In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: What do you see?

Post by Carlos J »

VeritasVincit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:23 pm
Petingo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:36 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:14 pm
Petingo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:53 pm That is exactly the reaction they were aiming for.
Anyone remember the Gregg's Xmas ad, with a sausauge-roll representing The Baby Jesus? Exactly the self-same thing.
Audi released this as a Twitter-only ad for a reason, and it was "part one" in a series of ... er ... one :-)

===
Maybe if this one hadn't worked they'd have had Mum, washing the car, posing submissively and covered in soapy-suds ... on her face. See if they get any bites on that one.

:lol:
That's reminded me of the scene from 'Cool Hand Luke'
Got there before me, VV. :wnk:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am Here is a picture Audi posted on their twitter, they had to take it down.

People complained that is was inappropriate.

Can you guess why?

The answer here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... anana.html

I'm not posting the answer because I'm curious it anyone else sees it, because I didn't.
Welcome to 2020, my dude.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am

They've suspended the campaign so the other images aren't available yet. Although they've started reposing the child image so the rest should be along shortly.

So, they took a bunch of pictures of various family members and the first and thus far only one they have released is of that little girl?

Yeah right......if you think that picture was not meant to garner publicity by creating controversy then you are very naive.

And you fell right into their trap by coming onto a message board, posting the picture and starting a conversation about it.

Well done, Audi.

(or more specifically the ad agency who dreamed the idea up)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Petingo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:03 pm

They've suspended the campaign so the other images aren't available yet. Although they've started reposing the child image so the rest should be along shortly.

So, they took a bunch of pictures of various family members and the first and thus far only one they have released is of that little girl?

Yeah right......if you think that picture was not meant to garner publicity by creating controversy then you are very naive.

And you fell right into their trap by coming onto a message board, posting the picture and starting a conversation about it.

Well done, Audi.

If we have to accept a world full of Karens, get them to work for us.

Bravo Audi
Build Back More Betterer

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:44 pm Welcome to 2020, my dude.
I read this story and two things came to mind. Firstly who looks at a picture of a child eating fruit and thinks 'looks like she's giving a blowjob' and secondly then goes on social media and admits it.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 pm
I read this story and two things came to mind. Firstly who looks at a picture of a child eating fruit and thinks 'looks like she's giving a blowjob' and secondly then goes on social media and admits it.
Karens
Build Back More Betterer

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Well done, Audi.

What's more likely.

a) Audi said 'hey we want to promote the A4 as a family car, can we take some pictures of atypical family using the A4 and post them on social media?'

or

b) Audi said 'hey, how can we use paedophilia as a marketing technique?'

I'm going to go A all day, every day.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 pm
Oh, what a world. I despair sometimes, and I'm not that old.
30-something woman yells at cloud.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Well done, Audi.

What's more likely.

a) Audi said 'hey we want to promote the A4 as a family car, can we take some pictures of atypical family using the A4 and post them on social media?'

or

b) Audi said 'hey, how can we use paedophilia as a marketing technique?'

I'm going to go A all day, every day.

Yes, you would have to.

You have dug you yourself in too deeply now with your faux outrage at the faux outrage on Twitter.

And you need to ask yourself why they decided to post a picture they knew with 100% certainty would create controversy and that they would pull pretty quickly, when they allegedly have pictures of a grown up man and woman already in the can.

I suspect no such other pictures exist...that the one picture you posted is the height of it and that having got their free publicity, Audi will let the matter drop.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

its faux outrage inception
Build Back More Betterer

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Eaststand wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:24 pm its faux outrage inception
It is no different than the Angries from Tunbridge Wells (also known as 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells') who used to write petty complaint letters. Now complaining is instant (like everything else, I suppose) and celebrated, and instead ridiculing Angry from Tunbridge Wells companies and organisations bow down to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgusted ... idge_Wells
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 pm
It is no different than the Angries from Tunbridge Wells (also known as 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells') who used to write petty complaint letters. Now complaining is instant (like everything else, I suppose) and celebrated, and instead ridiculing Angry from Tunbridge Wells, companies and organisations bow down to him.

a few years down the line people will realise the people complaining about everything are a TINY minority they just shriek loudly online and will be completely ignored.

The internet is still very very young, and I dont think boomers in positions of power quite grasp that idiots on social media are not the majority yet.
Build Back More Betterer

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Eaststand wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:36 pm
It is no different than the Angries from Tunbridge Wells (also known as 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells') who used to write petty complaint letters. Now complaining is instant (like everything else, I suppose) and celebrated, and instead ridiculing Angry from Tunbridge Wells, companies and organisations bow down to him.

a few years down the line people will realise the people complaining about everything are a TINY minority they just shriek loudly online and will be completely ignored.

The internet is still very very young, and I dont think boomers in positions of power quite grasp that idiots on social media are not the majority yet.
I know of a bloke who is only on Twitter so that if he goes to a shop and has a complaint, he can tag the company in a tweet and get a large discount.

It’s amazing how quickly and regularly these companies respond to him!! :roll:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Eaststand wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:36 pm

I hope so. You are right, the Internet is still premature. Alarmingly, Angry of Tunbridge Wells is no longer a bored 50-something middle class housewife living in Kent. Today the stereotype is often a young, educated early-twenties woman (who identifies as [x]), with her whole life ahead of her. The world is her oyster, so to speak. She can study, party, travel the world, meet new people; experience life. Yet all she worries about is petty things, which, in 99.9% of cases, do not concern her. Sad.
Gosh, I feel old.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 pmThe world is her oyster, so to speak.
Does she prefer oysters ... or snails?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99