The challenge when things improve

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: The challenge when things improve

Post by kancutlawns »

People don’t care about sport anymore. The sporting analogies would have been appropriate a fortnight ago, now they aren’t.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:People don’t care about sport anymore. The sporting analogies would have been appropriate a fortnight ago, now they aren’t.

Tell that to a Liverpool or Celtic supporter !
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I thought this hit the nail.

'As things stand, the Johnson Government is like a doctor, confronted with a patient suffering from pneumonia. ‘This is serious,’ says the doctor. ‘I have never seen anything like this. Unless I act radically, you will die terribly.’

He then proposes to treat the pneumonia by amputating the patient’s left leg, saying this method has been used successfully in China. The trusting patient agrees. The patient eventually recovers from pneumonia, as he would have done anyway. The doctor proclaims that his treatment, though undoubtedly painful and radical, was a great success. But the patient now has only one leg, and a very large hospital bill which he cannot afford to pay.'

How many people have died with Coronavirus, but not because of it?

There is a big difference between Coronavirus causing death, and Coronavirus being found in someone who died of other causes.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

kancutlawns wrote:How can you assert that things are getting better? Are you medically trained? We’re weeks away from having any idea if we on the tip of iceberg and there’s going to be a lot of pain to go. Two weeks of self isolation and you’re telling us things are getting better.

Carlos, pull your finger out pal and merge this into the CV thread. Don’t really really need duplicate shite like this.

Rub yer eyes, Mr. L.

The first word is NOT.....not NOW.

:box:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:People don’t care about sport anymore. The sporting analogies would have been appropriate a fortnight ago, now they aren’t.

:lol:

Or a Baggies or Leeds fan.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Hillman avenger wrote:What some like to describe here in the UK as "independence" could also be described as "fuck-you" mentality, which in my observation has blossomed since the 80s.

This is well-observed
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote:

A lot of Liverpool fans I know are far more concerned about the threat that COVID-19 has to life. You really need to stop living your life artificially to what TS tells you to believe. It’s not real life. :wink:

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Please Hillman, tell me what to think. You seem to think no one can without being told what to by some Eurocrat.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Petingo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:How can you assert that things are getting better? Are you medically trained? We’re weeks away from having any idea if we on the tip of iceberg and there’s going to be a lot of pain to go. Two weeks of self isolation and you’re telling us things are getting better.

Carlos, pull your finger out pal and merge this into the CV thread. Don’t really really need duplicate shite like this.

Rub yer eyes, Mr. L.

The first word is NOT.....not NOW.

:box:

:)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

delboy1983 wrote:Topic for a later day July/August time 2020 that is !

Maybe, Del. The deputy Chief Medical Office said today in a couple of weeks we will see if lockdown has made any difference in cases due to the lag in becoming symptomatic. Then it will still be monitor and not go back to normal for a long while. But some idiots will.

Err, I was at work. :wink:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Wibbz are you a frontline operative?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Zambo wrote:I thought this hit the nail.

'As things stand, the Johnson Government is like a doctor, confronted with a patient suffering from pneumonia. ‘This is serious,’ says the doctor. ‘I have never seen anything like this. Unless I act radically, you will die terribly.’

He then proposes to treat the pneumonia by amputating the patient’s left leg, saying this method has been used successfully in China. The trusting patient agrees. The patient eventually recovers from pneumonia, as he would have done anyway. The doctor proclaims that his treatment, though undoubtedly painful and radical, was a great success. But the patient now has only one leg, and a very large hospital bill which he cannot afford to pay.'

How many people have died with Coronavirus, but not because of it?

There is a big difference between Coronavirus causing death, and Coronavirus being found in someone who died of other causes.

Bottom line is, - in hindsight, will 2020 prove to have a higher fatality rate than the norm, or not?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Wibbz are you a frontline operative?

Yes. But negative results to the few people I have met who have been tested, And that was before any PPE wearing. Not in a ward, though might happen soon, but not general. Quite lucky compared to many.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Carlos J wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Topic for a later day July/August time 2020 that is !

Maybe, Del. The deputy Chief Medical Office said today in a couple of weeks we will see if lockdown has made any difference in cases due to the lag in becoming symptomatic. Then it will still be monitor and not go back to normal for a long while. But some idiots will.

Err, I was at work. :wink:

Just put the person on universal ignore, I'm sure no one will miss him, soz, as a mod you cant, but fucking joking apart, don't some twats on here realise that mods HAVE A FUCKING JOB IN REAL LIFE. not everyone is unemployed or retired.

Apoolgies Carlos, delete as you see fit.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it