Norwegian Airlines Long Haul Gone

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Norwegian Airlines Long Haul Gone

Post by Carlos J »

Not a surprise really, the low cost, long haul market is the toughest one to make coin in and NAS was already in trouble before Covid times hit bad.

So a statement yesterday: https://media.uk.norwegian.com/pressrel ... rk-3064682
Under these circumstances a long haul operation is not viable for Norwegian and these operations will not continue.
I must say, the red nose has served me well on many flights from LGW to JFK and back again and LAS flights. Last years flight to SFO and back from JFK, was given a full refund very quickly as per posts about others waiting. Luckily never had a problem with them, though neither had on BA and Delta. And customer service was as good as those, not hard some may say about Delta, but I like them. BA as always, never as good as they want to think they are (and that's not just transatlantic), though only went Premium economy with NAS, so not the full experience on the others.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner was also a bewtiful thing to fly:

As always, on avaition matters, we tend to our forum friends on PPRuNe and this long running thread been following since 2019: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/625 ... egian.html

Godspeed chaps and chapesses working there, and thank you for your great service. =D>

Sad though to see, but the low cost, long haul business mostly isn't good business:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

paolo

Re: Norwegian Airlines Long Haul Gone

Post by paolo »

A real shame

as we all accpet this covid and everything that goes with it

i am desperate to get to europe

kept delaying, can delay no more

procedure (although finding coherent and correct info is difficult)

i go have a covid test...and wait...if neg, i then book a flight to ze fatherland....

upon arrival, i have a covid tes that i have to pay for

i then enter quarantine (where or how I am not sure, but I presume a hotel that i have to pay for)

after 5 days, if my airport test is neg, i then have to pay for a second test, and if that comes back neg, i have to finish my quarantine to a total of 14 days....which i pay for...

i am then free to enter germany and....not be free and join the lock down

after all that bollocks

i then have to go thru a test to get back on the plane....that i pay for

then enter Chairman Trudea's bought and paid for land....and undergo a test

then sit at home for 14 days

we all know, if they really wanted this sorted, and if lock down worked, after the first lockdown ended, they would have gone all iron fist with a total lock down

but it doesnt work, so you get what we had here last year, which is the way he wants it, well, we'll get it....
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

RIP inflight meatballs.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Vespa wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:44 pm RIP inflight meatballs.
IKEA International Airlines?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 am A real shame

as we all accpet this covid and everything that goes with it

i am desperate to get to europe

kept delaying, can delay no more

procedure (although finding coherent and correct info is difficult)

i go have a covid test...and wait...if neg, i then book a flight to ze fatherland....

upon arrival, i have a covid tes that i have to pay for

i then enter quarantine (where or how I am not sure, but I presume a hotel that i have to pay for)

after 5 days, if my airport test is neg, i then have to pay for a second test, and if that comes back neg, i have to finish my quarantine to a total of 14 days....which i pay for...

i am then free to enter germany and....not be free and join the lock down

after all that bollocks

i then have to go thru a test to get back on the plane....that i pay for

then enter Chairman Trudea's bought and paid for land....and undergo a test

then sit at home for 14 days

we all know, if they really wanted this sorted, and if lock down worked, after the first lockdown ended, they would have gone all iron fist with a total lock down

but it doesnt work, so you get what we had here last year, which is the way he wants it, well, we'll get it....
Indeed old friend. Sad news, not even going to bother planning anything this year, only thing booked was a trip to Dam in March which has been rolled over from September and November, and won't happen again.

Good luck to you.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?