Dan Woooootton

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Dan Woooootton

Post by subsub »

Will Harry's self-serving book finally free Palace staff to set the record straight about how they survived working for the Sussexes?

Furious former staff members who worked for Prince Harry and Meghan during their time in the Royal Family are hoping the Duke's tell-all autobiography will finally allow them to speak out against the royal couple without the fear of repercussions. The small band of staffers – the so-called 'survivors' – and royal courtiers are currently considering the ramifications of Harry's decision to write about his life. They keep in touch on a semi-regular basis to swap stories and discuss the latest in the world of the Sussexes.

Last night my royal insider revealed: 'Harry and Meghan's former staff members are convinced that this book is being written to settle scores and will likely include a lot of detail about their time within the Royal Family. Based on the Oprah Winfrey interview, some of these ex-workers simply do not trust that a full and accurate picture will be presented.'

But as my royal source concluded: 'Many of Prince Harry and Meghan's former staff doubt the book will be 'wholly truthful' because, if it was, Harry and Meghan would come out of it looking terrible.'

It's almost as if he's been told by the DM what to say! :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

What a fucking wanker. :rolleyes:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

If Harry and Meghan are so worried about mental health why have they stayed so oddly silent about this cruel American cartoon which could scar Prince George for life?

Four days ago, the major American network HBO launched a scathing animated comedy about the Royal Family called The Prince which casts a camp and bitchy eight-year-old Prince George in the central role. The series by the acerbic Family Guy writer and social media sensation Gary Janetti is as nasty a depiction of our monarchy that you'll ever see in the mainstream media.

As we all know, Prince Harry and Meghan have been waging a prominent campaign against the media in recent years. It's now been over 100 hours since this comedy was launched in the US on a major platform and there is radio silence from the Sussexes over this direct attack on their family, including their innocent young nephew.

Given how quick they have been to blast other media organisations for far less, surely that is rank hypocrisy? After all, The Prince is everything Harry and Meghan claim to despise – a baseless attack based on mistruths in order for a media conglomerate to make a profit – so why the silence?

I know exactly why. This show is made by their new Hollywood mates – neighbour Orlando Bloom even voices the animated version of Harry. It targets their main royal rivals the Cambridges, while leaving the Sussexes themselves largely unscathed.

WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 pm If Harry and Meghan are so worried about mental health why have they stayed so oddly silent about this cruel American cartoon which could scar Prince George for life?

Four days ago, the major American network HBO launched a scathing animated comedy about the Royal Family called The Prince which casts a camp and bitchy eight-year-old Prince George in the central role. The series by the acerbic Family Guy writer and social media sensation Gary Janetti is as nasty a depiction of our monarchy that you'll ever see in the mainstream media.

As we all know, Prince Harry and Meghan have been waging a prominent campaign against the media in recent years. It's now been over 100 hours since this comedy was launched in the US on a major platform and there is radio silence from the Sussexes over this direct attack on their family, including their innocent young nephew.

Given how quick they have been to blast other media organisations for far less, surely that is rank hypocrisy? After all, The Prince is everything Harry and Meghan claim to despise – a baseless attack based on mistruths in order for a media conglomerate to make a profit – so why the silence?

I know exactly why. This show is made by their new Hollywood mates – neighbour Orlando Bloom even voices the animated version of Harry. It targets their main royal rivals the Cambridges, while leaving the Sussexes themselves largely unscathed.

Sub. I wish when you do this, you could put a link. That is often noted by others to others.

Anyway, here it is: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... rtoon.html

Anyway again, I agree with the Indy, just seeing the trailer, fuck it looks bad: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 95789.html

Dan Wootton. If only Depp (a cunt) had thought and fought better in his libel trail with The Sun. Heard (a proven manbeater) and equal scum with Depp, and Wootton would have been destroyed. Not bothered to look where the yank trials are as kept getting delayed by Covid and legals.

Just looked, 2022: https://deadline.com/2021/02/johnny-dep ... 234700180/

Sadly not,
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I watched the trailer. Carlos is right, it's bad. The programme is apparently satirical and a work of 'fiction'. This is a lie. In truth, it's another resentful poke at the Royal Family's quirks and privilege. A propaganda piece, like The Crown.
Making fun of Sloane Rangers and Old Money is cliché. It's cringeworthy and childish, like Zambo refering to Latin as 'poncy.'
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 am It's cringeworthy and childish, like Zambo refering to Latin as 'poncy.'
Don't get mardy Lambers. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Poncy - Pretentious or affected and designed to impress.

