Ex Tory Minister

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Ex Tory Minister

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

"[Mr Spencer's] defence today that he can't name the MP because it would identify me is rubbish. I didn't work for this MP and in any case I have lifelong anonymity so there is no risk of me being 'outed' in the press."

You could be mistaken for thinking she's more interested in having him outed than having him prosecuted.
There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:22 pm "[Mr Spencer's] defence today that he can't name the MP because it would identify me is rubbish. I didn't work for this MP and in any case I have lifelong anonymity so there is no risk of me being 'outed' in the press."

You could be mistaken for thinking she's more interested in having him outed than having him prosecuted.
Maybe she's just angry they tried to cover it up?

Holden Mcgroyne

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:23 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:22 pm "[Mr Spencer's] defence today that he can't name the MP because it would identify me is rubbish. I didn't work for this MP and in any case I have lifelong anonymity so there is no risk of me being 'outed' in the press."

Quite possibly

She wouldn't be the first female who tried to ruin an ex lovers career by making up a false allegation when he tried to end the relationship.

She also wouldn't be the first vulnerable female taken advantage of by a predatory male in a senior role.

It's surely more important that justice is done than a career ruined (which it will be whether he's guilty or not) by some politically motivated witch hunt to out him

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:51 pm Pele?
Honestly.. If i saw him walking alone in Wilmslow or elsewhere.... Id struggle not to run up and do a flying kick right in his back

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Quite possibly

She wouldn't be the first female who tried to ruin an ex lovers career by making up a false allegation when he tried to end the relationship.

She also wouldn't be the first vulnerable female taken advantage of by a predatory male in a senior role.

It's surely more important that justice is done than a career ruined (which it will be whether he's guilty or not) by some politically motivated witch hunt to out him

I don't care if they name him or not. The real scandal is how the Tory party has handled it.

Holden Mcgroyne

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Quite possibly

I don't care if they name him or not. The real scandal is how the Tory party has handled it.
The Tory party aren't the judge,jury and executioner.

If she thinks she was raped, she should have gone straight to the police. What did she think the Tory party were going do to do to make things right for her ?

It's 2020 not 1920.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

money probably
Build Back More Betterer

shivah

Post by shivah »

Jon Gout wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:11 am Bit suspicious how his Twitter and Facebook accounts were deleted on Sunday. Is that even legal? Seems like it might be an attempt to destroy evidence anyway, who knows what skeletons were in those digital closets.
He never had a Twitter account and his FB accounts are still up.

I take it it's Penfold we are discussing here?
Grunt is a Chunt.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Quite possibly

If she thinks she was raped, she should have gone straight to the police. What did she think the Tory party were going do to do to make things right for her ?

It's 2020 not 1920.
We've no idea what conversations happened between them all, we do know given the chance to do the right thing the Tory party decided to cover it up.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Quite possibly

Do you suppose that any of the other party's would have marched him straight down to the nearest cop shop, Broadway is the nearest I think, did Corbyn take the Whip away from all those named in that report mentioned a few posts earlier?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

if she didnt go to the police, there was no crime.

Simple.
Build Back More Betterer

birdie

Post by birdie »

Quite possibly

It's 2020 not 1920.
Totally agree, the Tory party did what any other Party would have done to avoid a public scandal, told the bloke he was a bloody fool to shit on his own doorstep and not to do it again. If she was so traumatised she had to go to hospital the hospital will have a record of it, and would have asked her consent to report it to the police, as no report to plod seems to have been made (otherwise he would have been arrested, one would have thought) you have to ask, why not.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Quite possibly

It's 2020 not 1920.
We've no idea what conversations happened between them all, we do know given the chance to do the right thing the Tory party decided to cover it up.

As, I'm willing to bet, would any other Party, don't tell me you believe that the other party's would have called plod straight away.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:26 pm As, I'm willing to bet, would any other Party, don't tell me you believe that the other party's would have called plod straight away.
Sadly I think they would try and cover it up as well. However, that doesn't excuse the Tory party, whose government policy is sexual assault victims should report the crimes to the police ASAP, tried to cover it up.

It's interesting to see suggestions that the alleged victim is somehow in the wrong for not reporting being assaulted by one of the most powerful men in the country to the police and instead of hoping her employers would help her. Classic gaslighting.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:16 pm
birdie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:26 pm As, I'm willing to bet, would any other Party, don't tell me you believe that the other party's would have called plod straight away.
Sadly I think they would try and cover it up as well. However, that doesn't excuse the Tory party, whose government policy is sexual assault victims should report the crimes to the police ASAP, tried to cover it up.

It's interesting to see suggestions that the alleged victim is somehow in the wrong for not reporting being assaulted by one of the most powerful men in the country to the police and instead of hoping her employers would help her. Classic gaslighting.
What did she expect her employers to do? I don't know who the bloke is, but I read one report which said that she had been 'in a relationship' with him so that doesn't make it as black and white as it seems at first. No employer is going to take action against what could be described as 'a domestic' and not in the workplace itself, and it seems that she first spoke to another MP who then approached the Chief Whip, it seems that she didn't complain herself so it poses the question, why didn't she approach the Chief Whip herself.