Coming apart at the seams.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Coming apart at the seams.

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
blues4ever wrote:I seriously don’t know where you guys worked !
I’ve worked in building sites, bakeries, and trading rooms, I have been called all the names under the sun , including what are now called racist slurs.
You fucking get on with your job and succeed .

In today's PC woke driven climate, thinking like that could get you into trouble, blues.

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are.

And let’s just say a fellow isn’t as super thick skinned and macho as you chaps?

And that some mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is making your work life intolerable to the point you dread going into work every morning.

And that because of this you can’t “succeed”?

That’s OK then, is it?

Just man (or woman) up and get with it?

And let the devil take the hindermost?

Is that what I’m hearing?

And hang any short, medium or even long term psychological damage this type of anachronistic behaviour has on you and your family life.

Bullied workers are highly unlikely to be performing to the best of their abilities ergo our mouthy, jumped up bully boy in a suit is usually actually damaging his or her business.

Have a word with yourselves guys before posting such nonsense.

You are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, Pet.

I haven't said that and neither, as far as I can tell, has blues.

But what I have said is that if an employee is not doing or is incapable of doing what they have been tasked to do, they need to be told.

For the employers sake, the client's sake and their fellow colleagues sake.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:
So why should people working for other employers have to tolerate the kind of bullying in the workplace that a man like you would never engage in?

I have not said that they should have to tolerate it, Pet.

In fact, I said the complete opposite.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:
The claim here is an employer orchestrated a briefing campaign to the national press to discredit an employee. .

One thing in all this that is for sure, Vespa

The briefing campaign was carried out by both sides, long before his dismissal

If true she should go then.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:
So why should people working for other employers have to tolerate the kind of bullying in the workplace that a man like you would never engage in?

Indeed you did not say the complete opposite, Mr. H.

Here is what you said and here is the context in which you said it.

Steve Hunt wrote:
I’ve worked in building sites, bakeries, and trading rooms, I have been called all the names under the sun , including what are now called racist slurs.

In today's PC woke driven climate, thinking like that could get you into trouble, blues.

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are

That is you totally endorsing the type of caveman behaviour in the workplace you are to decent to indulge in yourself.

Why don’t you just say bullying in the workplace is WRONG and be done with, instead of attributing it to the sensibilities of the person being bullied as if he or she is the culprit here and the twat doing the bullying is the opposite of what a “delicate snowflake” is?

Quoting the Bible is not sommat you see ol’ Pet doing very often but that bit about treating people as you wish to be treated yourself has always seemed to me a decent enough template by which to lead one’s life.

Say NO to bullying.....be it in the workplace, in the home, in school or right here in cyberspace which seems to the last bastion of bullying and where it is actually a growth industry :rolleyes:

And make no excuses for the bullies.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Steve Hunt wrote:

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are

That is you totally endorsing the type of caveman behaviour in the workplace you are to decent to indulge in yourself.

No it isn't, Pet.

That's your interpretation of it, which is wrong.

As an employer, I can tell you that it is far more productive to have a happy committed workforce thanan unhappy one.

I can also tell you that if you have someone who is either incapable or unwilling to do the tasks they are required to do, the whole thing can fall apart, pissing off your clients and remaining workforce.

There is nothng wrong in letting an employee know if they are not performng the job for which they are being paid to do.
Infact, not doing so could well piss off your other employees who are performing well.

Now, as I have said previously. none of us know the true story behind this resignation/sacking & it would probably be wise to wait until the official enquiry has been completed.

But the two things we do know is that this bloke had already tarnished his reputation by not briefing Ambwer Rudd correctly over windrush.
The other thing we know is that he and his team were actively briefing against Patel before his departure (as was she against him).

Both of which raise a question mark over his competency, I would suggest.
Thirdly, I would add that as a very senior civil servant who has seen countless ministers come and go, I'd be very surprised if someone with as much experience as him would be easily intimidated, not with the whole civil service behind him.

I repeat, I have not and do not condone bullying, Pet. Be it in the workplace or outside. I just believe that IF (& at this stage it is just an IF) he was not performing as he should, Patel (or whoever) is well within her rights to tell him.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Petingo wrote:Ms. Patel has form in the bullying stakes, it would seem.

Yeah and the BBC has no axe to grind.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Steve Hunt wrote:

No it isn't, Pet.

As an employer, I can tell you that it is far more productive to have a happy committed workforce thanan unhappy one.

I can also tell you that if you have someone who is either incapable or unwilling to do the tasks they are required to do, the whole thing can fall apart, pissing off your clients and remaining workforce.

There is nothng wrong in letting an employee know if they are not performng the job for which they are being paid to do.
Infact, not doing so could well piss off your other employees who are performing well.

Now, as I have said previously. none of us know the true story behind this resignation/sacking & it would probably be wise to wait until the official enquiry has been completed.

