Laurence Fox

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Laurence Fox

Post by subsub »

is standing for London Mayor :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Actor-turned-activist Laurence Fox has announced he is standing for London mayor.
The leader of the "anti-woke" Reclaim Party said he would campaign for the lifting of lockdown restrictions immediately instead of waiting until June.

He also claimed he wanted to "speak up for those who are being dominated into silence" as he launched an attack on what he described as "extreme political correctness". In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Mr Fox went on to target the BBC, Black Lives Matter and Labour Mayor Sadiq Khan "and his nation hating cronies". He told the newspaper: "The UK tax burden is at its highest level for 50 years. We have to get it under control. That's why I am standing for London mayor.

"With almost all older and vulnerable people having got their jab, I want the lockdown lifted straight away.

“Both the main parties are competing in this dreary race to be the last to set the country free. Both Tory and Labour have got this badly wrong. I want London – and indeed the rest of the country – to be allowed to get back to work and play immediately – not by late June.”

Mr Fox claimed that public debate had been "strangled", adding: "Leading experts in epidemiology and evidence-based medicine have been smeared and silenced by a government hell-bent on one ideology, at the expense of all other considerations – such as our children’s education, cancer diagnoses and other lives lost.

"At what cost – in these lives and livelihoods – do lockdowns come: and why should it be heresy to question any aspect of this? Our children will pay for the damage done by this fear-led debate all their lives."

He went on to claim that UK culture had reached a "crisis point" where "even mild patriotism is branded as racism."

"Deliberately or by apathy, our sense of who we are, where we are and what we are is being undermined,” he added.

"Boris Johnson says ‘there’s nothing wrong with being woke’. Keir Starmer takes the knee to a hard-left organisation that seeks to undermine of all the things we hold dear, our families, our shared language and heritage. Sadiq Khan and his nation-hating cronies have their jealous eyes on our statues and institutions.

"Where does his desire to strip us of our history end? Surely Queen Victoria, the epitome of empire and white privilege, should be torn from her plinth in front of Buckingham Palace to be swiftly replaced with a monument to Greta Thunberg or Piers Morgan?

"Why are none of our politicians standing to defend us? I am livid at the disrespect being shown to the sacrifices made by previous generations to protect our values, tolerance and freedom. This extreme political correctness must be resisted."

The Daily Telegraph claimed that Mr Fox's campaign for election in May would be funded by a donation from former Tory donor Jeremy Hosking. The mayoral campaign spending limit is set at £420,000.

It must be desperately galling for Fox to be silenced in this way…as he gets a full-page interview in a national newspaper… :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

The Tick

Re: Laurence Fox

Post by The Tick »

Its just come to my attention that the UKIP candidate for the London mayoral election this year is named Peter gammons.

:lol:

This is just too good to be true.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:28 am is standing for London Mayor :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Couldn't possibly be any worse than Khanage.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:55 am
subsub wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:28 am is standing for London Mayor :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
He'll split the anti-khan vote even further. Bring it on, i say

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:55 am
He probably could, given that he doesn't know the first thing about politics.
Still, when your agent drops you, got to find something to do with your time, I guess…
WOKE AND PROUD

minx

Post by minx »

I used to love a good perv on Mr Fox, a lovely well spoken posho for a poor northerner such as I. Now he appears to want to follow trump’s footsteps and “save our statues”. How disappointing.
"to be revered" ..anon..

subsub

Post by subsub »

minx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:48 am I used to love a good perv on Mr Fox, a lovely well spoken posho for a poor northerner such as I. Now he appears to want to follow trump’s footsteps and “save our statues”. How disappointing.
Ah, is that one of his policies? I didn't know he actually had any.
WOKE AND PROUD

minx

Post by minx »

Sadiq Khan and his nation-hating cronies have their jealous eyes on our statues and institutions.
"to be revered" ..anon..

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Fox has never been elected to anything or served in public office as far as I can tell his only claim to fame is annoying people on Question Time and not knowing that people who weren't white fought in Europe during the last World War. Yet, he gets an interview in the Telegraph they must be short of content.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Telegraph is as bad as The Mail as it isn't left wing. All lies.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:28 pm Telegraph is as bad as The Mail as it isn't left wing. All lies.
No, the Mail is worse. Much worse.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:31 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:28 pm Telegraph is as bad as The Mail as it isn't left wing. All lies.
No, the Mail is worse. Much worse.
Surely all right wing newspapers are just fit for lining a parrot's cage or wiping your ass if you run out of Cushelle double ply.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Laurence Cock,more like.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:49 pm Laurence Cock,more like.
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

gheko

Post by gheko »

There are a lot of independent and small parties in the race.

Are there usually that many candidates?