GB News

In-depth debate on all topical issues
antdad

Re: GB News

Post by antdad »

Neil's been uncancelled, he must be relieved.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

The most amusing thing about this now is all the alt right persons who only 3 Months ago hailed andrew neil as a hero, and now denounce him as a stooge for the woke marxist-leninist metropolitan elite.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Tick wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:05 pm The most amusing thing about this now is all the alt right persons who only 3 Months ago hailed andrew neil as a hero, and now denounce him as a stooge for the woke marxist-leninist metropolitan elite.
I noticed that as well. Neil wanted a serious news channel that covered stories in-depth, you're left with 'comedians' claiming masks don't stop the spread of disease.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Had to pull in some tatty old portable AC unit, presumably the ceiling mounted cassette on the left was fucked. Shambles.

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

antdad

Post by antdad »

You didn't need a doctor to see or say he looked terrible at the time...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -NEIL.html

birdie

Post by birdie »

Vespa wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:30 am
The Tick wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:05 pm The most amusing thing about this now is all the alt right persons who only 3 Months ago hailed andrew neil as a hero, and now denounce him as a stooge for the woke marxist-leninist metropolitan elite.
I noticed that as well. Neil wanted a serious news channel that covered stories in-depth, you're left with 'comedians' claiming masks don't stop the spread of disease.
I have a degree of sympathy for Neil, he wanted an outlet for serious longer discussions on serious subjects but that's not how it turned out, some of his presenters don't have the intelligence to carry out a conversation with a 5 year old let alone hold a discussion on politics, health or anything else and some of the guests, well, least said the better, so it isn't a surprise that viewers just don't bother.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:52 am
I have a degree of sympathy for Neil, he wanted an outlet for serious longer discussions on serious subjects but that's not how it turned out, some of his presenters don't have the intelligence to carry out a conversation with a 5 year old let alone hold a discussion on politics, health or anything else and some of the guests, well, least said the better, so it isn't a surprise that viewers just don't bother.
Agreed. Neil is obviously a smart chap, but it's baffling that the station tried to cut corners and launch before they were properly ready. Was always a disaster waiting to happen.
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:55 am
Agreed. Neil is obviously a smart chap, but it's baffling that the station tried to cut corners and launch before they were properly ready. Was always a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm not sure what 'properly ready' means, they had the premises/studio, they had the presenters, presumably they had the backroom/camera bods so there wouldn't be any reason to wait, presumably all the aforementioned were on retainers so the sooner the station was broadcasting and earning advertising money the better.
Of course technical glitches can happen at any time, even to established broadcasters, but crap presenters and even crappier guests, well, that's just plainly not business sense.

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:25 am
I'm not sure what 'properly ready' means, they had the premises/studio, they had the presenters, presumably they had the backroom/camera bods so there wouldn't be any reason to wait, presumably all the aforementioned were on retainers so the sooner the station was broadcasting and earning advertising money the better.
Of course technical glitches can happen at any time, even to established broadcasters, but crap presenters and even crappier guests, well, that's just plainly not business sense.
I meant properly tested etc - from the sound of it, things kept going wrong, the lighting and audio weren't working perfectly etc - sounds like they were in a rush to launch, which was crazy.
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:37 am
birdie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:25 am
I meant properly tested etc - from the sound of it, things kept going wrong, the lighting and audio weren't working perfectly etc - sounds like they were in a rush to launch, which was crazy.
They probably tested the lighting and sound but on opening night it just went wrong, could happen to anyone, really.
If techy things go wrong repeatedly isn't that up to the techy blokes? Perhaps they got bods who over stated their capabilities, much like some of the presenters. :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am They probably tested the lighting and sound but on opening night it just went wrong, could happen to anyone, really.
If techy things go wrong repeatedly isn't that up to the techy blokes? Perhaps they got bods who over stated their capabilities, much like some of the presenters. :lol:
Reading his article it seems GBN didn't hire any production staff and he had to force them to hire a floor manager. Which is why he said they weren't ready they just relied on the technology to work out of the box and it didn't have any staff who could work it in real time.

His analysis that GBN comes across as hating Maghan, lockdown, the NHS and migrants is pretty spot on, every week the awful Dan Wootton gets three people on to talk about Megham - I can't believe anyone really gives a fuck.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:28 am every week the awful Dan Wootton gets three people on to talk about Megham - I can't believe anyone really gives a fuck.
Daily Mail readers must do. The other day, there was something like nine or 10 separate stories all sneering and taking potshots at Harry and Meghan, so they must think that their readership is interested in stuff like that.
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

#PrayForAndrew

That puff piece in the Mail is quite something

A station that he set-up and ran has a few teething issues and he decides to jump ship after 4 days?
A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:28 am
birdie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am They probably tested the lighting and sound but on opening night it just went wrong, could happen to anyone, really.
Reading his article it seems GBN didn't hire any production staff and he had to force them to hire a floor manager. Which is why he said they weren't ready they just relied on the technology to work out of the box and it didn't have any staff who could work it in real time.

His analysis that GBN comes across as hating Maghan, lockdown, the NHS and migrants is pretty spot on, every week the awful Dan Wootton gets three people on to talk about Megham - I can't believe anyone really gives a fuck.
r.e. Wooton

Quite interesting that the Mail article kept Neil's criticism of Wooton.

Wooton also writes for the Mail. Could this be the begining of the end of a beautiful relationship?
A joyless arsehole.