People say they have studied Latin to impress others, and it's likely that it has done absolutely nothing to help in their working or social lives.

I studied French and German at school, waste of fucking time, could have used the time to study more useful subjects. When I go there they want to speak English.

eine Ladung Blodsinn

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zambo wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:28 am
lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 am It's cringeworthy and childish, like Zambo refering to Latin as 'poncy.'
Don't get mardy Lambers. You have your opinion, I have mine.

Poncy - Pretentious or affected and designed to impress.

People say they have studied Latin to impress others, and it's likely that it has done absolutely nothing to help in their working or social lives.

I studied French and German at school, waste of fucking time, could have used the time to study more useful subjects. When I go there they want to speak English.

eine Ladung Blodsinn
'Mardy'? Gawd blimey, he's at it again!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I went to a school where learning Latin was compulsory between ages 11 and 14.
Then you could carry on if you wanted to.
Nobody did.
We were told that it would help in learning living languages which was marginally true for French and Spanish ( Italian was not on offer) but useless for German.
By far a better idea would be to drive up the ability in Spanish.
This is another posturing move.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Bam
Bas
Bat
Bamus
Batis
Bant

Failed O Level though
There's no poem, just prose.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:49 am Dan's the Man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... rrant.html
It's weird to me why the government are talking about increasing personal taxes to pay for their policies and not, I don't know, the companies that have made trillions of pounds polluting the planet.

Just a reminder, this government recently allows a fucking coal mine to be opened.

There is a mountain of work done on so-called green taxes which tax offending practices to stop them from happening.

For packaging, for example, there is no need to wrap a cucumber in plastic - if we taxed packaging the suppliers would reduce packaging waste. Instead what happens is governments give these companies taxpayers money to encourage them to retool - it's silly.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:37 am

It's weird to me why the government are talking about increasing personal taxes to pay for their policies and not, I don't know, the companies that have made trillions of pounds polluting the planet.

Just a reminder, this government recently allows a fucking coal mine to be opened.

There is a mountain of work done on so-called green taxes which tax offending practices to stop them from happening.

For packaging, for example, there is no need to wrap a cucumber in plastic - if we taxed packaging the suppliers would reduce packaging waste. Instead what happens is governments give these companies taxpayers money to encourage them to retool - it's silly.
The reason cucumbers are wrapped in plastic is so that they don't dehydrate so giving a longer shelf life, an unwrapped cucumber dries out much quicker than a wrapped one, also 'English' cucumbers have a much thinner skin than many varieties sold on mainland Europe. Supermarkets have stopped wrapping may products over the last couple of years but cucumbers are still wrapped to protect them from damage and extend shelf life.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Reg

Post by Reg »

birdie wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:26 pm

The reason cucumbers are wrapped in plastic is so that they don't dehydrate so giving a longer shelf life, an unwrapped cucumber dries out much quicker than a wrapped one, also 'English' cucumbers have a much thinner skin than many varieties sold on mainland Europe. Supermarkets have stopped wrapping may products over the last couple of years but cucumbers are still wrapped to protect them from damage and extend shelf life.
We all know why they have to be wrapped in England.

Unfortunately a small, irresponsible, section of the public (who also happen to play rugby) can't be trusted near cucumbers, on account of their propensity for sickening "japes" and "high jinks".
Roy IN!!

birdie

Post by birdie »

Reg wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Unfortunately a small, irresponsible, section of the public (who also happen to play rugby) can't be trusted near cucumbers, on account of their propensity for sickening "japes" and "high jinks".
I think you misunderstood and I probably didn't explain it correctly. an 'English' cucumber refers to the type not the fact that it's sold in England, in mainland Europe 'ridge' cucumbers are very popular, they have a tough skin and often have spines, the evaporation on those is much slower than on the 'English' type. I've never seen a 'ridge' cucumber in any supermarket although the local ethnic greengrocer sells them by the lb.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:00 pm
Reg wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:31 pm

I think you misunderstood and I probably didn't explain it correctly. an 'English' cucumber refers to the type not the fact that it's sold in England, in mainland Europe 'ridge' cucumbers are very popular, they have a tough skin and often have spines, the evaporation on those is much slower than on the 'English' type. I've never seen a 'ridge' cucumber in any supermarket although the local ethnic greengrocer sells them by the lb.
Once civilisation reaches these shores people will start peeling cucumbers.