Child hunger

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Child hunger

Post by The Tick »

When you consider that wealthy MPs claim expenses on the food they eat, the decision to reject food vouchers for the poorest children in society becomes even more sickening.

Do we ever means test the MPs for all the free grub they get?
Last edited by The Tick on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Even before the pandemic, schools in inner city areas have had to run breakfast clubs for kids whose parents are struggling to give them a regular breakfast 5 days a week. Plenty of examples in Bristol to name but one city:

https://faresharesouthwest.org.uk/1557-2/

https://www.familiesonline.co.uk/local/ ... hool-clubs

The same people who deny food poverty exists probably:

1) Think people are lucky to have food banks and should shut up

2) Don't meet or know many lower income families within their social circle

I'm glad that a decent man like Marcus Rashford who speaks from experience, who doesn't need more publicity or money is sticking to his principles and unwavering in the face of intransigence from some Tory MPs.

I don't see anything wrong in helping those who are going through difficulties. It's called humanity.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Cunts: “Why are we sending money abroad to help foreigners. Can’t it be used for helping people in Britain?”

Rashford: “There are children all over the country going hungry. Lets help them and provide free meals to ensure they don't continue to suffer”

Cunts: “Why should I pay for someone else’s kids?”
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Reg

Post by Reg »

Children bring in virtually no money to the economy, and are reimbursed in ways commensurate with their productivity.

Move on.
Roy IN!!

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Remember when the tories and their gammon lackeys earlier this year demanded that premier league footballers step up to help people during this pandemic? Telling them to accept salary reductions etc.

Now when a premier league footballer tries to make a difference the same prats vilify and/or ridicule him, while excusing MPs being entitled to their own free meals on parliamentary expenses.

Theres no moral or logical fibre to their argument.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:31 pm Cunts: “Why are we sending money abroad to help foreigners. Can’t it be used for helping people in Britain?”

Rashford: “There are children all over the country going hungry. Lets help them and provide free meals to ensure they don't continue to suffer”

:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:31 pm Cunts: “Why are we sending money abroad to help foreigners. Can’t it be used for helping people in Britain?”

All purpose nostalgic Talkforum generic reply.

You just go past their houses. Big cars, plasma TVs (!), piles of empty booze bottles.
If people can't afford children, they shouldn't have them. I would sterilise them all.
While we send India money they can spend on their space programme.
The welfare state has rotted peoples' pride and independence. And paying for immigrants big houses and cars,
I said to a kid the other day he could have a couple of slices of my loaf and he asked if I had any avocado or some other foreign muck.

If you miss that you know where to go.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Just about sums it up.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The government have misjudged the public mood massively on this one, even among their own voters.

While there are many conversations to be had about the way some people do/don't look after their kids, during a pandemic which has effected so many working people isn't the time. I'm a big believer in personal responsibility and the state shouldn't hold people's hands through life, but no one in 2020 should ever be going hungry. I've worked in restaurants and stores as a wee lad and witnessed first hand the scale of food waste that goes on. Scandalous.

Respect to Rashford too. No grand standing or self promotion. He just gets shit done and clearly cares about his cause.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

KeithArthur

Post by KeithArthur »

"...Just time for Clive Vedmore to say "pie"..."

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

KeithArthur

Post by KeithArthur »

Line up 10 kids in a line. According to the government, approximately one of those kids is the child of scroungers. And that's why the don't deserve to eat in the school holidays.
"...Just time for Clive Vedmore to say "pie"..."

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Mods, please remove the below post from the Obese thread. I realised its content actually belongs in this thread. Thanks.

Karens and Kens on social media criticise parents for not looking after their children properly, despite receiving benefits and hand-outs: "Back in my day we made stew from one turnip! My old mum had nuffink!" / "Spag bol for four only costs two quid at Aldi!"
Outrageously, Arts Council England, funded by the government and the National Lottery Fund, awarded some bloke in a dress over £200,000. So why can't the same government give disadvantaged children free school meals? Jesus.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break