Coming apart at the seams.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: Coming apart at the seams.

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
blues4ever wrote:I seriously don’t know where you guys worked !
I’ve worked in building sites, bakeries, and trading rooms, I have been called all the names under the sun , including what are now called racist slurs.
You fucking get on with your job and succeed .

In today's PC woke driven climate, thinking like that could get you into trouble, blues.

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are.

Do you think it is moral to bully your employees?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
I’ve worked in building sites, bakeries, and trading rooms, I have been called all the names under the sun , including what are now called racist slurs.

In today's PC woke driven climate, thinking like that could get you into trouble, blues.

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are.

No.

That's not what I said, Vespa.

I have my own company and employ people. I have never bullied any of them. Never would.

But I call a spade a spade and if someone has fucked up, I tell them.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

No.

I have my own company and employ people. I have never bullied any of them. Never would.

It has nothing to do with 'woke pc culture' rather basic morality.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see what any investigation brings, rather than taking obvious sides based upon hearsay?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

No.

Everyone is making a judgement (a) without knowing the full facts & (b) before hearing the enquiry result.

All we do nknow is that this civil servant has been blamed previously for failing to provide Amber Rudd with the correct informaton over Windrush. We also have blues4ever views as someone who knows Patel.
Both points seem to be completely ignored by those on here rushing to condemn her.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see what any investigation brings, rather than taking obvious sides based upon hearsay?

Exactly the point I was tryiing to make (above), Roy

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

No.

Everyone is making a judgement (a) without knowing the full facts & (b) before hearing the enquiry result.

All we do nknow is that this civil servant has been blamed previously for failing to provide Amber Rudd with the correct informaton over Windrush. We also have blues4ever views as someone who knows Patel.
Both points seem to be completely ignored by those on here rushing to condemn her.

I'm not ascribing guilt to either party. I'm merely commenting on the trend to dismiss bullying as a manifestation of 'woke PC culture' where it is essentially an immoral act.

The claim here is an employer orchestrated a briefing campaign to the national press to discredit an employee. If that happened it would be immoral and have nothing to do with being woke or pc.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

No.

Whether you said it or not, that is the way it will get twisted.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Vespa wrote:
The claim here is an employer orchestrated a briefing campaign to the national press to discredit an employee. .

One thing in all this that is for sure, Vespa

The briefing campaign was carried out by both sides, long before his dismissal

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:

And let’s just say a fellow isn’t as super thick skinned and macho as you chaps?

And that some mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is making your work life intolerable to the point you dread going into work every morning.

And that because of this you can’t “succeed”?

That’s OK then, is it?

Just man (or woman) up and get with it?

And let the devil take the hindermost?

Is that what I’m hearing?

And hang any short, medium or even long term psychological damage this type of anachronistic behaviour has on you and your family life.

Bullied workers are highly unlikely to be performing to the best of their abilities ergo our mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is usually actually damaging his or her business.

Have a word with yourselves guys before posting such nonsense.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

No.

And why is that, Mr. Hunt?

Because you are a decent fellow who doesn’t indulge in such behaviour, that’s why.

So why should people working for other employers have to tolerate the kind of bullying in the workplace that a man like you would never engage in?

Bullying in the workplace is not just a scourge but it is a practice which impacts on the smooth running of any business as the bullied will not be able to perform at their best and the atmosphere it engenders is detrimental to morale and leads inevitably to an increased turnover of staff.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

There's a difference between being unhappy with what is done and attacking the person who has done it.
By all means deal with what is wrong, but bullying is what is done by a bad manager with some kind of mental problem.
I have experienced it and seen it done to others.
Even if people survive it, it does not improve anything and can cause real long-term harm.
I have zero confidence in Gove's enquiry which was the equivalent of a chief constable saying "Yes we will investigate an alleged crime, but the person alleged to have done it is a real star" Fuck off
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

subsub

Post by subsub »

Steve Hunt wrote:

Fucking hell, this place never ceases to amaze.
You really think it's OK to abuse work colleagues, bully them etc and everyone should just get on with it?
Some people are still living in the Dark Ages…
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

And let’s just say a fellow isn’t as super thick skinned and macho as you chaps?

And that some mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is making your work life intolerable to the point you dread going into work every morning.

And that because of this you can’t “succeed”?

That’s OK then, is it?

Just man (or woman) up and get with it?

And let the devil take the hindermost?

Is that what I’m hearing?

And hang any short, medium or even long term psychological damage this type of anachronistic behaviour has on you and your family life.

Bullied workers are highly unlikely to be performing to the best of their abilities ergo our mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is usually actually damaging his or her business.

Have a word with yourselves guys before posting such nonsense.

=D> =D>

Excellent post, Pet.
WOKE AND PROUD

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

subsub wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Fucking hell, this place never ceases to amaze.
You really think it's OK to abuse work colleagues, bully them etc and everyone should just get on with it?
Some people are still living in the Dark Ages…

Where, in all my contributions to this thread have I said or intimated anything like that, subs?