BBC Propaganda

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: BBC Propaganda

Post by Hillman avenger »

I wonder who said Britain is a "racist hell-hole"?
I haven't heard that and I don't think it was what it's about.
It was supposed to examine whether there was more to be done to eliminate racism in the process and structures of our institutions. In that respect it failed to produce a credible outcome.
I listened to a police superintendent a couple of days ago who testified to them and now regrets he did so because he felt that his input had been misrepresented. There was someone else whose name appeared as a witness who says he was never contacted.
The whole thing radiated complacency. It also failed to justify itself , given the number of previous reports delivered but ignored.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:43 pm I suppose this is the BBC equivalent of the Mail's sidebar of shame

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56638260

I'd much rather see some reality star hotty with her pokies out tbh.
It must have been a slow news weekend.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ge-16.html
For shame
Gone are the days when the News of the World would create a saucy scandal. :(
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Oh dear. :)
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

If you look at her tweets she seems to be under the impression that the BBC is controlled by Murdoch and is a right-wing propaganda machine...
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm If you look at her tweets she seems to be under the impression that the BBC is controlled by Murdoch and is a right-wing propaganda machine...
What's her log in on here ?
There's no poem, just prose.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Man U and rangers

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

theleader82 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 pm
Back to history classes for you Leado

https://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/news ... -trafalgar

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Quelle surprise. Loads of geriatric snowflakes justifying their contempt of dark skinned people. Leado, you’re in your thirties and in a more enlightened period where those bigots are dying out. Do you think you’re living in the 1970s?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm
Quelle surprise. Loads of geriatric snowflakes justifying their contempt of dark skinned people. Leado, you’re in your thirties and in a more enlightened period where those bigots are dying out. Do you think you’re living in the 1970s?
The bbc shouldn’t lie. Even in costume dramas they have black characters so they can’t be accused of racism. My mum was born in Norfolk in the 40s and never saw a person of colour until she was an adult. I heard the next James Bond is going to be that actor from Bridget ton
Man U and rangers

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

"Been a part of everyday life in britain" is a vague term open to interpretation.

"Black people" first arrived on these shores when it was under rule of the roman empire. Then for a long time their presence was minimal until the emergence of the trans Atlantic slave trade. From then on, the presence grew slowly until the immigration boom of the later 20th century.

Have "black people" been here historically? Yes.

Have " black people" always had a presence in whst we now refer to as grest britain? No.

Was their presence in numbers significant enough pre 1950s to make a major cultural/societal impact? No

Are we defining "black people" as those of african ancestry? Or do we include people of pacific islander and aboriginal Australian ancestry too? Over to pat for that one.

The story of "black people" in great britain is more nuanced than described in that tweet's opening gambit. The BBC may lay its message on a bit too thick but that's no excuse for Pat's own moronic response.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 pm
The bbc shouldn’t lie. Even in costume dramas they have black characters so they can’t be accused of racism. My mum was born in Norfolk in the 40s and never saw a person of colour until she was an adult. I heard the next James Bond is going to be that actor from Bridget ton
Do you want the BBC to appeal to people of a white complexion by only showing white people in programmes? Would that make you happy? The point is TV now wants social inclusion and needs to move with the times.

You do realise that people from the East Indies, Africa and the Caribbean arrived here centuries ago when we were a sea faring nation don’t you? Norfolk’s a weird place anyway so hardly a barometer of racial progression.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subsub

Post by subsub »

One of the most stupid Tweets you've ever posted on here, lead-o, and that's saying something.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Condell’s a cunt.

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm I heard the next James Bond is going to be that actor from Bridget ton
What you mean is that you read an article in the Mail or Express that said that a mixed-race actor was likely to be the next Bond to whip up its readership, even though there's been absolutely no word from Eon about who will replace Daniel Craig.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

subsub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 pm
theleader82 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm I heard the next James Bond is going to be that actor from Bridget ton
What you mean is that you read an article in the Mail or Express that said that a mixed-race actor was likely to be the next Bond to whip up its readership, even though there's been absolutely no word from Eon about who will replace Daniel Craig.
+1