Cadbury’s agenda

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Cadbury’s agenda

Post by kancutlawns »

Bit bored of this. Fifteen pages of a non-story and a never ending circular argument. We may have this thread archived if it carries on another few weeks.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am Some appear to be some don't. You don't appear to be able to distinguish between the two for some reason, I wonder why.

Hysterical claims of homophobia on a whim, is usually a sign of self loathing and intense feelings of inadequacy. Otherwise why get so triggered about criticism. Just answer it without the diversion.
The homophobia was evident, despite the naysayers' latter attempts to backtrack and disguise their feelings.

The criticism wasnt about kissing overall. It focused solely on the portrayal of a gay kiss on a TV advert. Thst is what triggered the complainants.

Ive never seen a talkforum thread opened to complain about a heterosexual kiss being depicted on TV.
The following was my first post on this thread. Feel free to tell me how I backtracked since.

Headline on the ad should have been Corona Egg. Not very bright of Cadburys to come up with that in these current times. Nothing to do with same or mixed sex couples. The emphasis has ben put entirely on the wrong aspect of the ad, but the questions have to be asked, what was their motive in coming up with the idea, and how did they think that this would sell more eggs?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am Some appear to be some don't. You don't appear to be able to distinguish between the two for some reason, I wonder why.

Hysterical claims of homophobia on a whim, is usually a sign of self loathing and intense feelings of inadequacy. Otherwise why get so triggered about criticism. Just answer it without the diversion.
The homophobia was evident, despite the naysayers' latter attempts to backtrack and disguise their feelings.

The criticism wasnt about kissing overall. It focused solely on the portrayal of a gay kiss on a TV advert. Thst is what triggered the complainants.

Ive never seen a talkforum thread opened to complain about a heterosexual kiss being depicted on TV.
The following was my first post on this thread. Feel free to tell me how I backtracked since.

Headline on the ad should have been Corona Egg. Not very bright of Cadburys to come up with that in these current times. Nothing to do with same or mixed sex couples. The emphasis has ben put entirely on the wrong aspect of the ad, but the questions have to be asked, what was their motive in coming up with the idea, and how did they think that this would sell more eggs?
What I don't understand, Zambo, is why there's even a fuss at all?
I just don't see that two men kissing in an ad is a big deal, so YouTubers banging on about "political correctness gone mad" etc is bizarre to me.
People kissing in ads is hardly new, and sexy/racy imagery has been used in adverts for years (for all manner of everyday/humdrum products), so I don't see what the problem is.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 pm

What I don't understand, Zambo, is why there's even a fuss at all?
I just don't see that two men kissing in an ad is a big deal, so YouTubers banging on about "political correctness gone mad" etc is bizarre to me.
People kissing in ads is hardly new, and sexy/racy imagery has been used in adverts for years (for all manner of everyday/humdrum products), so I don't see what the problem is.
The fuss has been caused, not by the two men kissing, but by the reaction by people on here, to criticism of the ad which had nothing to do with the couples sexuality. My first post actually spells that out, but has been ignored in favour of a anti-gay rant.

Labelling people, whether that be racist, homophobe or anything else, without good cause, results in threads going down the pan.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

There's the giveaway. Disguising objections surreptitiously. Its just a gay kiss on TV. No need to complain about its broadcast.