Farage exposes illegal immigration

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Saints11

Re: Farage exposes illegal immigration

Post by Saints11 »

A quick look on AA route planner tells me its 1776 Miles from Istanbul (could'nt find any city closer to Syria) to Calais.

And then a swim.

I think I'd rather learn another language then hitchhike that so I can speak English in England
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:45 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am Myth or not, why don't they?
The vast majority do, they scramble to the nearest border and end up stuck there. Look at Syria - Turkey has more Syrian refugees than the rest of the world combined. Let's be honest if any of us where surviving in Turkish refugeee camp and had the means to get out and go to Europe we'd take it.
Yeah, but why do they risk their lives in an overcrowded rubber dinghy meandering in and out of shipping channels, when the don't need to. What is the big attraction of the UK?
Because given the choice of staying in a horror camp or risking death travelling somewhere else - risking death is their preferred option. Personally given the choice of living in a tent in a desert, behind wire, armed guards, no running water, rape, murder and desease to trying my luck to live anywhere in Europe I'd jump in the dinghy.
Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death? I think Angela Merkel would have something to say about that, don't you?
No.
No what? I asked you a straightforward question, and all you have done is avoid it and deflect.

Why do many immigrants risk their lives to come here, when nearer save havens are available? If you don't know, just say that.
The main reason they head here is that if they have any foreign language capability it will be with English
That makes no sense. A lot of migrants come from the Middle East and Francophone Africa where French is the native language. A lot of people are multi lingual as well.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

The English on people learning other languages.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Saints11 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:04 pm A quick look on AA route planner tells me its 1776 Miles from Istanbul (could'nt find any city closer to Syria) to Calais.

And then a swim.

I think I'd rather learn another language then hitchhike that so I can speak English in England
Courtesy of Google maps.
Nearest Syrian town to Turkey [2 km away] to Calais; By road 4017km/2496 miles

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death? I think Angela Merkel would have something to say about that, don't you?
No.
No what? I asked you a straightforward question, and all you have done is avoid it and deflect.

Why do many immigrants risk their lives to come here, when nearer save havens are available? If you don't know, just say that.
You asked:
Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death?
I answered
No
Why are you accusing me of 'deflecting' and 'avoiding' I couldn't have given a clearer answer?

If you are going to misrepresent my answers is it worth even continuing the discussion?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's OK, Hillman has given the answer for you, you don't have to bother.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The main reason they head here is that if they have any foreign language capability it will be with English
The UK isn't the main destination for asylum seekers or illegal economic refugees - Germany is. The UK ranked 17th within the EU for asylum applications year ending 2018 according to the Home Office.

Why people choose to come here is probably as varied as why people like their favourite ice cream.

The simple fact is that people with the will to move from a shit life to a better life will always come here. And whilst no one is arguing everyone should stay race baiting twats like Farage who like to pretend that they are given a PlayStation and wall to wall room service will never make the situation any better.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm It's OK, Hillman has given the answer for you, you don't have to bother.
No comment on misrepresenting my answer then?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 pm That makes no sense. A lot of migrants come from the Middle East and Francophone Africa where French is the native language. A lot of people are multi lingual as well.
The most widely spoken 2nd language in Syria is Arabic, which explains why Jordon, Turkey and Iran have some of the largest refugee populations on Earth.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm It's OK, Hillman has given the answer for you, you don't have to bother.
That's because I didn't. I asked you why they were bypassing safe countries and you said it was because they were scrambling to a border in Turkey. Your answer didn't say anything about bypassing half a dozen safe countries. That is why I asked again, and Hillman answered
The vast majority do, they scramble to the nearest border and end up stuck there. Look at Syria - Turkey has more Syrian refugees than the rest of the world combined. Let's be honest if any of us where surviving in Turkish refugeee camp and had the means to get out and go to Europe we'd take it.
Yeah, but why do they risk their lives in an overcrowded rubber dinghy meandering in and out of shipping channels, when the don't need to. What is the big attraction of the UK?
Because given the choice of staying in a horror camp or risking death travelling somewhere else - risking death is their preferred option. Personally given the choice of living in a tent in a desert, behind wire, armed guards, no running water, rape, murder and desease to trying my luck to live anywhere in Europe I'd jump in the dinghy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not sure that Iran would take refugees from Arabic nations would they?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The Tick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 am Using the image of a suffering soldier is a classic way to drum up resentment towards immigrants. It focuses on blaming the latter rather than the useless government that oversees all this.
Same as one image of a dead kid panicking Merkel into letting a million immigrants into Germany.
There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 pm
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm
That's because I didn't. I asked you why they were bypassing safe countries and you said it was because they were scrambling to a border in Turkey. Your answer didn't say anything about bypassing half a dozen safe countries. That is why I asked again, and Hillman answered

You asked me this.
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 am Are you saying that in all of the six 'safe' countries that many of them cross, they would be locked away in a horror camp and starved to death? I think Angela Merkel would have something to say about that, don't you?
Answered 'no'

That question doesn't look like this question
Zambo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 pm That's because I didn't. I asked you why they were bypassing safe countries and you said it was because they were scrambling to a border in Turkey. Your answer didn't say anything about bypassing half a dozen safe countries. That is why I asked again, and Hillman answered

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yes, the original one did, but I give up, you win :D

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm
The UK isn't the main destination for asylum seekers or illegal economic refugees - Germany is. The UK ranked 17th within the EU for asylum applications year ending 2018 according to the Home Office.

Why people choose to come here is probably as varied as why people like their favourite ice cream.

The simple fact is that people with the will to move from a shit life to a better life will always come here. And whilst no one is arguing everyone should stay race baiting twats like Farage who like to pretend that they are given a PlayStation and wall to wall room service will never make the situation any better.
So the illegal immigrants are not being given hotel accommodation then?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE