ISIS Brides

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: ISIS Brides

Post by Vespa »

Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:03 pm Bangladesh has a law where you are a citizen if your parents were born there.
She wasn't a Bangladesh citizen at the time.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 pm
Kowalski wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:03 pm Bangladesh has a law where you are a citizen if your parents were born there.
I think the point Kowalski is making is that under Bangladesh law as her parents have Bangladeshi nationality she, wherever she was born, also becomes a Bangladesh citizen.
There are certain countries which don't recognise dual nationality and deem any person born to parents with their nationality as having that nationality too, wherever they are born.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm
I think the point Kowalski is making is that under Bangladesh law as her parents have Bangladeshi nationality she, wherever she was born, also becomes a Bangladesh citizen.
There are certain countries which don't recognise dual nationality and deem any person born to parents with their nationality as having that nationality too, wherever they are born.
Jus sanguinis requires your parents to register your birth with the country you wish to claim citizenship with, which she never was nor did she apply for it.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:12 pm
Jus sanguinis requires your parents to register your birth with the country you wish to claim citizenship with, which she never was nor did she apply for it.
I think you used to have to go the the embassy representing your country to register the birth,
Wasn't taking much notice of the news but there was a report on her wanting to come back, heard a man's voice saying, if you know what I know you wouldn't want her back, or words to that effect. could have been Javid, he was in position at the time.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The Supreme Court ruled she had no right to return here to fight her case for British citizenship, a fact conveniently overlooked by those who praised it to the hilt for its decision on the prorogation of Parliament.
There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:44 pm
I think you used to have to go the the embassy representing your country to register the birth,
Wasn't taking much notice of the news but there was a report on her wanting to come back, heard a man's voice saying, if you know what I know you wouldn't want her back, or words to that effect. could have been Javid, he was in position at the time.
Makes you wonder how she's more dangerous that the 500 ISIS fighter the government are currently tracking who returned for Syria. I don't think she's innocent, I do however have empathy for a child groomed by fanatics.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Makes you wonder how she's more dangerous that the 500 ISIS fighter the government are currently tracking who returned for Syria. I don't think she's innocent, I do however have empathy for a child groomed by fanatics.
Empathy for a child that happily handed out savage beatings to those who transgressed (in her opinion) fashion diktats under ISIS occupation.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Why are we given her media coverage,oh I forget it makes money. !
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

What's all this bollocks about he being only 15 at the time. Isn't 15 old enough to know that you don't cut peoples heads off and stick them in a bag.

Don't know about the heads, but the bleeding hearts need cutting out.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:22 am
Empathy for a child that happily handed out savage beatings to those who transgressed (in her opinion) fashion diktats under ISIS occupation.
Like I said I don't think she's innocent, but she was groomed.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Bangladesh have said they'll kill her if she goes there, so...errr...tough shit really innit?

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Well here's the full legal argument.

https://www.ejiltalk.org/shamima-begum- ... after-all/

Let's hope she stays in some dodgy camp for the rest of her life. Nasty bitch.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Whataboutery at it's finest.

Why do you have sympathy for an obviously evil psychopath.

That's an insult to her victims.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Kowalski wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Whataboutery at it's finest.

Why do you have sympathy for an obviously evil psychopath.

That's an insult to her victims.
Could you name one of her victims?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

I've come across some real " what the hell?" stories in my time.

But really , what the hell?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-r ... er-apology

US congressman apologises for affair with ex-wife of Islamic State leader
Van Taylor planned to run for third term in US House of Representatives before affair emerged