.
All part of the suspicion of people who know anything about anything which is leading to such disastrous outcomes.
Which is utter bollocks.
If you want people to change, you involve them. You don't bully them.
If you do they will stop you and my money would be on the Civil Service.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:They think they can do what they like and egged on by Cummings they believe that the Civil Service are the enemy.
All part of the suspicion of people who know anything about anything which is leading to such disastrous outcomes.
Which is utter bollocks.

Yes, but you can't open everything up to pubic scrutiny when you don't like something.
I mean, I don't take a position on the particular case, but in general the trend towards people embarrassing their employers is getting out of hand.
Since common sense no longer applies, perhaps they need some written guidelines about all this briefing, counter briefing and general egotistical public bitching.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Petingo wrote:

He turned the big pay off down.

He says that in his statement.

I know, hence why I used 'massive'.

However, I think after further reading and news updates that he really wants his day in the sun, I would not be surprised if a 'serialised' account of what has occurred will be in one of the newspapers soon.
Godwin's law

Hillman avenger

delboy1983 wrote:The old guard -Won't be missed

How would you know?

Hillman avenger

delboy1983 wrote:

It's his choice.

If you are treated like shit such that you have to resign to keep your sanity, that's constructive dismissal.

I listened to some toady midweek sent to the BBC ( see, it has a use) to tell us how there was a plot against Priti Patel and how he had always had the utmost respect for her, and blah blah. Yet there is plenty of third-party evidence of how she behaves .Stuff like that is probably what made him decide not to go quietly.

As in Trump's administration, even the shit behaviour is done badly.

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:They think they can do what they like and egged on by Cummings they believe that the Civil Service are the enemy.
Which is utter bollocks.

Yes, but you can't open everything up to pubic scrutiny when you don't like something.
That isn't what''s happened. He claims to have been bullied, derided and the rest. Nothing to do with what he thinks about the policies he is expected to implement.
I mean, I don't take a position on the particular case, but in general the trend towards people embarrassing their employers is getting out of hand.
Since common sense no longer applies, perhaps they need some written guidelines about all this briefing, counter briefing and general egotistical public bitching.
None of that has happened here.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Hillman avenger wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:The old guard -Won't be missed

How would you know?

:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD