Vespa

Re: Child hunger

Post by Vespa »

Cunted by the Brexit Party

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

b0fe0d91-5e97-40a3-a466-501b7a9e8cc6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Fucking hell, Danny Kelly's let himself go :shock:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54692270

As usual, in the words of the late Johnny Nash, there are more questions than answers

1) How much does she get in benefits/credits and how does she spend it ?

2) Where's the dad and why isn't he paying anything?

3) Why does she live in the middle of nowhere with no temporary work available?

4) How much does her art website make?

5) Her parents are clearly minted, can they help if things are that desperate?

All very relevant questions, but let's focus on foraging blackberries to not die.
There's no poem, just prose.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54692270

As usual, in the words of the late Johnny Nash, there are more questions than answers

All very relevant questions, but let's focus on foraging blackberries to not die.

All straw clutching criteria used to weasel out of helping someone clearly financially struggling to support their children.

Holden Mcgroyne

The Tick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:59 am
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54692270

All straw clutching criteria used to weasel out of helping someone clearly financially struggling to support their children.
Show me the facts

Incomings/outgoings. What's prioritised above spending money on food ?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

birdie

Post by birdie »

This story poses more questions than it answers, how long has she been in these dire circumstances? Reading the story it would seem that her situation hasn't just occurred and she has been in short funds for some time, strange then, that someone who professes not to be able to afford to feed her kids is able to have a full make up palette, all that stuff on her face don't not come cheap, and those pots of make up don't last more than a few weeks, chickens aren't cheap to keep, but she seems able to afford the chicken feed (no pun intended), if she was forced to move and had no money why move somewhere where you need a car, as for school uniform, well, every school I know has a pre owned uniform sale at the beginning of the school year, yes, even private ones, I'm willing to bet she's not the only one at the school whose kids wear pre owned,
Instead of buying 5 kg bags of pasta why doesn't she buy smaller and buy some rice, that would give variety and baked rice with that foraged fruit would turn out very nicely, also a packet of dried milk, goes a long way when making pancakes with those eggs from the chickens which cost a fortune to keep.

As for bemoaning that she has to rely on pigeon and rabbit, well, I give up, as for making a dress for her daughter 'out of A pillowcase', the girl is 9 years old, you'd be hard pressed to make a dress for a 2 year old out of the amount of fabric in a pillowcase.

Whilst I don't dispute that there are people in need, some of these sob stories just don't add up,
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Holden Mcgroyne

birdie wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm

This story poses more questions than it answers, how long has she been in these dire circumstances? Reading the story it would seem that her situation hasn't just occurred and she has been in short funds for some time, strange then, that someone who professes not to be able to afford to feed her kids is able to have a full make up palette, all that stuff on her face don't not come cheap, and those pots of make up don't last more than a few weeks, chickens aren't cheap to keep, but she seems able to afford the chicken feed (no pun intended), if she was forced to move and had no money why move somewhere where you need a car, as for school uniform, well, every school I know has a pre owned uniform sale at the beginning of the school year, yes, even private ones, I'm willing to bet she's not the only one at the school whose kids wear pre owned,
Instead of buying 5 kg bags of pasta why doesn't she buy smaller and buy some rice, that would give variety and baked rice with that foraged fruit would turn out very nicely, also a packet of dried milk, goes a long way when making pancakes with those eggs from the chickens which cost a fortune to keep.

As for bemoaning that she has to rely on pigeon and rabbit, well, I give up, as for making a dress for her daughter 'out of A pillowcase', the girl is 9 years old, you'd be hard pressed to make a dress for a 2 year old out of the amount of fabric in a pillowcase.

Whilst I don't dispute that there are people in need, some of these sob stories just don't add up,

"This week, a typical meal will be the roast pigeon with foraged blackberries..."

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recip ... root-puree

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Show me the facts

Your questions are irrelevant to the case in the BBC story you linked.

A parent who is currently out of work during lockdown needs support with providing food for their child. No one should have to choose between feeding their child and paying for fuel/bills/council tax/rent/mortgage.

Holden Mcgroyne

The Tick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Show me the facts

A parent who is currently out of work during lockdown needs support with providing food for their child. No one should have to choose between feeding their child and paying for fuel/bills/council tax/rent/mortgage.
Which is why a breakdown of incomings and outgoings for this lady (and everyone else with 'starving' kids) would be most useful.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:02 pm
The Tick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Show me the facts

Which is why a breakdown of incomings and outgoings for this lady (and everyone else with 'starving' kids) would be most useful.
For goodness sake Holden, haven't you learned, after years on here, than analysing a subject
isn't the done thing to do?

The subject of those interviewed saying they are in dire straights and cant afford to feed and clothe their children has been going on for a long time before C19, I've lost count of the number of women interviewed by the media bemoaning that they cant feed or clothe their kids, but still seem to manage to get their hair dyed bright green/pink/red/ purple or whichever colour is in vogue at the time, no change out of £50, or thereabouts, face made up to the nines and false nails so long I wonder how they manage to do anything.

As you say, a breakdown of the main expenditure would be useful, but let us not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

As an aside, and probably off topic, may I suggest that those who put donations into those collection boxes in supermarkets think for a moment what they put in. What is it people short of money often cant afford? Cleaning and personal hygiene products, so instead of a tin of peaches put in a bottle of shampoo or washing powder, toothpaste or even a bottle of bleach and perhaps a pack of ladies requisites, these boxes are usually sent to a food bank and distributed to those in need.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it