But the two things we do know is that this bloke had already tarnished his reputation by not briefing Ambwer Rudd correctly over windrush.
The other thing we know is that he and his team were actively briefing against Patel before his departure (as was she against him).

Thirdly, I would add that as a very senior civil servant who has seen countless ministers come and go, I'd be very surprised if someone with as much experience as him would be easily intimidated, not with the whole civil service behind him.

I repeat, I have not and do not condone bullying, Pet. Be it in the workplace or outside. I just believe that IF (& at this stage it is just an IF) he was not performing as he should, Patel (or whoever) is well within her rights to tell him.

Mr. Hunt, you are sawing off the branch on which you are perched.

Either bullying is acceptable or it is not.

What is you opinion on the matter?

A simple yes or no.

There is absolutely no connection between disciplining an employee for poor performance (which in a former life I was often obliged to do) and routine bullying of staff (which would just never occur to me but which alas I have seen occur in the workplace).

None whatsoever.

So please desist from drawing these tedious comparisons because they add nowt to the debate.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Steve Hunt wrote:

No it isn't, Pet.

A simple yes or no.

There is absolutely no connection between disciplining an employee for poor performance (which in a former life I was often obliged to do) and routine bullying of staff (which would just never occur to me but which alas I have seen occur in the workplace).

None whatsoever.

So please desist from drawing these tedious comparisons because they add nowt to the debate.

I've got to be honest with you, Pet.

I haven't got a scooby what you are on about now. :?
I have said bullying is unacceptable. Which is true.

I have said disciplining when required is acceptable. Which is true.

I have also said that none of us know the full story with Patel and this case. Which is also true.

Take it ir leave it, that's entirely up to you, Pet. But that's what I have said & that is what I believe.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote: There is absolutely no connection between disciplining an employee for poor performance (which in a former life I was often obliged to do) and routine bullying of staff (which would just never occur to me but which alas I have seen occur in the workplace).

None whatsoever.

You drew that comparison, Pet. Not me.

I merely stated that questions over the competency of Sir Philip Rutnam existed before Patel was even Home Secretary.

As for the bullying allegation, if proven true, she has to go.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Steve Hunt wrote:

No it isn't, Pet.

A simple yes or no.

None whatsoever.

I've got to be honest with you, Pet.

I haven't got a scooby what you are on about now. :?
I have said bullying is unacceptable. Which is true.

I have said disciplining when required is acceptable. Which is true.

I have also said that none of us know the full story with Patel and this case. Which is also true.

Take it ir leave it, that's entirely up to you, Pet. But that's what I have said & that is what I believe.

And that was all you needed to say.

That was the only question I posed to you.

The rest of your responses were mere verbiage.

We are agreed on the basic question.

I am glad we got that sorted out, pal :)

*big manly hug*

:drinkers:

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote:

*big manly hug*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly Pet, I suspect the Big Gal has as much to put up with as poor old Sinbad's wife :D

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Petingo wrote:

*big manly hug*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly Pet, I suspect the Big Gal has as much to put up with as poor old Sinbad's wife :D

Jesus.....surely I ain’t that bad :(

subsub

Post by subsub »

Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

We must not hurt the feelings of the snowflakes, poor delicate things that they are.

Fucking hell, this place never ceases to amaze.
You really think it's OK to abuse work colleagues, bully them etc and everyone should just get on with it?
Some people are still living in the Dark Ages…

Where, in all my contributions to this thread have I said or intimated anything like that, subs?

Steve, blues wrote that he got called all sorts of stuff, including racist insults, and how you should just ignore it and get on with it.
Then you chip in and start talking about delicate snowflakes etc.
If that isn't endorsing his post, I don't what is.
It's a very good thing that we have laws set up to stop people acting like complete cunts at work and getting away with it.
Your 'man up' defence belongs in another era, I'm afraid.
WOKE AND PROUD

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Priti Patel was sacked by Theresa May for having secret meetings with a foreign government. That should have been the end of her political career.

Unfortunately Prime Minister Dominic Cummings and his assistant Boris Johnson decided loyalty to the Leave Campaign sect was more important than ability or even loyalty to country - so Priti Patel found herself on the frontbench again.

She’s a nasty piece of work who has secret meetings with foreign governments and has previous when it comes to bullying.

She should be sacked. Why the delay?

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Ralph wrote:Priti Patel was sacked by Theresa May for having secret meetings with a foreign government. That should have been the end of her political career.

Unfortunately Prime Minister Dominic Cummings and his assistant Boris Johnson decided loyalty to the Leave Campaign sect was more important than ability or even loyalty to country - so Priti Patel found herself on the frontbench again.

She’s a nasty piece of work who has secret meeting with foreign governments and has previous when it comes to bullying.

She should be sacked. Why the delay?

.... because Boris has already used up 'we're having a baby and getting married' deflection.

He should have split up those two events, he missed a trick.
Godwin's law