In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: White privilege.

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm
The Tick wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:53 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 pm
The Tick wrote:apolitical directive.
So, the inauguration wall is an 'apolitical directive', but Trump's wall is entrenched in racism and far-right bigotry? Oh, sure.
the former is organised by security forces/law enforcement, the latter came from Drumpf's political manifesto. Why you've shoehorned the Democrat party into that comparison is anyone's guess
You're a stubborn old coot, Tick.

Righto, but that doesn't make for an effective counter to my point.

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Sadact7 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:42 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:11 pm Fucking state of this thread.

Fox News Brains exploding over a concept they’ve failed to grasp.
Unfortunately, my above post is in the wrong thread. Apologies.
Nevertheless, calling people 'Fox News Brains' is harsh. I think it is rather hypocritical of the Democrats to build a wall at Capitol designed to protect the inauguration yet they've criticised Trump for building one between America and Mexico. Trump's wall was built with the same intention: to protect American citizens. Funny that.
I’m not interested in the wall, I’m talking about the inability (or refusal) of people in this thread to grasp the meaning of white privilege.
Mainly as it's a totally bollocks concept
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Unbelievable innit.

Although sadly to be expected as the red mist usually descends before many of our friends type a reply when faced with the challenges the notion of “white privilege” poses to their critical faculties.

Which in this case is to rant about the “millions of white people” struggling to make ends meet whom don’t feel any sense of “privilege”.

Of course there are.

Ergo the concept of “white privilege” is garbage.

But it is not about the financial circumstances pertaining to cash strapped people regardless of their skin colour.

It is about the things even the poorest, most deprived white person takes for granted.....i.e. he or she will suffer no deprivation nor face discrimination in employment practices nor increased police harassment based on their skin colour.

And that is a stone cold fact in the western world.

This phenomenon has never been more apparent than during the storming of the Capitol and its aftermath on and since January 6th.

The TIA felt totally at ease rampaging through the seat of US governmental power with their faces uncovered and then to make videos of themselves, bragging about their antics.

Then to go on TV, like that woman in the video, and claim she and rest of her fellow insurrectists “deserve” a “pardon”.

Why do they feel they can do that?

Because they are white people.

Simple as.

And that, shivah and others, is what “white privilege” means.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Petingo wrote:It is about the things even the poorest, most deprived white person takes for granted.....i.e. he or she will suffer no deprivation nor face discrimination in employment practices nor increased police harassment based on their skin colour.
In short, even though they are deprived – despite being homeless, addicted to drugs, destitute; no one gives a flying fig about them - they should count their lucky stars for being white and shouldn't take their skin colour 'for granted'.
Petingo wrote:And that, shivah and others, is what “white privilege” means.
Weird flex, but okay.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lambrini wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:42 pm
Petingo wrote:It is about the things even the poorest, most deprived white person takes for granted.....i.e. he or she will suffer no deprivation nor face discrimination in employment practices nor increased police harassment based on their skin colour.
In short, even though they are deprived – despite being homeless, addicted to drugs, destitute; no one gives a flying fig about them - they should count their lucky stars for being white and shouldn't take their skin colour 'for granted'.

Ah.

The penny drops,

The analogy is a bit extreme.....but now you are getting it.

:drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Ah.

The penny drops,

that ex-scouse sense of humour.... 8)
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Ah.

The penny drops,

Ah!

The analogy is not extreme at all, my dude. You've confirmed why the notion of 'white privilege' is silly and rather unkind. When lockdown is over, I suggest you visit Central London. When you encounter beggars on the streets – some of whom are white, perhaps a British (recent) war veteran or a woman with unfortunate mental health issues - and give them a penny or two (or not), remind them of their 'white privilege'. I'm sure they would appreciate it.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

paolo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Ah.

The penny drops,

P....one needs a sense of humour when responding to some of our friends on here, my good man :)

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Unbelievable innit.

Although sadly to be expected as the red mist usually descends before many of our friends type a reply when faced with the challenges the notion of “white privilege” poses to their critical faculties.

Which in this case is to rant about the “millions of white people” struggling to make ends meet whom don’t feel any sense of “privilege”.

Of course there are.

Ergo the concept of “white privilege” is garbage.

But it is not about the financial circumstances pertaining to cash strapped people regardless of their skin colour.

It is about the things even the poorest, most deprived white person takes for granted.....i.e. he or she will suffer no deprivation nor face discrimination in employment practices nor increased police harassment based on their skin colour.

And that is a stone cold fact in the western world.

This phenomenon has never been more apparent than during the storming of the Capitol and its aftermath on and since January 6th.

The TIA felt totally at ease rampaging through the seat of US governmental power with their faces uncovered and then to make videos of themselves, bragging about their antics.

Then to go on TV, like that woman in the video, and claim she and rest of her fellow insurrectists “deserve” a “pardon”.

Why do they feel they can do that?

Because they are white people.

Simple as.

And that, shivah and others, is what “white privilege” means.
It’s extraordinarily straightforward, but this thread proves people either can not or will not grasp that it’s nothing to do with material considerations.

I’m not going to bang my head against this particular brick wall any longer, it’s pointless.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

paolo

Post by paolo »

Petingo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 pm
paolo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Ah.

The penny drops,

P....one needs a sense of humour when responding to some of our friends on here, my good man :)
tis ture, Ol Pet, tis true
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas