Support The NHS?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Support The NHS?

Post by Hillman avenger »

Vespa wrote:The Home Office published an updated points-based system yesterday which means people like care workers simply won't be able to either stay in or enter the UK. Nurses are also affected.

You'd think the Home Office would provide points for the people Tory MPs like to video themselves clapping. But no.

Ah the gift that is Patel.
So good of Royals to remind us what a gem she is.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Vespa wrote:The Home Office published an updated points-based system yesterday which means people like care workers simply won't be able to either stay in or enter the UK. Nurses are also affected.

You'd think the Home Office would provide points for the people Tory MPs like to video themselves clapping. But no.

She’s a prize isn’t she. I’m in favour/against the death penalty in the space of 6 months.

Dumb as a post.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:

I think she's done well. Even the great Margaret Thatcher who was generally loved by the people and highly respected in the wider world didn't please everyone.
Ministers in a government put there by the will of a huge majority of people to work for them can't hold back to please a tiny minority of malcontents .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

I think she's done well.
Of course you do.
Even the great Margaret Thatcher who was generally loved by the people and highly respected in the wider world didn't please everyone.
Possible front-runner for statement of the year there.
Ministers in a government put there by the will of a huge majority of people to work for them can't hold back to please a tiny minority of malcontents .
"Huge majority of the people" ...55% of the votes cast were NOT for the Tories or Brexit parties. And of the 40-odd percent who DID vote Tory I wonder how many would have voted for her, given the option? I love the anti-democratic argument about the EU when in our system we have no choice whatsoever, and neither does Parliament, in who are appointed to the great offices of state. Which is how you end up with nonentities like Raab acting as PM, and sociopaths like Patel in the Home Office. Ministers chosen for their sycophancy not their intellect or ability.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well, everyone's been a bit tetchy after a week of isolation, but it's the weekend now and the weather is lovely so I know what I'll be doing.

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Ralph wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

She’s a prize isn’t she. I’m in favour/against the death penalty in the space of 6 months.

Dumb as a post.

It's very weird timing before the end of the year the TV is going to be wall to wall care workers & nurses having to leave and you know Johnson will do a u turn.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
shabbado wrote:Don't vote Tory.

Bit late now. Bad timing on the part of the Coronavirus.

Exposing the hypocrisy of many people.

I’ve witnessed people, with my own eyes & ears who had Tory posters in their window, and at the end of their drives clapping.

If I were braver I’d confront them.

But it’s unforgivable isn’t it?

My sister-in-law was bragging on Facebook about clapping for Boris the other night.
I asked her how she could clap someone who voted against giving health workers a pay rise.
Got the usual bollocks about 'not knowing anything about that' and how much she admired those who work for the NHS!

Just shows the mindset of so many people with their head in the sand.

I am surprised anyone actually indulged in that preposterous exercise.

Certainly nobody in the People’s Republic did.

(a Tory free zone and proud of it :drinkers: )

Yes, clap for the twat who told us to “take it on the chin”, who thought “herd immunity” was a jolly wheeze and whom actually bragged about “shaking hands” with people already in hospital being treated for the wretched disease.

The fat mess should be locked away in the lunatic asylum.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Hillman avenger

I don't wish Johnson, or anyone else, any harm. Well, maybe, Cummings but...

We got involved yesterday in organising collections of break treats for NHS staff and toiletries for patients ( to provide a bit of home comfort for people who can't have visitors) ...and by 4pm the hospital had to say no more because they had run out of room to store it all. Great. Why don't people mobilise at other times?

What upsets me is peoples' inability to connect supporting this lot as it disables the NHS and then telling everyone in the NHS that they are heroes, which they are.

Oh and I find the idea that " you shouldn't applaud them for doing the job they are paid for" actually repulsive. I don't think anyone joining the NHS would have expected these problems nor that they would be pushed into it with such a casual disregard for their safety.

Surely when people join the services, they (or they should have) expect to be in danger at some point? Yet when they are , and they survive, we applaud them, give them medals, have "help for heroes"...which is all fine.

So why the double standard for NHS workers?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:Well, everyone's been a bit tetchy after a week of isolation, but it's the weekend now and the weather is lovely so I know what I'll be doing.

Excellent, Royals. And as lockdown is near like Christmas, no one hasn't a excuse not to watch this:

Royals. It has been mentioned many times in many threads including dear old Chas' death. But mainly more on Christmas telly threads as C5 used to show it. Plus, old sub loves it and you can share a pint of cyber ale together. :drinkers: :drinkers:

As per, 'The Sideboard Song' at the start and cockernees is immense. \:D/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Carlos J wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Well, everyone's been a bit tetchy after a week of isolation, but it's the weekend now and the weather is lovely so I know what I'll be doing.

Excellent, Royals. And as lockdown is near like Christmas, no one hasn't a excuse not to watch this:

Royals. It has been mentioned many times in many threads including dear old Chas' death. But mainly more on Christmas telly threads as C5 used to show it. Plus, old sub loves it and you can share a pint of cyber ale together. :drinkers: :drinkers:

I much prefer this version

It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Hillman avenger wrote:Another myth
“The Tories wanted the NHS”.
They voted 22 TIMES against it . They supported the doctors resisting it that led to the deal which Bevan called “stuffing their mouths with gold”.
Why did Churchill not win in 1945? Because he and other senior Tories assumed that having won the war, suffered loss and deprivation, the British people would know its place and return to slums, poverty, no healthcare or decent education. They were wrong.
Since then they have grudgingly accepted that there is no clear route to destroying it. But they have taken every chance to weaken it and make it subject to capitalism.
To try to portray that differently now is wrong. To say the least.

Seems an old story this.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

I much prefer this version

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

delboy1983 wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Another myth
“The Tories wanted the NHS”.
They voted 22 TIMES against it . They supported the doctors resisting it that led to the deal which Bevan called “stuffing their mouths with gold”.
Why did Churchill not win in 1945? Because he and other senior Tories assumed that having won the war, suffered loss and deprivation, the British people would know its place and return to slums, poverty, no healthcare or decent education. They were wrong.
Since then they have grudgingly accepted that there is no clear route to destroying it. But they have taken every chance to weaken it and make it subject to capitalism.
To try to portray that differently now is wrong. To say the least.

Seems an old story this.

The latest in a long line of "the Tories are evil" rants. The people of this country have realised it's childish nonsense. Why some people cannot do the same is baffling. The sooner Labour realise that, the sooner they MIGHT win an election.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

A timely reminder that their latest election winning prodigy refused to prosecute grooming gangs throughout his tenure as DPP.