Woke

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Woke

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm In case it causes offence and more time is wasted on silly tribunerals.
Why are they "silly", if a woman is being demeaned or made to feel uncomfortable by a male colleague?
You seem to find it incredibly difficult to understand why certain terms are not acceptable in the modern-day workplace.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I don't find it incredibly difficult to understand anything. This was obviously based on a grudge she had with her employer, because she couldn't get what she wanted. The judge who said this was a sexist act needs to be replaced. This was not based on discrimination or prejudice. He probably calls men younger than him son. Should that be considered a case for sexism?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:42 pm I don't find it incredibly difficult to understand anything. This was obviously based on a grudge she had with her employer, because she couldn't get what she wanted. The judge who said this was a sexist act needs to be replaced. This was not based on discrimination or prejudice. He probably calls men younger than him son. Should that be considered a case for sexism?

She was treated unfairly by her employer and won out on that basis. End of story.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:42 pm I don't find it incredibly difficult to understand anything. This was obviously based on a grudge she had with her employer, because she couldn't get what she wanted. The judge who said this was a sexist act needs to be replaced. This was not based on discrimination or prejudice. He probably calls men younger than him son. Should that be considered a case for sexism?
Well, you clearly do, because you think that using 'birds' to address female work colleagues is acceptable when it most definitely isn't.
As for your rather sexist take on this particular case, the less said about that, the better.
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:47 pm
Well, you clearly do, because you think that using 'birds' to address female work colleagues is acceptable when it most definitely isn't.
As for your rather sexist take on this particular case, the less said about that, the better.

He probably doesn't, men like him don't have the balls to treat men in the same way as they treat women.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm In case it causes offence and more time is wasted on silly tribunals.
Her case was about her boss not giving her flexible time because of her disease because she was a woman; which is illegal in the UK. If you think that's silly that's on you really.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm
Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm In case it causes offence and more time is wasted on silly tribunals.
Her case was about her boss not giving her flexible time because of her disease because she was a woman; which is illegal in the UK. If you think that's silly that's on you really.
The case wasn't just about that, and it's not the part I'm talking about. As you well know, the one which I am referring to, is where a judge said that calling a woman a bird is sexist, which is absolute bollocks.

With all the things going on, making a big fuss about being called a bird is pathetic. It's a bit like people whining on about having a cold when others are dying with Covid-19.

Got the picture yet?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm
The case wasn't just about that, and it's not the part I'm talking about. As you well know, the one which I am referring to, is where a judge said that calling a woman a bird is sexist, which is absolute bollocks.

With all the things going on, making a big fuss about being called a bird is pathetic. It's a bit like people whining on about having a cold when others are dying with Covid-19.

Got the picture yet?
The only one making a fuss about this is yourself. The judge was right in his findings.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Got the picture yet?
The case was exactly about her disease, as you well know. The language her boss used is an example of the sexist attitude that led to him unlawfully discriminating against her on the basis of her sex.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Which part of referring to women as a bird is sexist? Who is he discriminating against. Starlings, pigeons, or seagulls? :lol:

How is he discriminating against discriminating against her on the basis of her sex? Who is he favouring?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:06 pm Which part of referring to women as a bird is sexist?
The whole part.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm With all the things going on, making a big fuss about being called a bird is pathetic
Not sure I follow your logic.
Because of Covid etc, no one should make any complaints in the workplace, no matter how justified?
Perhaps we should just do away with employment law while we're at it :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm
Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm With all the things going on, making a big fuss about being called a bird is pathetic
Not sure I follow your logic.
Because of Covid etc, no one should make any complaints in the workplace, no matter how justified?
Perhaps we should just do away with employment law while we're at it :rolleyes:
I didn't say that, that's the weird interpretation your minded shunted out.

It was a comparison, you know what one of those is, right?

With so many things to be concerned about someone makes a big issue of being called a bird.

That was the point.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:15 pm
Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:06 pm Which part of referring to women as a bird is sexist?
The whole part.
None of it more like.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:07 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:15 pm
The whole part.
None of it more like.

Nope, all of it. And good on the judge for mentioning so.