What do you see?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

What do you see?

Post by Vespa »

Here is a picture Audi posted on their twitter, they had to take it down.

People complained that is was inappropriate.

Can you guess why?

The answer here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... anana.html

I'm not posting the answer because I'm curious it anyone else sees it, because I didn't.

Eaststand

Re: What do you see?

Post by Eaststand »

Something women with "yummy mummy" in their twitter bio will get outraged about.
Build Back More Betterer

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am Here is a picture Audi posted on their twitter, they had to take it down.

Can you guess why?

I'm not posting the answer because I'm curious it anyone else sees it, because I didn't.
Well, if we are to take what a forum member tells us as true, that kid is holding pure poison in her mitt and if she eats it all manner or dire consequences will follow, it's all them carbs and don't she know that there's about 50 spoons of sugar in it?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

paolo

Post by paolo »

says more about the complainwers than the advert
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

What is the point of it, though?

What message are they trying to convey?

Seeing a child leaning against a car in the pose of a grown woman whilst about to put a banana in her mouth (and we know what the connotation is there) would not induce ol’ Pet to buy said car.

And to be honest, I am not normally to be found among the ranks of the Recreationally Offended Community but the more I look at that image the more disturbing I find it.

What the heck were here parents thinking, letting their kinder get involved in that?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

birdie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:50 am
Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am Here is a picture Audi posted on their twitter, they had to take it down.

Can you guess why?

Well, if we are to take what a forum member tells us as true, that kid is holding pure poison in her mitt and if she eats it all manner or dire consequences will follow, it's all them carbs and don't she know that there's about 50 spoons of sugar in it?

What do you mean, Bird?

Who says that?

Ol’ Pet wouldn’t let a day go by without eating at least one and a half bananas.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A stupid ad, because the kid adds nothing to trying to sell a car. The people who get offended on behalf of someone else will lap it though.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It was DESIGNED to set off a Twitter-storm of disapproval. Loads of publicity, job done.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Petingo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:44 am What is the point of it, though?

Seeing a child leaning against a car in the pose of a grown woman whilst about to put a banana in her mouth (and we know what the connotation is there) would not induce ol’ Pet to buy said car.

And to be honest, I am not normally to be found among the ranks of the Recreationally Offended Community but the more I look at that image the more disturbing I find it.

What the heck were here parents thinking, letting their kinder get involved in that?
It's part of a campaign to present the A4 as a family car, they have pictures of different members of the 'family' and the car to convey that.
I'd imagine the parents were thinking it's a standard modelling gig.

To me, it's picture of a cute kid.

What I failed to see was a child eating a banana was a metaphor for paedophilia and oral sex. If you (not you pet) see a picture of a child eating a banana and your first thought is oral sex you probably need to reflect on that.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 am If you (not you pet) see a picture of a child eating a banana and your first thought is oral sex you probably need to reflect on that.
You probably should ask yourself whether you're a paedo.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 am

It's part of a campaign to present the A4 as a family car, they have pictures of different members of the 'family' and the car to convey that.

What I failed to see was a child eating a banana was a metaphor for paedophilia and oral sex. If you (not you pet) see a picture of a child eating a banana and your first thought is oral sex you probably need to reflect on that.

So what do you think the significance of the banana is, then?

Why not have her eating an apple or a pear?

And why is she posed in that stance?

When did you ever see a child stood like that against the front grill of a car like that?

Don’t think for one moment the ad agency people and their Audi paymasters didn’t have the same debate about it we are having here.

And then went right ahead and commissioned it.

So perhaps Jimmy is right....that it is one of those ads which the marketeers know will get pulled but are more interested in the publicity it generates as a result of the controversy.

BTW.....you say it it is part of an overall portfolio depicting other family members.

I would love to see how the mother is depicted.

Would you post that please, V?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A totally innocent photo, with a young girl asked to eat a banana leaning against a car. I'm glad I lived the majority of my life when I didn't have to put up with this shite. I'd hate to be born now into a world where people are petrified of doing something which will offend the fucking weirdos.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Petingo wrote:

When did you ever see a child stood like that against the front grill of a car like that?

Don’t think for one moment the ad agency people and their Audi paymasters didn’t have the same debate about it we are having here.

So perhaps Jimmy is right....that it is one of those ads which the marketeers know will get pulled but are more interested in the publicity it generates as a result of the controversy.

BTW.....you say it it is part of an overall portfolio depicting other family members.

ALL of the ads that are pulled are deliberate.

Then news channels cover the product for free.
Build Back More Betterer

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Eaststand wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:46 pm
Petingo wrote:

ALL of the ads that are pulled are deliberate.

Then news channels cover the product for free.

Exactly, Innkeeper.

Faux outrage from the recreationally offended, robust defence from the faux libertarians.

That is exactly the reaction they were aiming for.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I see shit alloys