Ex Tory Minister

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Ex Tory Minister

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 pm Jess Phillìps talking a load of bollocks as usual. Too many people's lives have been ruined by naming them before they are found guilty of a crime. She's going on as though she has already found him so.
Rape suspects are not granted automatic anonymity, though, Zambo – why should MPs get special dispensation?
You either have a rule or you don't. You can't just make one up on the spot.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 pm Jess Phillìps talking a load of bollocks as usual. Too many people's lives have been ruined by naming them before they are found guilty of a crime. She's going on as though she has already found him so.
Rape suspects are not granted automatic anonymity, though, Zambo – why should MPs get special dispensation?
You either have a rule or you don't. You can't just make one up on the spot.
This goverment has refused to change the law to grant anonymity. I don't know if he's guilty or not that's up to the court.

However, the Tory Party have sat on this for four months until the alleged victim decided the party weren't going to do anything. That's the story why the 'law & order' party didn't simply refer this to the police instead of trying to manage a sexual assault allegation which resulted in a women being hospitalized.

birdie

Post by birdie »

delboy1983 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:50 pm The woman has been interviwed by ITV seemingly.
The shit will hit the fan soon
Yes, she has. and she's saying she's devastated that he hasn't had the Whip taken from him, she knows full well that taking away the Whip is as good as naming him, Jess Phillips is also saying the same, she also knows that that would be the same as naming him, but I have no doubt, that had the House been sitting, she would have found a way of telling the world who he is, of course, she cant call him by name but she can allude to his consituency which is the same.

This woman didn't complain to the police at the time, and don't hospitals have a duty to report rape cases? If she was so traumatised that she had to go to hospital surely she would have jumped at the chance to bring his career crashing down quicker than a badly laid domino trail.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Labour activist Bex Bailey has spoken to Radio 4's PM programme about a serious sexual assault she suffered at a Labour party event in 2011.

She told Carolyn Quinn that when she later asked for advice from a senior member of staff within the party, she was encouraged not to pursue it and that reporting it formally could "damage" her.

There's no poem, just prose.

Holden Mcgroyne

Former Labour deputy Prime Minister John Prescott’s son escaped suspension from the party over allegations of “unwanted sexual advances” after Jeremy Corbyn’s chief of staff intervened to block it, leaked emails suggest.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk-news/j ... ur-1416318

Holden Mcgroyne

A dossier of 43 stories of harassment, abuse and sexual violence against women at all levels of the Labour party has been submitted to Jeremy Corbyn’s office, prompting calls for the party to reform the way it deals with claims of sexual misconduct.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -to-corbyn

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

A joyless arsehole.

Holden Mcgroyne

Labour suspends Kelvin Hopkins MP over sexual misconduct claim

Party launches investigation into claims, which Guardian understands were brought to then-chief whip’s attention two years ago, following fresh evidence

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... misconduct

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

You missed this one Holden. Oh, wrong party. This is a guilty Tory.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... al-assault

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 pm Labour suspends Kelvin Hopkins MP over sexual misconduct claim

Party launches investigation into claims, which Guardian understands were brought to then-chief whip’s attention two years ago, following fresh evidence

"This article is more than two years old"

Piss-poor attempt at deflection, as per.
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

subsub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:17 pm
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:59 pm Labour suspends Kelvin Hopkins MP over sexual misconduct claim

Sorry that reporting the historical suppression of sexual assault has a statute of limitations.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Sorry that reporting the historical suppression of sexual assault has a statute of limitations.
It says an awful lot that rather than comment on this current story you scrabble around on the internet trying to find something related to a Labour MP.
Why would you do that, unless you have an agenda?
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

subsub wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 pm

It says an awful lot that rather than comment on this current story you scrabble around on the internet trying to find something related to a Labour MP.
Took 30 seconds of ‘scrabbling’ around to find numerous reports of the Labour Party covering up serious allegations of sexual impropriety. Strikes me that the agenda on this thread started with all the teeth gnashing about the Conservative MP arrested and not yet charged.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:27 pm

Took 30 seconds of ‘scrabbling’ around to find numerous reports of the Labour Party covering up serious allegations of sexual impropriety. Strikes me that the agenda on this thread started with all the teeth gnashing about the Conservative MP arrested and not yet charged.
Jess Phillips has been very vociferous, was she as loud when that list was given to her dear leader?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:27 pm

You've admitted to scrabbling around. Good.
Anyway, not sure why you're so desperate to deflect.
The point being is that in any other profession, you would be suspended from your job if you'd been arrested on a rape charge. For reasons unknown, this Tory MP has been allowed to carry on as if nothing has happened. That's not right.
WOKE AND PROUD