Cadbury’s agenda

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Cadbury’s agenda

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:16 am
beingsoblase wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am So where's this advert actually being shown?
The only mention of it I've seen is this thread.
It’s not being shown in this country as I’ve already said twice.
still hasn't stopped the Daily Mail brigade from frothing at the mouth over it
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:56 am
subsub wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm
Zambo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 pm I haven't said anything as bad as stating that people who disagree with me have issues.
There are an awful lot of people in this 'ere bailiwick who have serious issues, and they need to take a good long look at themselves.
They know who they are.
I thought you'd got rid of them all
Ah, you're still trotting out that line, are you?
Bit disrespectful to suggest that your little right-wing cabal aren't capable of deciding whether or not to post on here.
Well I guess they just got pissed off with your relentless ridicule and telling them they all had issues. Who's next on the list Leader, Holden?

Still. you've got a shiny trophy to show for your efforts, and that's with none of them voting. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

beingsoblase wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am So where's this advert actually being shown?
Did they say why?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 am
Did they say why?
A few days ago when I read up about the ad, it said it was for the US market. Now it appears that ITV will show it.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

All this fuss because people got triggered by a gay kiss on TV

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 am I guess they just got pissed off with your relentless ridicule and telling them they all had issues. Who's next on the list Leader, Holden?
And of course, the likes of Roy and m4rk never dished out ridicule of their own, did they?
I note that you never actually lifted a finger to deal with the constant abuse Hillman received, for example.
Selective modding is never a good look, Zambo…
WOKE AND PROUD

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

So you have to ask why all the hysteria?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 am I guess they just got pissed off with your relentless ridicule and telling them they all had issues. Who's next on the list Leader, Holden?
And of course, the likes of Roy and m4rk never dished out ridicule of their own, did they?
I note that you never actually lifted a finger to deal with the constant abuse Hillman received, for example.
Selective modding is never a good look, Zambo…
Everyone has a tipping point. It's a double edged sword for you though. If you carry on looking down you nose at everyone who disagrees with and abusing them eventually they'll leave as well, and that's your day fucked.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am All this fuss because people got triggered by a gay kiss on TV
No, most of it's because gay people assume that any criticism about something they partake in, is because they are gay. If gay people are disliked, much of it is because of their persecution complex and whining not their sexuality.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 am
The Tick wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am All this fuss because people got triggered by a gay kiss on TV
No, most of it's because gay people assume that any criticism about something they partake in, is because they are gay. If gay people are disliked, much of it is because of their persecution complex and whining not their sexuality.
The dissenting posters on this thread about the advet have all referenced the gay kiss. The gay kiss is what triggered them to complain.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

My criticism related to sexualising a product.

If people were triggered by the fact that two men kissed on the tele, then that's their problem, and I would support any criticism that is aimed their way.

What is very infantile again, is putting everyone who criticises the add in one bag.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 am I referred to sexualising a product. That's all.

If people were triggered by the fact that two men kissed on the tele, then that's their problem, and I would support any criticism that is aimed their way.

What is very infantile again, is putting everyone who criticises the add in one bag.
The recurring theme among the complainants in this thread is the gay kiss. Not kissing in general.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Some appear to be some don't. You don't appear to be able to distinguish between the two for some reason, I wonder why.

Hysterical claims of homophobia on a whim, is usually a sign of self loathing and intense feelings of inadequacy. Otherwise why get so triggered about criticism. Just answer it without the diversion.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Let's all have a group hug and return to the subject, not other posters. Critique their views by all means, but this thread looks like going down an ever decreasing hole to quarantine.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am Some appear to be some don't. You don't appear to be able to distinguish between the two for some reason, I wonder why.

Hysterical claims of homophobia on a whim, is usually a sign of self loathing and intense feelings of inadequacy. Otherwise why get so triggered about criticism. Just answer it without the diversion.
The homophobia was evident, despite the naysayers' latter attempts to backtrack and disguise their feelings.

The criticism wasnt about kissing overall. It focused solely on the portrayal of a gay kiss on a TV advert. Thst is what triggered the complainants.

Ive never seen a talkforum thread opened to complain about a heterosexual kiss being depicted on TV.